Visual Difference Between Old Version of the Guide

Cloudisms

Hiya!

I've used the STEP Skyrim SE guide in the past and I loved how my game looked. :)

Recently, I reinstalled the guide for the newest version and the visuals are very different. I'm using the same ENB / settings, so I'm not sure what is contributing to this difference. Would anyone familiar with the guide or its history be able to point out what might be causing these visual differences?

I'll post some before and after screenshots, but the quality is terrible... I don't have any actual screenshots I can recreate, just save thumbnails.

As you can see in the 'before' thumbnails, the flora is much darker and bluer; while the 'after' thumbnails showcase a lighter green flora and whiter sky.

Would anyone have any advice on how I can recreate the 'before' look? I greatly prefer it overall.

Before 1.png

After 1.png

Before 5.png

After 5.png

Before 4.png

After 4.png

1 hour ago, Cloudisms said:

Hiya!

I've used the STEP Skyrim SE guide in the past and I loved how my game looked. :)

Recently, I reinstalled the guide for the newest version and the visuals are very different. I'm using the same ENB / settings, so I'm not sure what is contributing to this difference. Would anyone familiar with the guide or its history be able to point out what might be causing these visual differences?

I'll post some before and after screenshots, but the quality is terrible... I don't have any actual screenshots I can recreate, just save thumbnails.

As you can see in the 'before' thumbnails, the flora is much darker and bluer; while the 'after' thumbnails showcase a lighter green flora and whiter sky.

Would anyone have any advice on how I can recreate the 'before' look? I greatly prefer it overall.

• Are you using your own ENB or the Step ENB?
  • What previous version of Step are you comparing current version with?

The 2.1.0 updated guide comes with changes to lighting in terms of some weather imagespaces and we dropped Luninosity for Ambiance. There are other changes as well, but those are what I can think of off the top of my head.

The game looks great for me using 2.1.0 and the Step ENB, so if you are using a custom ENB, you might want to reference our ENB settings to make similar changes to yours.

Thanks for the reply!

I was using the Ragnar's Vivid ENB both back then and now. I previously built my list in 2021, so I think it was the STEP SE 1.0 list.

The game still looks great with the 2.1.0 guide don't get me wrong, I just preferred the old look, however I pulled it off. I'll take a peek at the old Lighting Mods and fiddle with my ENB settings to try and match the look. Is it possible that maybe there was a Cathedral Weathers update that would've changed the look?

Thanks for the advice!

Oh and just to clarify; when I said "the quality is terrible", I was referring to my screenshots and not the game!

My bad on choice of words there :)

13 minutes ago, Cloudisms said:

Thanks for the reply!

I was using the Ragnar's Vivid ENB both back then and now. I previously built my list in 2021, so I think it was the STEP SE 1.0 list.

The game still looks great with the 2.1.0 guide don't get me wrong, I just preferred the old look, however I pulled it off. I'll take a peek at the old Lighting Mods and fiddle with my ENB settings to try and match the look. Is it possible that maybe there was a Cathedral Weathers update that would've changed the look?

Thanks for the advice!

Oh and just to clarify; when I said "the quality is terrible", I was referring to my screenshots and not the game!

My bad on choice of words there :)

Yeah, I understood what you meant ;)

If you used it way back in 1.0.0, then lots has changed, including some weather records, so that's probably partly why, but I suspect you could have some changes due to either changes in Ragnar's preset or in the binaries since then. Try out the Step ENB with this setup first to get some save games and screens, then compare that with your own preset to see the diffs due to ENB.