Crash on SKSE run, near immediate, what do I do to correct?

ETSubmariner

Question

I am crashing when I press SKSE 64 [RUN] button, I get the near instant black dos-like box like always, a few seconds later MO2 unlocks and that's that. I had been using a previous modlist of my making to great success (I have my own modlists on the Nexus for reference), but wanted to start a new character with some additional mods. I ran SSSE without it complaining. I ran TexGen and DynDOLOD without them failing. Yet just running the game = MO2 drops the attempt every time. I also verified my Steam files, and started it with the vanilla launcher AND also just a clean default MO2 profile with only SKSE. Those ran fine.

Attached are my latest files. Am I out of memory? What can I glean from these, if anything? What should I be checking?

mo_interface.log usvfs-2023-01-01_03-35-43.log usvfs-2023-01-01_03-35-47.log usvfs-2023-01-01_03-39-43.log

3 answers to this question

Update: as I was posting I realized I could run WyreBash as its always been a cantankerous SOB. It told me two mods had mismatching .bsa files, so I unticked both, my game started up just fine. I ticked one, and then the other, MO2 dropped the attempt. I am unpacking those bsa's now, letting them loose to see if the mods involved work in my series of test characters I will be making. Oh, the joys of modlist making. lol

The USVFS log can help diagnose issues when Mod Organizer cannot hook and it may help diagnose issues with the virtual file system when the log is in debug mode. it is highly recommended to put the USFVS log in debug mode only when troubleshooting issues with the virtual file system and for short runs because the log is huge and all the log output significantly degrades performance of the game. In other words, I doubt it would help with this specific issue although I'm assuming "mismatching .bsa files" means the names of the BSA files does not match the name of the plugins.

I think you did the right thing by running Wrye Bash since it now has some diagnostics to help identify some issues that aren't detected by other tools. I think the best diagnostic tools at this point are Wrye Bash, xEdit, Better Console, and Crash Logger when used with SSE Engine Fixes.