At "Performance Tuning" step in Step and get crash-on-launch

Ynglaur

I'm at the Performance Tuning step in Step and get a crash-on-launch.  That means I'm almost certainly doing something wrong, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what.  CrashLogger.log has various messages about "Failed to open pdb" and "Found unhandled type:    (PlayerCharacter*)    .?[various text goes here]@@".

Google searches have not been helpful.  Has anyone seen something like this or can give me some ideas of what to go look at?

CrashLogger.log

53 minutes ago, Ynglaur said:

I'm at the Performance Tuning step in Step and get a crash-on-launch.  That means I'm almost certainly doing something wrong, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what.  CrashLogger.log has various messages about "Failed to open pdb" and "Found unhandled type:    (PlayerCharacter*)    .?[various text goes here]@@".

Google searches have not been helpful.  Has anyone seen something like this or can give me some ideas of what to go look at?

CrashLogger.log 29.7 kB · 0 downloads

From the Crash Logger Nexus page:

Crash logs are located in "Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE"

You almost certainly installed a mod incorrectly (e.g., disabling plugins as instructed or using an incorrect mod file from Nexus) or did not sort with LOOT or did not enable all plugins in the right pane.

Did you pass the smoke test near the beginning of the guide? If so, that rules out 02-Extenders mods.

You can resolve by disabling mods in blocks, re-sort with LOOT and test new game until you narrow down to one mod causing the issue. Disable last half of all mods, test, disable first have, test, and so on.

• 7 months later...

Hi, I appreciate this post was from back in February but did you ever manage to get a workaround / resolution to this issue? I appear to be having the exact same. Reached the Performance Testing of the latest STEP guide and I'm getting a crash to desktop when launching via SKSE in MO. Very similar issues:

[2023-10-03 11:47:21.279] [Global] [info] [14500] [Introspection.cpp:1504] Found unhandled type:    (PlayerCharacter*)    .?AV?$BSTEventSink@UTESTrackedStatsEvent@@@@

---snipped---
[2023-10-03 11:47:21.294] [Global] [info] [13416] [PdbHandler.cpp:193] Failed to open pdb for dll C:/WINDOWS/System32/KERNELBASE.dll+015BB40    Unable to locate PDB

Possibly a permissions issue? But I don't recall reading anywhere that it required Administrative permissions to run.. 

1 hour ago, Fly1ngSc0tsman said:

Hi, I appreciate this post was from back in February but did you ever manage to get a workaround / resolution to this issue? I appear to be having the exact same. Reached the Performance Testing of the latest STEP guide and I'm getting a crash to desktop when launching via SKSE in MO. Very similar issues:

[2023-10-03 11:47:21.279] [Global] [info] [14500] [Introspection.cpp:1504] Found unhandled type:    (PlayerCharacter*)    .?AV?$BSTEventSink@UTESTrackedStatsEvent@@@@

---snipped---
[2023-10-03 11:47:21.294] [Global] [info] [13416] [PdbHandler.cpp:193] Failed to open pdb for dll C:/WINDOWS/System32/KERNELBASE.dll+015BB40    Unable to locate PDB

Possibly a permissions issue? But I don't recall reading anywhere that it required Administrative permissions to run.. 

See this post and follow-up posts for how to check MO warnings and missing masters, etc. and let us know the errors. Screenshots can be pasted directly into a post just like in a Word doc, etc.

Topic moved.