Improved Closefaced Helmets & Open Faced Guard Helmets - Eyes Issue?

mooit

Question

Hello,

First I want to say, I started using Improved Closefaced Helmets, since it's mentioned in the Wiki.

But WOW, Open Faced Guard Helmets, now you can see their faces/mouths. :)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4994

With both of these mods, I've now noticed that the guard inside Whiterun next to the gate, his left eye is not the same color as his right eye. Both guards outside have the same color eyes, so I assumed the guard on the inside is suppose to as well, so I'm not sure if he's suppose to look like he has an issue, or not.

I've been going through my mods disabling them in MO2, trying to see if there's an issue here, so far, haven't come across anything yet, but still working on it.

Has anyone else seen this?

HvvsNdg.jpg

4 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Some NPCs are allowed to have alternate colored eyes. You can replicate this yourself in the character creation menu.

Hi DoubleYou,

Ok, well, I haven't changed anything to make him look this way, if that is what you mean.

I wasn't aware in the racemenu you could change the guard's eyes?

I'm just trying to figure out if he's suppose to look this way, since in Vanilla you can't see the guards eyes, I was just trying to figure out, why he looks like this now. Every guard I've seen so far has the same color eyes, which makes me think this is an issue is all, maybe one of the mods I'm using, not sure.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

Gender and face of generic NPCs (i.e. without a name, such as bandits and guards) are randomly picked from a pool of templates. If you restart a new game, you'll most likely get a different Whiterun guard.

Pay more attention to NPCs' eyes and you'll surely encounter more of them having one blind eye or heterochromia. It isn't common but it's not very rare either.

Nothing to do with helmets or any mod for that matter. It's the same in vanilla.