Insight into Cloaks of Skyrim, Winter Is Coming and Survival Mode

So, recently working on some additions to the game, and I got Winter is Coming and Cloaks of Skyrim installed, with Survival mode patches for them. They are ordered properly as far as I can tell. Even opened ALL the active esm, esp and esl in xEdit and checked, one by one, each cloak and cape from these mods and the last edits are the patches. Nothing else. Yet, when I am in game and in a cold area, wearing a brown bear cloak I pilfered from a dead guy, it offers no protection. I still get a notice that I am chilly with a status effect on the magic screen. Is this by design? Am I missing something? I almost feel like I am stripping that bit of creation club content as well and replace it with Frostfall or something.

EDIT
I spent more time doing the one thing I harp on. I read some stuff. Looks like the Creative Club content is not really a copy of Frostfall. Looks like this implementations of Survival Mode is a bit more complex. I need to also wear fur armor as well. Plain leather armor is not enough. This can be ignored. I am trying to find a DELETE button.

Edited by James_Richards

I'd keep the post so the information you are providing can help people with similar issues in the future. We generally do not allow deleting posts since some users have abused this ability in the past. If you really want to delete a post, note it in the text and we'll take care of it for you.