EVLAS/Underside problem?

RainingTacco

Question

Going from riverwood to whiterun i saw that the mountains on right side doesnt allow light and cast shadow properly, but i have reflections on the water as if there was no mountain at all. What could be the cause? I've generated lod and terrain underside in dyndolod 3.0 unlocked mountain textures for processing in dyndolod_sse.ini and used double sided meshes with MM, MM Mountainous experience and more acurrate collision.

Here are screenshots

VlN04RU.png

j28Wqtz.png

Otherwise the mod works very well but these sun reflections in water really ruin the experience. I've even tried vanilla game with EVLAS, double sided meshes for vanilla mountains, and EVLAS default underside and still get the same issue - though this time i havent generated dyndolod. Actually plain vanilla game has the same issue. 

And another problem - i can clearly see stuff illuminated in the distance which shouldn't be because mountain should block the sun, when i move up there it gets properly shadowed. So it looks like LOD/underside isn't properly blocking the sunlight in the distance/not loaded cells or grids. Im using Dyndolod 3 Alpha 106 with alpha 29 resources. Is EVLAS working properly here, or something is bugged?

Edited by RainingTacco

5 answers to this question

I believe it's because those water reflections aren't aware of the terrain uderside and/or the double-sided mountain meshes. I think water reflections might rely on some mesh flags that don't have any way to factor in the occlusion.

These are just guesses though.

How to fix this if it happens even for vanilla game and nothing but EVLAS and EVLAS underside enabled[beside requirements to run EVLAS]? I've tried standing in other place, or near a mountain to make sure it's not LOD but loaded asset and it won't help. I've disabled ENB and it doesn't change anything.

I see other people noticed this too

Edited by RainingTacco

Its happening in vanilla man with vanilla inis. Toggling lod doesn't affect this reflection. Anyway can you check it in your game? Remember to use clear weathers. Its definitely not screenspace, as it happens even if i only look at water, no sky at all.

Edited by RainingTacco

In the OP, you mentioned MM and double-sidded.

Vanilla then ... like I said, I'm not sure that water reflections are smart enough on their own or with EVLaS.

If you want to know if it's associated with LOD though, use TLL console command to disable LOD. Or just load the game up without DynDOLOD active.