DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 182

sheson

3 hours ago, sheson said:

There might be changes to the load order that increased CPU, memory demand to higher levels than before and you were just lucky so far.

Other reasons might be OS update, drivers, loose cables, BIOS settings resetting to default, hardware going bad, cooling being affected because of dust (dead mouse not unheard of) etc. It is possible the issue is storage/disk related.

Hi

Just in case this is of any value to know, I have just tried running the original Alpha 182 again having tried reducing my mod list a little incase it made any difference (I will be looking at the CPU testing tomorrow when I am less tired and can apply a fresher brain). I opened up task manager while it was running and at no point did CPU use go above 59% or memory above 66%. I was also checking to see if I had anything else running in the background at the same time which might have been interfering but there was nothing making active use of the CPU or Memory.

If I get any progress out of checking all the possible reasons on your list tomorrow I'll provide an update, just in case anything I find out proves helpful in any way.

Thanks again

For what it's worth, I've had issues generating LODs too, although that was using xLODGen. Also Access Violation errors.
Stress testing using OCCT revealed instabilities in my system, and after resetting my BIOS to factory defaults I was able to generate terrain LODs.
I've now just encountered yet another Access Violation error, this time with DynDOLOD. I doubt it's a stability issue this time, since the OCCT test passed after the BIOS reset.

It's late, so I won't be investigating any further tonight, but I'll return with any updates. 

Bugreport: https://pastebin.com/NZgaTETW
Relevant bits of the pop-up dialogue:

[Main Instruction]
Access violation at address 0000000001ED0CAD in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe' (offset EF0CAD).

[Content]
Read of address 0000000000000000.
Edited by MaverickMartyn
Slight formatting fix.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

The actual occlusion calculation code did not change in a long time.
The last notable change was with Alpha-129 in regards to the preparation part importing the heightmap ..\meshes\Terrain\[worldspace]\Objects\[worldspace].objects.heightmap.dat created by LODGen when generating object LOD instead of having to read all BTO. I suggest to restore the default OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=4 for whatever BTO it might still have to load.

If the CPU actually overheats, then there is a problem with cooling.

Just following up: It turns out it actually was a hardware issue. Most likely CPU voltage related to AMD TPU setting I had neglected to disable over a year ago when I thought I had disabled all of the built-in overclocking. The only explanation as to why it became a bottleneck in my latest run is degraded performance over time as a result of stress on my hardware, due to the pervasive overclocking features of my motherboard.

Anyway, restoring optimized defaults corrected the problem.

3 hours ago, MaverickMartyn said:

For what it's worth, I've had issues generating LODs too, although that was using xLODGen. Also Access Violation errors.
Stress testing using OCCT revealed instabilities in my system, and after resetting my BIOS to factory defaults I was able to generate terrain LODs.
I've now just encountered yet another Access Violation error, this time with DynDOLOD. I doubt it's a stability issue this time, since the OCCT test passed after the BIOS reset.

It's late, so I won't be investigating any further tonight, but I'll return with any updates. 

Bugreport: https://pastebin.com/NZgaTETW
Relevant bits of the pop-up dialogue:

[Main Instruction]
Access violation at address 0000000001ED0CAD in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe' (offset EF0CAD).

[Content]
Read of address 0000000000000000.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to also upload when making posts.

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to also upload when making posts.

Just finished running it again, with the same result. Same memory address and offset as before.
Here are all the logs. https://ufile.io/alah81mb

Slightly off-topic: How the fudge do you attach a file to a post here?
I see others have done so, but I can't see any option for it.

1 hour ago, MaverickMartyn said:

Just finished running it again, with the same result. Same memory address and offset as before.
Here are all the logs. https://ufile.io/alah81mb

Slightly off-topic: How the fudge do you attach a file to a post here?
I see others have done so, but I can't see any option for it.

Restore CreateMod=0. It is for mod authors and not for users to generate LOD for load orders full of mods (that also have lots of errors and warnings) and seasons etc.

Upload new bugreport.txt and logs if issue persists.

20 hours ago, sheson said:

There might be changes to the load order that increased CPU, memory demand to higher levels than before and you were just lucky so far.

Other reasons might be OS update, drivers, loose cables, BIOS settings resetting to default, hardware going bad, cooling being affected because of dust (dead mouse not unheard of) etc. It is possible the issue is storage/disk related.

Just a quick update whilst I'm still investigating things.

Stress testing CPU+RAM using OCCT Personal gives thousands of errors but testing just CPU gives none and testing just memory gives none. So now I'm trying to find out what to look at to understand these errors and solve any problems.

In the meantime could you clarify something for me? If I only have  "failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel SPR", so I use the Execute LODGen button on just the Tamriel (Seasons) worldspace, and it then manages to generate Tamriel SPR but fails on, say, Tamriel AUT, would the end result be that I had now got an Output folder with all the necessary object lod included or would the Execute LODGen process have undone any of the object lod generated in the original process? I guess I mean, does Execute LODGen just fill in the missing object lod so that if over several attempts I get a successful generation for each season I'd end up with everything I need?

Edited by m1sf1t711

2 hours ago, m1sf1t711 said:

Just a quick update whilst I'm still investigating things.

Stress testing CPU+RAM using OCCT Personal gives thousands of errors but testing just CPU gives none and testing just memory gives none. So now I'm trying to find out what to look at to understand these errors and solve any problems.

In the meantime could you clarify something for me? If I only have  "failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel SPR", so I use the Execute LODGen button on just the Tamriel (Seasons) worldspace, and it then manages to generate Tamriel SPR but fails on, say, Tamriel AUT, would the end result be that I had now got an Output folder with all the necessary object lod included or would the Execute LODGen process have undone any of the object lod generated in the original process? I guess I mean, does Execute LODGen just fill in the missing object lod so that if over several attempts I get a successful generation for each season I'd end up with everything I need?

Only select the worldspaces and seasons that failed before clicking Execute LODGen. You can repeat that as often as needed with different selections until it completed all world spaces successfully.
Do not Execute LODGen again for worldspaces and seasons that already completed successfully.

You can also copy/move already completed worldspaces and seasons *.BTO to whereever to make sure they are not accidently overwritten with incomplete generations that get interrupted.

IN the end you can merge all the *.BTOs that generated successfully into one complete output.

13 minutes ago, sheson said:

Only select the worldspaces and seasons that failed before clicking Execute LODGen. You can repeat that as often as needed with different selections until it completed all world spaces successfully.
Do not Execute LODGen again for worldspaces and seasons that already completed successfully.

You can also copy/move already completed worldspaces and seasons *.BTO to whereever to make sure they are not accidently overwritten with incomplete generations that get interrupted.

IN the end you can merge all the *.BTOs that generated successfully into one complete output.

Ah thank you!  I'm not sure how I can seperate out the individual seasons for the Tamriel worldspace when Execute LODGen is used. The list of worldspaces just has one option for Tamriel (Seasons) so do I uncheck the seasons in the Seasons checklist that I don't want to repeat?

(Sorry if I'm asking ignorant questions :-/ )

Hello. I am getting an error when running TexGen and I have no idea what it means. Can anyone help?

It comes up Error: OpenGL: F:\Game Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\lod\riftenlogdetails01 framebuffer objects unsupported.

image.thumb.png.fa6d88c6c8aea3e1ffba9a714550966f.png