This is only relevant to those, who on windows 11, and maybe only to those who on Ryzen CPU.

d2eRX52

I know, it is probably should be in a different place, but I will post it here.
So, my specs are CPU – Ryzen 7 2700X (8 cores, 16 threads), GPU – GTX 1660Super, RAM – 16 GB single-channel;
I am on windows 11, and previously was on windows 10.

In Windows 11 Microsoft changed power plans.
Previously you needed to change it to maximum performance in control panel.
But now you need to keep it balanced in control panel, and instead set it to maximum performance in settings of windows 11.
Before that, it was maximum performance for me in control panel, because i didn't know that they changed something.
DynDOLOD and xLodgen generating times was way longer that is should be: xLodgen around 1,5h and DynDOLOD are several hours.
Yesterday i noticed that my CPU is not utilizing fully. And actually even under clocking, my CPU should run at 3.70ghz, and was running at 3.20ghz.
I set to maximum performance in settings of Windows 11. And Bam! Now xLodgen times are just one hour or maybe less. And DynDOLOD is just 42 minutes with occlusion checked, all world spaces, and without grass lod.
Wonderful.

Sorry for not very clear and long text, but I hope it will help to someone who's getting way longer times than should.

Edited by d2eRX52
clarify

12 minutes ago, d2eRX52 said:

I know, it is probably should be in a different place, but I will post it here.
So, my specs are CPU – Ryzen 7 2700X (8 cores, 16 threads), GPU – GTX 1660Super, RAM – 16 GB single-channel;
I am on windows 11, and previously was on windows 10.

In Windows 11 Microsoft changed power plans.
Previously you needed to change it to maximum performance in control panel.
But now you need to keep it balanced in control panel, and instead set it to maximum performance in settings of windows 11.
Before that, it was maximum performance for me in control panel, because i didn't know that they changed something.
DynDOLOD and xLodgen generating times was way longer that is should be: xLodgen around 1,5h and DynDOLOD are several hours.
Yesterday i noticed that my CPU is not utilizing fully. And actually even under clocking, my CPU should run at 3.70ghz, and was running at 3.20ghz.
I set to maximum performance in settings of Windows 11. And Bam! Now xLodgen times are just one hour or maybe less. And DynDOLOD is just 42 minutes with occlusion checked, and without grass lod.
Wonderful.

Sorry for not very clear and long text, but I hope it will help to someone who's getting way longer times than should.

I use Ryzen 9 3950x and have had such issues, but your post isn't clear at all. Please provide screen shots of the Win 11 settings you are talking about.

This?

image.png

Either way, you can still control everything from Control Panel even though it's not clear what the new settings correspond to in CP.

image.png

image.png

Yes, i was talking about this settings. Sorry for not being clear.
You can change, but as I understand it is deprecated in some way, i don't know?
If you change it in settings of windows 11, to performance for example, it will not change in control panel, and vice versa. And settings of windows 11 are priority.

9 minutes ago, d2eRX52 said:

Yes, i was talking about this settings. Sorry for not being clear.
You can change, but as I understand it is deprecated in some way, i don't know?
If you change it in settings of windows 11, to performance for example, it will not change in control panel, and vice versa. And settings of windows 11 are priority.

OK, so you are saying that when you changed from 'Balanced' to "Best performance" in this menu

image.png

Your DynDOLOD processing time was basically cut in half?

If so, would you care to confirm by changing it back to "Balanced", restart, run DynDOLOD on Tamriel worldspace using your standard settings. Note the processing time.

Then repeat this after changing to "Best performance", restart, run DynDOLOD on Tamriel worldspace using your identical settings. Note the processing time.

Without this confirmation, it's really just speculation. If you do this, I will test the same, but my issues were resolved with the latest 111 alpha of DynDOLOD. Also, I resolved this issue previously, by installing AMD Radeon Adrenaline using "Factory Reset" and "Driver Only"