SKSE Error? New Skyrim Update?

AsheRayne

Question

Hey, this may or may not be the correct place, but wasn't sure.  Game has been running stable for roughly a month now, fully STEP 2.2.1 with all quality mods installed.  Today I got home from work and turned the game on, and it wouldn't load. SKSE said I was running a newer/incompatible version of skyrim.  So I updated my SKSE, the game loaded (with a few errors from SKSE about log files), and loaded my save. My character is a Giant. Literally, he's the size of a giant, and I don't understand how this happened or how to fix it.  I'm not sure if it was due to SKSE, or if there's even a way to tell.

9 answers to this question

Just checked forums, new patch for the game (1.9) hit today. It auto-updated my game, so I'm not certain if my game is broken from the patch, or from SKSE. Will try to launch vanilla and see what happens

*EDIT - I disabled SKSE and just ran all the mods without SKSE, and my character returned to normal height. Re-enabling SKSE causes the same issue. Is the most recent version of SKSE incompatible with the update? Is anyone else having this issue?*

Race Menu seems to work for me using the latest version of everything, I'd re-install both of them using fresh downloads just to be sure. If nothing else, you can always open the character creation menu and shrink yourself back down. Does this happen in new games as well as old ones?

You're using the old (1.8) version of Race Menu with the new (1.9) versions of SKSE and Skyrim. Update Race Menu and there shouldn't be any problems unless there is a upgrade incompatibility with the changes you did. Also ensure that you have the new RaceMenuplugin.esp activated.

Thank you all, I've not fixed it yet (but I'm sure it'll be simple), but Race Menu was indeed the culprit.

*EDIT* Race menu is indeed the culprit, but updating/reinstalling does not fix the issue

*EDIT 2* I was able to fix it by opening the console and resetting my height to "1". Not certain why the update moved my height to maximum "2" which made him a Giant, but that method managed to get my character back to normal size.

Are there any other incompatibility issues with the new patch? would i be wise to upgrade to the new version with a full step installed?

I haven't noticed any yet, but keep an eye out and make sure you update all your mods.  I know all of Arthmoor's stuff got an update for v1.9, others will follow I'm sure.

Thank you all, I've not fixed it yet (but I'm sure it'll be simple), but Race Menu was indeed the culprit.

*EDIT* Race menu is indeed the culprit, but updating/reinstalling does not fix the issue

*EDIT 2* I was able to fix it by opening the console and resetting my height to "1". Not certain why the update moved my height to maximum "2" which made him a Giant, but that method managed to get my character back to normal size.

Weird, but at least it was an easy fix :P

I just started Skyrim up and noticed that my fairly light-skinned character had a very dark skinned head...

Posted Image

I'm wondering if this is a related issue to you being made a giant; perhaps something's throwing random values for character details.  I'm not sure how, but by restarting the game after re-installing an unrelated mod it reverted back to normal.  Not sure what to make of this one or what could cause it except I installed the v1.9.32 beta and updated the unofficial patches earlier today.

If anyone would like to help test this theory, screenshot all your character settings (using the showracemenu console command) with the current v1.9.26 and then update to the beta v1.9.32 and screenshot the settings again for comparison.  I'll try to do some more testing with this tomorrow as well.

Excuse me? I don't think that this advise would really sell, especially since Skyrim automatically updates anyway. And you shouldn't be encouraging piracy, especially on the Nexus (where it can get you instantly banned).

Moderator Edit:

User was warned and posted moved to Post Dump.

-TechAngel85

Reporter Edit:

And this post does not make sense without the context. Ignore.

-William Imm