DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 182

sheson

58 minutes ago, m1sf1t711 said:

Hi

I've had a go at following all the advice given but I'm still having the same problem and noticed this error message as well so I tried the ini change for occlusion not generating:

<Error: Occlusion generation aborted due to LODGen error>

Here's a link to my latest logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gLyHh4cYNPubAtV7dvXJSQAfSXJF6HCi/view?usp=sharing

And also a link to a copy of my DynDOLOD_SSE.ini so you can see what changes I tried: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nnSqISDbBIw8oKkyjU-8b0ddmqqHZ0es/view?usp=sharing

I previously ran DynDOLOD successfully using all the same settings within the start up window as I am using now. 

I have also regenerated xLODGen using the latest 127 version in case that had any impact.

I'm very out of my depth knowing the best values to try in the ini so any advice would be appreciated. I've also done a health check on my cpu and memory and they don't appear to be a problem. I only purchased this pc in the summer and I have an AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core processor and 21.9GB available RAM

Thank you so much for your help and for DynDOLOD itself.

Since occlusion can not be generated when object LOD meshes generation fails, there are no out of memory message while generating occlusion and changing the OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD setting is irrelevant. It does not change anything about LODGen.

The INI setting are already documented in the DynDOLOD_SSE_debug_log.txt, there is not need to upload DynDOLOD_SSE.ini.

Sounds like high memory usage is not the cause. Check the Windows Event log for related messages.
Stress testing the system with tools overlockers use, like xorecycler using prime95, ycruncher or occt etc. could be useful.
21.9GB is an odd number for main memory. It should be closer to a power of 2 number, since you typically have 2 or 4 memory modules a 8GB, 16GB etc.

Test if using the Framework version LODGenx64.exe works better by hiding the ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64Win.exe.
Just use expert mode and Execute LODGen for the worldspaces and seasons that failed.

52 minutes ago, sheson said:

Since occlusion can not be generated when object LOD meshes generation fails, there are no out of memory message while generating occlusion and changing the OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD setting is irrelevant. It does not change anything about LODGen.

The INI setting are already documented in the DynDOLOD_SSE_debug_log.txt, there is not need to upload DynDOLOD_SSE.ini.

Sounds like high memory usage is not the cause. Check the Windows Event log for related messages.
Stress testing the system with tools overlockers use, like xorecycler using prime95, ycruncher or occt etc. could be useful.
21.9GB is an odd number for main memory. It should be closer to a power of 2 number, since you typically have 2 or 4 memory modules a 8GB, 16GB etc.

Test if using the Framework version LODGenx64.exe works better by hiding the ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64Win.exe.
Just use expert mode and Execute LODGen for the worldspaces and seasons that failed.

Thank you

I tried generating just Tamriel Seasons and it failed again:

Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel AUT. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005. Check C:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_AUT_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel SPR. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005. Check C:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_SPR_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel SUM. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005. Check C:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_SUM_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel WIN. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005. Check C:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_WIN_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005. Check C:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

I've had a look in the Windows Event Log and these are the reports for this attempt:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dvUqsUPrqXy7oEcPL8ju1w90fCUPuE_SHlc0KomJKqo/edit?usp=sharing

Does that help at all? I'm not technical enough to really know what they are telling me, sorry :/

Sorry I also wasn't sure how to hide  ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64Win.exe. so I haven't tried that yet. Do I just tick hidden in properties?

Edited by m1sf1t711

2 hours ago, m1sf1t711 said:

Thank you

I tried generating just Tamriel Seasons and it failed again:

Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel AUT. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005. Check C:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_AUT_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel SPR. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005. Check C:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_SPR_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel SUM. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005. Check C:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_SUM_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel WIN. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005. Check C:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_WIN_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005. Check C:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

I've had a look in the Windows Event Log and these are the reports for this attempt:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dvUqsUPrqXy7oEcPL8ju1w90fCUPuE_SHlc0KomJKqo/edit?usp=sharing

Does that help at all? I'm not technical enough to really know what they are telling me, sorry :/

Sorry I also wasn't sure how to hide  ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64Win.exe. so I haven't tried that yet. Do I just tick hidden in properties?

By hiding I mean something like moving it out of the folder or renaming it to LODGenx64Win.bak for example.

Make sure antivir is not interfering by temporality disabling or adding exceptions.
Reinstall or repair .NET6

If neither works, upload the files mentioned from the last event log entry, e.g.
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.b742fef1-151c-4b46-8353-6e3f9a08266a.tmp.dmp
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.0820b4dd-3d78-4c5a-b818-0e6721cbf5f0.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
etc.