Windmills missed sails.

Damon

Hi. I followed STEP 2.2.0 EXACTLY BY THE BOOK and still got 2 problems.

1) After loading any save I get the message "DynDOLOD.DLL papyrus scripts are the wrong version" although all versions I'm using were the ones  provided by the STEP.

2) All windmills in game are missing sails. I say again, I did EXACTLY like instructions said. BY THE BOOK! Rebuilding LODs with DynDOLOD doesn't help (because it's the same load order of the same mods described in STEP 2.2.0). All my windmills are just silos. It breaks immersion like hell.

Is it possible to fix this problems?

18 minutes ago, Damon said:

1) After loading any save I get the message "DynDOLOD.DLL papyrus scripts are the wrong version" although all versions I'm using were the ones  provided by the STEP.

2) All windmills in game are missing sails. I say again, I did EXACTLY like instructions said. BY THE BOOK! Rebuilding LODs with DynDOLOD doesn't help (because it's the same load order of the same mods described in STEP 2.2.0). All my windmills are just silos. It breaks immersion like hell.

First, read the changelog, particularly the top. Follow this advice if you want your savegame to work or to revert back to your previous build.

You get the scripts error because your old DynDOLOD outputs are present. LOD will be completely regenerated, so xLODGen, TexGen and DynDOLOD output mods should be cleared of all files.

Repeat reloading your save only after the entire guide is finished, including LODGen.

I've had the best results when everytime there is a need to redo 'Step 5 / LOD' in the guide, i'd complety delete everything, only keeping the folder structure ('xLODGen Output', 'TexGen Output' etc.) and redo everything step by step, starting with xLODGen, TexGen and then DynDOLOD with Occlusion. This might be a bit over the top, but gives a full LOD data related to the current setup ...

20 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

I've had the best results when everytime there is a need to redo 'Step 5 / LOD' in the guide, i'd complety delete everything, only keeping the folder structure ('xLODGen Output', 'TexGen Output' etc.) and redo everything step by step, starting with xLODGen, TexGen and then DynDOLOD with Occlusion. This might be a bit over the top, but gives a full LOD data related to the current setup ...

But what point if nothing literally NOTHING has changed since I've did this for the first time? I'll just repeat absolutely the same steps I've already did with absolutely the same output files.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

You get the scripts error because your old DynDOLOD outputs are present. LOD will be completely regenerated, so xLODGen, TexGen and DynDOLOD output mods should be cleared of all files.

But wouldn't I get exactly the same error if I'd do EXACTLY the same actions once more? It'll be the same DLLs and same Papyrus version like the first (and only) time because I don't know which one should I use besides included in STEP instruction.

Edited by Damon

41 minutes ago, Damon said:

But what point if nothing literally NOTHING has changed since I've did this for the first time? I'll just repeat absolutely the same steps I've already did with absolutely the same output files.

But wouldn't I get exactly the same error if I'd do EXACTLY the same actions once more? It'll be the same DLLs and same Papyrus version like the first (and only) time because I don't know which one should I use besides included in STEP instruction.

Again, you get that scripts error because you are using OLD LODGen ouput mods from the Step build prior to updating to DynDOLOD DLL NG. You did not generate that LOD output when DynDOLOD DLL NG was active in your mod list.

2 hours ago, Damon said:

This is the DynDOLOD support forum. If you have problems with third party guides - including STEP - you need to use their forum or forum section

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "DynDOLOD papyrus scripts are the wrong version"
In case the large reference bugs workarounds setting has been enabled and DynDOLOD plugins with version 3 have been generated, make sure to install the DynDOLOD DLL SE - Scripts 3 or DynDOLOD PapyrusUtil SE - Scripts 3 as explained and linked by the Large Reference Bugs Workarounds Requirements.
Otherwise, if DynDOLOD plugins of version 2.45 have been installed, make sure that nothing overwrites papyrus script 2.x in DynDOLOD Resources SE for PapyrusUtil or the DynDOLOD DLL SE - Scripts 2.x for DynDOLOD DLL.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds

27 minutes ago, z929669 said:

You did not generate that LOD output when DynDOLOD DLL NG was active in your mod list.

That's impossible. DynDOLOD DLL NG (this one

The link points to an archived version of DynDOLOD DLL NG that displays a warning that the file is not supported by the author.

This version has performed well in testing, and the Large Reference Fix that comes with this version is supported by the Step Guide.

) was installed BEFORE I even started DynDOLOD (as well as xLODGen or TexGen) for the fist time.

Edited by Damon

23 minutes ago, sheson said:

In case the large reference bugs workarounds setting has been enabled and DynDOLOD plugins with version 3 have been generated, make sure to install the DynDOLOD DLL SE - Scripts 3 or DynDOLOD PapyrusUtil SE - Scripts 3 as explained and linked by the Large Reference Bugs Workarounds Requirements.
Otherwise, if DynDOLOD plugins of version 2.45 have been installed, make sure that nothing overwrites papyrus script 2.x in DynDOLOD Resources SE for PapyrusUtil or the DynDOLOD DLL SE - Scripts 2.x for DynDOLOD DLL.

