Using STEP on Special Edition but eliminating some CC content.

nataliakitten

Hello....

I've been using STEP as my base moding suite for quite sometime and used it again for the latest Special Edition release with all the CC....

but...

I've come to really dislike some of the CC content (specially the Pets of Skyrim and Saturnalia Holiday Pack). I've read that you can delete the CC content if you delete the ccvsvsse002-pets.esl and ccvsvsse002-pets.bsa from the DATA folder.

Will this  cause conflict with STEP patches? 

Would it be better to install Skyrim from scratch, apply STEP and then delete this files?

thank you

46 minutes ago, nataliakitten said:

Hello....

I've been using STEP as my base moding suite for quite sometime and used it again for the latest Special Edition release with all the CC....

but...

I've come to really dislike some of the CC content (specially the Pets of Skyrim and Saturnalia Holiday Pack). I've read that you can delete the CC content if you delete the ccvsvsse002-pets.esl and ccvsvsse002-pets.bsa from the DATA folder.

Will this  cause conflict with STEP patches? 

Would it be better to install Skyrim from scratch, apply STEP and then delete this files?

thank you

In MO, all you need to do is right click any vanilla DLC and disable it. You don't need to remove it that way, so Steam will be happy. Then note any MO messages:

image.png

Our patches don't rely on this plugin, but the USCCCP does. I think that mod lets you install each DLC separately if you want, so you could install it that way or just tweak it yourself in xEdit. I would also check everything in xEdit once finished to be sure nothing strange is happening, but it's most likely fine with that mod.