Windmills missed sails.

Damon

So now DynDOLOD log gives me this:

SKSE: X:\Games\The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim\skse64_loader.exe, Version: 2.2.3, Date: 2022-10-08 06:12:49
DynDOLOD DLL: X:\Games\The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\DynDOLOD.dll, Version: 3.0.2.0, Game Version: SE/AE 1.5.x/1.6.x, VR 1.4.15, Date: 2023-01-31 05:00:00
PapyrusUtil DLL: X:\Games\The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\PapyrusUtil.dll, Version: 4.4, Game Version: 1.6.640, Date: 2022-09-27 02:17:26
Program: S:\GAME IMAGES\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe, Version: 3.0.0.0, Date: 2023-01-13 11:42:44
Started by: S:\GAME IMAGES\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim\Modding\Tools\Mod Organizer\ModOrganizer.exe, Version: 2.4.4, Date: 2021-12-27 09:20:24
External: S:\GAME IMAGES\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe, Version: 1.0.0.0, Date: 2022-09-13 04:00:00
External: S:\GAME IMAGES\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64Win.exe, Version: 3.0.10.0, Date: 2022-12-22 05:00:00
DynDOLOD Resources SE: 3.00 <= 3.00 <= 3.00
TexGen: 3.00 <= 3.00 <= 3.00
Large reference bugs workarounds: disabled (DynDOLOD.DLL: NG, Scripts: NG, Deleted references: yes)

I have no idea how to enable it back if LOOT says I got no dirty plugins to clean.

Edited by Damon

On 2/5/2023 at 4:11 AM, z929669 said:

Take a look at this

Yeah, thanks. that helped. Changing version from alpha2 (which was the latest at the time I followed STEP instructions) to alpha3 and repeating step 5 from scratch solved the problem. No script errors or missing sails now.

The only problem now is that grass LODs are extremely bright. Changing values in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini (GrassBrightnessTopX=0.500) not making any difference at all. Since I got AE Edition, workaround with this https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:Grass_LOD_Guide  is unacceptable. So sad. Game looked better with script error and no sails=(

I'm using grass WITHOUT ENB. No grass related mods except included in 2.2.0 STEP guide.

Edited by Damon

9 minutes ago, Damon said:

Yeah, thanks. that helped. Changing version from alpha2 (which was the latest at the time I followed STEP instructions) to alpha3 and repeating step 5 from scratch solved the problem. No script errors or missing sails now.

The only problem now is that grass LODs are extremely bright. Changing values in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini (GrassBrightnessTopX=0.500) not making any difference at all. Since I got AE Edition, workaround with this https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:Grass_LOD_Guide  is unacceptable. So sad. Game looked better with script error and no sails=(

I'm using grass WITHOUT ENB. No grass related mods except included in 2.2.0 STEP guide.

You should not be running Cathedral Lanscapes Complex Grass for ENB if you are not using ENB. Use the settings as described in the guide for DynDOLOD_SSE.ini (0.500) and lower Ambient for grass in TexGen to something like 10 and Direct to something like 100-120.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

You should not be running Cathedral Lanscapes Complex Grass for ENB if you are not using ENB.

I'm not using ANY mods from 21-Post-processing ModGroup. I've skipped this section entirely and installed all other mods regarding NOT using ENB or any post-processing.

Use the settings as described in the guide for DynDOLOD_SSE.ini (0.500)

Already have.

lower Ambient for grass in TexGen to something like 10 and Direct to something like 100-120.

This one I'll try.

4 hours ago, Damon said:

This one I'll try.

Regarding TexGen Direct/Ambient: It's been a while since I found optimal settings without CG grass, so play with those. I may have it backwards. It's either very low Ambient and moderate Direct or very low Direct and moderate Ambient. Unfortunately, it requires multiple regen of TexGen and DynDOLOD. I suggest placing them each into different output mods labeled with the settings you chose so that you can easily get screen captures from a save on the tundra.

As long as these outputs are based on the same mod list, you don't need to do the safe-swap procedure with DynDOLOD. The plugins will be identical, and only the texture references will be different. This way you can load the same save and see the diffs side by side.

Lowering ambient and direct worked nicely. Not perfect but much less irritating than before. Now almost everything's fine. BUT! It's just ridiculous but after regenerating TexGen (with new ambi/direct settings) and DynDOLOD all windmills are gone EXCEPT sails and grain-crushing wheels from up close! They are fully visible only from afar. First I tried to update Atlas only but it didn't work out (some of textures were missing), had to regen everything from scratch. Now it's like this:

StepSkyrimSE1.thumb.jpg.945b853f5d328dca28ff407d5cae529a.jpg

Oh. and I made clean save before tampering with TexGen and DynDOLOD like FAQ of DynDOLOD says. Though I didn't change DynDOLOD version this time just regen grass LODs. Funny thing is that BEFORE regenerating grass LODs windmills were just fine. How it can be connected I don't have a slightest idea. I didn't add any plugins in between, didn't change load order, I did literally nothing except generating new textures with TexGen and new LODs with DynDOLOD. I even did FULL Step 5 routine from scratch again (with new ambi/direct settings) and still the glitch is there. Looks like I have to tolerate this thing luckily it's quite a rare occasion being outside Whiterun so close to windmills.

Edited by Damon

9 minutes ago, Damon said:

Lowering ambient and direct worked nicely. Not perfect but much less irritating than before. Now almost everything's fine. BUT! It's just ridiculous but after regenerating TexGen (with new ambi/direct settings) and DynDOLOD all windmills are gone EXCEPT sails and grain-crushing wheels from up close! They are fully visible only from afar. First I tried to update Atlas only but it didn't work out (some of textures were missing), had to regen everything from scratch. Now it's like this:

Oh. and I made clean save before tampering with TexGen and DynDOLOD like FAQ of DynDOLOD says. Though I didn't change DynDOLOD version this time just regen grass LODs. Funny thing is that BEFORE regenerating grass LODs windmills were just fine. How it can be connected I don't have a slightest idea. I didn't add any plugins in between, didn't change load order, I did literally nothing except generating new textures with TexGen and new LODs with DynDOLOD. I even did FULL Step 5 routine from scratch again (with new ambi/direct settings) and still the glitch is there. Looks like I have to tolerate this thing luckily it's quite a rare occasion being outside Whiterun so close to windmills.

Report this with your logs in the DynDOLOD Alpha support topic. Read the OP and no need to mention the Step guide. Sheson doesn't follow or contribute to our guides, so he doesn't care.

• 8 months later...
On 2/7/2023 at 2:28 AM, Damon said:

Have you find a fixed this bug? I have exactly the same as this and only happened to the windmills outside whiterun and kinda frustrating to see imo. I made an account today just to ask for this since I only saw this image from this thread after searching around for a fix

10 hours ago, noredji said:

Have you find a fixed this bug? I have exactly the same as this and only happened to the windmills outside whiterun and kinda frustrating to see imo. I made an account today just to ask for this since I only saw this image from this thread after searching around for a fix

See the previous post.