DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 182

sheson

Thank you. Finding what I needed to know about Nifskope in the guide was going to take awhile.

I was able to confirm that the selection of SUM.bto and WIN.bto files i checked are using the correct textures.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

This rather looks like the full model is not loading. LOD shows beyond the active cells or in this case beyond the uLargeRefLODGridSize for large reference in the distance.

See if this helps https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/20072-dyndolod-dll/?do=findComment&comment=281310

Thank you!

I have tried with the test DLL NG using the same output and creating a new save but the problem persists. Should I try rerunning DynDOLOD?

1 hour ago, ZoiLATC10 said:

Thank you. Finding what I needed to know about Nifskope in the guide was going to take awhile.

I was able to confirm that the selection of SUM.bto and WIN.bto files i checked are using the correct textures.

Well if the seasonal BTOs show correct textures, so should the game. If it doesn't, then the game is using different meshes or textures.

3 minutes ago, sheson said:

Well if the seasonal BTOs show correct textures, so should the game. If it doesn't, then the game is using different meshes or textures.

I greatly appreciate your help. Nothing is overwriting the DynDOLOD of TexGen Outputs in the left panel of MO2 and nothing is overwriting DynDOLOD.esp in the right panel. Do you have any ideas for why/how the game could be using different meshes or textures for tree LOD if those things aren't being overwritten? I have been trying to troubleshoot this for several days and am at a complete loss. 

Ok so I checked the bto for the aspen trees just now after going in game and using the mcm to check the specific bto for that area. The aspen trees for the rift are not using the correct textures in the bto

Edit: It appears none of the trees are using the correct textures in the WIN.bto. The ones I was looking at were in the permanently snowy area. I am sorry for providing incorrect information

Edited by ZoiLATC10

2 minutes ago, ZoiLATC10 said:

I greatly appreciate your help. Nothing is overwriting the DynDOLOD of TexGen Outputs in the left panel of MO2 and nothing is overwriting DynDOLOD.esp in the right panel. Do you have any ideas for why/how the game could be using different meshes or textures for tree LOD if those things aren't being overwritten? I have been trying to troubleshoot this for several days and am at a complete loss. 

As you can see, a BTO contains the object and tree LOD for several cells. The game simply loads and shows the files as is. The game does not know what the different shapes in a BTO or texture actually depict.

Check in MO2 right windows data tab that the BTOs are from the expected mod and have the correct timestamp.
Check if standard tree LOD is really disabled by setting its distance in the DynDOLOD MCM to zero.

I should have gone into the game to find a BTO for an affected area from the beginning rather than just selecting random BTOs

As I said in my edit the WIN.btos are not using the correct textures.

Edit: I am sorry again for providing incorrect information. This is new territory for me.

Edit 2: Checking the texture produced by TexGen for Aspen_Forest_big01_winter in the right panel of MO2 it appears correctly when I bring it up in Windows Media Viewer

Edited by ZoiLATC10

1 hour ago, m1sf1t711 said:

Thank you!

I have tried with the test DLL NG using the same output and creating a new save but the problem persists. Should I try rerunning DynDOLOD?

In the game, open console and enter
prid 0005CA6B
enable

Does it show then? If not also type
recycleactor

Any change?

16 minutes ago, sheson said:

In the game, open console and enter
prid 0005CA6B
enable

Does it show then? If not also type
recycleactor

Any change?

Just tried that and no change I'm afraid.

I do have Windmills have Windows installed by the way but I actually only installed it to see if a new mesh would change anything as I was having the problem before that.

40 minutes ago, ZoiLATC10 said:

I should have gone into the game to find a BTO for an affected area from the beginning rather than just selecting random BTOs

As I said in my edit the WIN.btos are not using the correct textures.

Edit: I am sorry again for providing incorrect information. This is new territory for me.

Edit 2: Checking the texture produced by TexGen for Aspen_Forest_big01_winter in the right panel of MO2 it appears correctly when I bring it up in Windows Media Viewer

Can you make a useful screenshot of a full model with more informative console and then of its wrong LOD? See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots

11 minutes ago, m1sf1t711 said:

Just tried that and no change I'm afraid.

I do have Windmills have Windows installed by the way but I actually only installed it to see if a new mesh would change anything as I was having the problem before that.

Does it show when using coc whiterun from main menu console?

If not, disabling the DynDOLOD output makes it show?

If you open console and click the building it has the reference form ID 0005CA6B?

The last plugin to overwrite that reference is CACO Farm Overhaul.esp?

39 minutes ago, sheson said:

Does it show when using coc whiterun from main menu console?

If not, disabling the DynDOLOD output makes it show?

If you open console and click the building it has the reference form ID 0005CA6B?

The last plugin to overwrite that reference is CACO Farm Overhaul.esp?

It doesn't show using coc whiterun from the main menu and clicking on it does give me the form ID 0005CA6B  BaseID da97afb5

If my basic understanding of SSEdit is correct then yes, CACO Farm Overhaul is the only mod I have which is overwriting the reference.

Apologies I forgot to add that it also doesn't show when I disable the output. 

I just went into SSEdit again and tracked down the static in CACO farm Overhaul and this is the information it shows:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15rqiETEKaG03ClfpTqxLMsTPe20iqt6VX0I7sRppudk/edit?usp=sharing

Does it need Distant lod setting or something? Sorry I'm just a user making guesses.

Edited by m1sf1t711

11 minutes ago, m1sf1t711 said:

It doesn't show using coc whiterun from the main menu and clicking on it does give me the form ID 0005CA6B  BaseID da97afb5

If my basic understanding of SSEdit is correct then yes, CACO Farm Overhaul is the only mod I have which is overwriting the reference.

Apologies I forgot to add that it also doesn;t show when I disable the output.

How do you click on it if it doesn't show with or without DynDOLOD output?

if the issue happens without DynDOLOD being active, then I suggest to test what happens if you disable CACO Farm Overhaul and then the Windmills have Windows mesh replacer.

1 minute ago, sheson said:

How do you click on it if it doesn't show with or without DynDOLOD output?

if the issue happens without DynDOLOD being active, then I suggest to test what happens if you disable CACO Farm Overhaul and then the Windmills have Windows mesh replacer.

Oh I clicked on it when I ran close to it as it loads in then, sorry. Was that wrong?

I just tested it with the DynDOLOD output enabled and CACO Farm Overhaul disabled and the lod loaded in perfectly. So the issue is obviously with the CACO Farm Overhaul mod and I will report it to the mod author.

Thank you so much for your help :)