In current version of STEP it's exactly DynDOLOD alpha 3 with LR bug workaround. I installed DynDOLOD DLL SE - Scripts 3 (as mentioned before https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57264?tab=files&file_id=354914&nmm=1) but idk about DynDOLOD PapyrusUtil SE - Scripts 3. I've installed this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/77779 and this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048

11 minutes ago, Damon said:

In current version of STEP it's exactly DynDOLOD alpha 3 with LR bug workaround. I installed DynDOLOD DLL SE - Scripts 3 (as mentioned before https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57264?tab=files&file_id=354914&nmm=1) but idk about DynDOLOD PapyrusUtil SE - Scripts 3. I've installed this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/77779 and this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048

Really read what I wrote including the FAQ answers and also the linked pages. If you have DynDOLOD DLL NG and scripts installed last, then the plugins you generated are not version 3.0 but version 2.45 because the large reference workarounds checkbox was not checked.

If DynDOLOD plugins 2.45 have been generated and installed in the load order, remove the DynDOLOD DLL NG and scripts.

24 minutes ago, Damon said:

That's impossible. DynDOLOD DLL NG (this one

) was installed BEFORE I even started DynDOLOD (as well as xLODGen or TexGen) for the fist time.

You may think you followed the instructions exactly, but you did not. The Step guide mod tables clearly indicate what should be installed in the MO left pane and in what priority. Nothing more and nothing less should be listed iin the MO left pane.

You need to reference the DynDOLOD instructions and images.

the large reference workarounds checkbox was not checked

18 minutes ago, z929669 said:

You may think you followed the instructions exactly, but you did not.

Ok. Lets try this.

First I've did everything in STEP 4 sections 1-3.

THEN I've installed AND configured as detailed instructions suggest https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/52897

AFTER I've installed this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57264?tab=files&file_id=354914&nmm=1

Then I've installed EVERYTHING else (except Lighting and weather and ENB sections) as instructions said, THEN I've generated output files with xLODGen, TexGen and DynDOLOD. And then I've got no sails on windmills and script error. Like I said, I did everything BY THE BOOK. If instruction says install this first, then this and this, it's exactly what I've done. Which part I did wrong?

The funny thing when I tried to redo step 5, xLODGen and TexGen worked like a charm (like the first time) but when I tried to use DynDOLOD there is NO OPTION for Large Reference bug workaround but I'm 100% sure it was when I did the same thing for the first time (because my options and options on STEP screenshot was IDENTICAL). And now I can't tick LR option at all because it's not even there! How is that possible?

Edited by Damon

11 minutes ago, Damon said:

Ok. Lets try this.

First I've did everything in STEP 4 sections 1-3.

THEN I've installed AND configured as detailed instructions suggest https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/52897

AFTER I've installed this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57264?tab=files&file_id=354914&nmm=1

Then I've installed EVERYTHING else (except Lighting and weather and ENB sections) as instructions said, THEN I've generated output files with xLODGen, TexGen and DynDOLOD. And then I've got no sails on windmills and script error. Like I said, I did everything BY THE BOOK. If instruction says install this first, then this and this, it's exactly what I've done. Which part I did wrong?

Install priority in MO left pane for the relevant mods should be

1. DynDOLOD Resouorces
  2. DynDOLOD DLL NG (includes scripts)

14 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Install priority in MO left pane for the relevant mods should be

1. DynDOLOD Resouorces
  2. DynDOLOD DLL NG (includes scripts)

That's my install order

And I'm absolutely sure I've duplicated ALL options on STEP screenshots (except Grass HD).

But now I can't do this because there's no option for large reference workaround anymore. It's just gone. Maybe I've messed up INI files of DynDOLOD somehow idk. Though I did'nt tamper with it...

Clipboard-1.jpg

14 minutes ago, Damon said:

That's my install order

And I'm absolutely sure I've duplicated ALL options on STEP screenshots (except Grass HD).

But now I can't do this because there's no option for large reference workaround anymore. It's just gone. Maybe I've messed up INI files of DynDOLOD somehow idk. Though I did'nt tamper with it...

Clipboard-1.jpg

"DynDOLOD" is not "DynDOLOD DLL NG" and it looks like the wrong version if it's just named incorrectly. And you must clean all of your plugins as indicated by the guide for the LR workaround to be available.

.... and you are not following the guide exactly, because you have ELFX textures that are not needed or applicable to the guide. We are only using ELFX meshes for a reason. We support the strict Step build only for troubleshooting. If you do your own thing, then guide instructions could break.

20 minutes ago, z929669 said:

"DynDOLOD" is not "DynDOLOD DLL NG" and it looks like the wrong version if it's just named incorrectly.

Yeah, I didn't named it full. It's 

This Package contains the DynDOLOD.DLL NG plugin for Skyrim SE/AE 1.5.x/1.6.x and VR 1.4.15 and its Papyrus Scripts

22 minutes ago, z929669 said:

and you are not following the guide exactly, because you have ELFX textures that are not needed or applicable to the guide.

I doubt this has any connection with DynDOLOD issues but disabled it anyway. Other than this I have 2 deviations from guide: mods Multiple Adoptions and Realistic Torch light. Both are not conflicting with anything as LOOT says.