Just saying o/

36 minutes ago, Thac0 said:

Soon(TM). That could be after the holidays. Any particular reason to hold out?

One of the admins previously said after Thanksgiving so that's why I say soon.  The main reason to wait is due to the current 2.1.0 Step guide being broken ever since Steam updated to Skyrim SE 1.6.640.  A lot of the DLL plugins requiring SKSE became broken.  Some were updated.  Some were not.  Newer alternate "NG" mods have become available but the 2.1.0 guide hasn't been updated to reflect these.

Edited by Kattmandu

I'm gonna go ahead and get started downloading everything. I'd rather get the bulk of it done now and make the modifications from the change log than wait. If there's a current change list you'd like me to beta, I'm happy to do that too. Just let me know.

48 minutes ago, Thac0 said:

I'm gonna go ahead and get started downloading everything. I'd rather get the bulk of it done now and make the modifications from the change log than wait. If there's a current change list you'd like me to beta, I'm happy to do that too. Just let me know.

If you follow 2.1.0 and note that post-release changes, you will be 95% of the way to 2.2.0. The patches are the biggest hurdle with current mod updates.

Is there a discussion anywhere about 4k textures vs 2k textures and the vram load of the default Step install? I thought I remembered some discussion during the LE guide development, but I might not have access to those areas anymore. Search isn't turning up anything.  I'm running on a 6800xt 16gb, and will be running the game at 3840 x 2160 ultrahd. Pretty sure I can use 4k/2k assets or maybe even 4k across the board. Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Thac0 said:

Is there a discussion anywhere about 4k textures vs 2k textures and the vram load of the default Step install? I thought I remembered some discussion during the LE guide development, but I might not have access to those areas anymore. Search isn't turning up anything.  I'm running on a 6800xt 16gb, and will be running the game at 3840 x 2160 ultrahd. Pretty sure I can use 4k/2k assets or maybe even 4k across the board. Thoughts?

You should be fine with 4K and that card. It's all about VRAM, which you have (I use the 5700 XT, 8Gb myself and can run 4k, but I have FPS issues with my 1440p resolution at 2560x1440)

52 minutes ago, z929669 said:

If you follow 2.1.0 and note that post-release changes, you will be 95% of the way to 2.2.0. The patches are the biggest hurdle with current mod updates.

Would there be value in pulling the file dates & names on Nexus for the guide?

Edited by Thac0

4 hours ago, RainingTacco said:

Will you consider to make "STEP - Requiem" fork? 

No. I don't think I will. Requiem deviates from the vanilla experience, and Step is about providing a "a very stable game with an enhanced, vanilla experience." Also, maintaining a fork for a single mod as someone who only stops by every few years would be a terrible experience for everyone involved.

Though if /you/ are interested in making a fork and maintaining it, I'd be happy to assist if you make a post in https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/205-unofficial-skyrim-se-guides/  . It's a great way to better understand how the whole system works. Peeking at the Requiem file list, it looks like there's gonna be several conflicts, but nothing that can't be worked out over a few weeks of testing.