DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

33 minutes ago, Foris said:

I understand your point, but this is my point.

I'm a working adult with limited free time. I have a working mod list (nearly 400 mods) and I found will and a few hours of free time to play today.

I haven't played Skyrim for over half a year and want to spend relaxing time but I can't because of course something broke. And because I deleted the output just before I started creating a new one, I cannot even come back to the working version.

Well, today is too late to play anyway, tomorrow I have work so most likely come back to Skyrim after another few months...

Or never :/

Your broken load order problems and inability to play has nothing to do with DynDOLOD.

Well, if one version is working and the other is not, then if you limit access to an older version for no reason then it is a problem with Dyndolod.

Maybe is better that now it recognizes errors that earlier were not spotted but so what if it were my problem if it will cause problems for me alone?

In the end, I'm not here to convince you, I want only to rant a little.

EOT, have a nice day.

9 hours ago, Foris said:

Well, if one version is working and the other is not, then if you limit access to an older version for no reason then it is a problem with Dyndolod.

Maybe is better that now it recognizes errors that earlier were not spotted but so what if it were my problem if it will cause problems for me alone?

In the end, I'm not here to convince you, I want only to rant a little.

EOT, have a nice day.

No, the problems are the broken load order and that the requirements to use DynDOLOD are not met. If you want to "play" with the broken load order, do not use DynDOLOD.

Also experiencing Open GL error after updating Nvidia drivers to latest version.

Worked no problem before. Tried clean install of DynDOLOD still same issue, used render setting as suggested but took over 2 and half hours to complete.

Edit: Downgraded driver to 537.58 worked perfectly

Edited by OriginalNuttah

On 10/24/2023 at 9:48 AM, OriginalNuttah said:

Also experiencing Open GL error after updating Nvidia drivers to latest version.

Worked no problem before. Tried clean install of DynDOLOD still same issue, used render setting as suggested but took over 2 and half hours to complete.

Edit: Downgraded driver to 537.58 worked perfectly

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Edit TexGen_SSE.INI in notepad and add GLDebug=1 so the debug log contains more useful information when the OpenGL error occurs.

I need help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wYzWy6qKKXfIvT0bBACXtVFMpy4b0o45/view?usp=sharing

My logs.

Previously, I could make lods, but now I can’t, the computer worked for 1.5 days, it’s unbearable, I still couldn’t generate a lod.
Thank you very much in advance.  I can't figure out what makes it work for so long without producing any results.
Before this, I suffered for 2 days, I just froze for 12 hours after an hour of work and did not produce anything else.

1 hour ago, SkyKatarsis said:

I need help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wYzWy6qKKXfIvT0bBACXtVFMpy4b0o45/view?usp=sharing

My logs.

Previously, I could make lods, but now I can’t, the computer worked for 1.5 days, it’s unbearable, I still couldn’t generate a lod.
Thank you very much in advance.  I can't figure out what makes it work for so long without producing any results.
Before this, I suffered for 2 days, I just froze for 12 hours after an hour of work and did not produce anything else.

Terminate or do not install the crapware from AMD as explained at https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Long-running-time-or-output-several-GB-in-file-size
Crapware installed with graphics drivers is known to prolong running times. Do a clean install of the latest recommended or official driver only. Do not install crapware shipping with the drivers or terminate it before running the tools.

Consider to install .NET Runtime 7 as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Downloads#Additional-Requirements

21 minutes ago, dionysist said:

In the LODGen export files, is the GrassDensity value like iMinGrassSize where higher is less dense?

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Advanced-Mode#Grass-LOD
Density sets the percentage of grass LOD billboards that are being generated. 50 means only half of the grass placements are added for better performance but thinner grass LOD in the distance.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Settings
Change the Density dropdown to a lower value in the advanced mode of DynDOLOD under the Grass LOD checkbox to thin out grass LOD for better performance. Note that HD Grass LOD billboards for ENB complex grass use double the triangles, so in case performance is of concern, use half the density, 50% or less.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Updating
To test different grass LOD densities, change the GrassDensity setting in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_[WORLDSPACE].txt, start DynDOLOD in expert mode, select the desired worldspace and click the Execute LODGen button. Then merge the new output with the existing output, overwriting all older files. Remember to set the same desired Density in the advanced mode options in future LOD generations.

On 10/20/2023 at 1:17 PM, Mousetick said:

DynDOLOD 3a155 / DLL NG + Scripts 3a12

The dynamic LOD of certain references is not disabled when full models are loaded.

Dynamic LOD | Full Model

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

The above shots are just 2 instances. Upon closer inspection, all dynamic LOD of the same mod, or perhaps of all references with the same Enable Parent, not sure, is affected. The mod is Environs - Whiterun Watchtower Doesn't Stay Broken.

I haven't done an extensive check but other dynamic LOD works fine, such as Hearthfire houses.

Logs and other relevant files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssrM9OwD-gSECDe9VrwLA5Szcdawq535/view

Thank you.

What version of Environs - Whiterun Watchtower.esp are you using? I see you set the ESM flag, but there must be other changes as well.
Is this 100% repeatable? Are there any specific steps required to replicate this?

I generated just with the mod both with and without the ESM flag set, coc whiterun, prid xxxxx896, enable and hen approach the tower. The dynamic LOD references behave as expected and disables when the cells attach.

Edit DynDOLOD_NG_Worlds.txt and set debug=2100306668 (the decimal load order form ID 7D3022EC of the dynamic reference). The load the game and do the test. Check the DynDOLOD.log for enable and disable messages for the reference/gate. It should enable once to show the LOD if the cell is not attached and disable once or twice when the cell with the full model attaches. For example like this:
Enable - Reference 7D3022EC Base 5A231849 lod\clutter\stockade\stockadegate01_lod_0.nif
Disable - Reference
7D3022EC Base 5A231849 lod\clutter\stockade\stockadegate01_lod_0.nif
Disable - Reference
7D3022EC Base 5A231849 lod\clutter\stockade\stockadegate01_lod_0.nif

On 10/25/2023 at 3:37 PM, sheson said:

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Edit TexGen_SSE.INI in notepad and add GLDebug=1 so the debug log contains more useful information when the OpenGL error occurs.

Another Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Driver - WHQL came out yesterday, and the problem still persists unfortunately after a clean minimal install. I've attached the logs.

From my previous try: RenderSingle=1 causes the error not to appear and lets the TexGen run complete, however compared to not using it, things take 10-20 times as long.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way with debugging this.

Logs.zip

2 hours ago, sheson said:

What version of Environs - Whiterun Watchtower.esp are you using? I see you set the ESM flag, but there must be other changes as well.
Is this 100% repeatable? Are there any specific steps required to replicate this?

I'm still using the previous version 2.0 because the current version 3.0 was completely "refactored" and required a new game, so I didn't update. ESM flag is the only change I made.

I've approached the tower twice from different directions, since I noticed the problem. I'll check again to see if it's still bugged.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Edit DynDOLOD_NG_Worlds.txt and set debug=2100306668 (the decimal load order form ID 7D3022EC of the dynamic reference). The load the game and do the test.

Ok, great. Let me try that.

Thank you.

Edited by Mousetick

2 hours ago, adancau said:

Another Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Driver - WHQL came out yesterday, and the problem still persists unfortunately after a clean minimal install. I've attached the logs.

From my previous try: RenderSingle=1 causes the error not to appear and lets the TexGen run complete, however compared to not using it, things take 10-20 times as long.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way with debugging this.

Logs.zip 558.91 kB · 1 download

Does it also happen if you select Stitched Object LOD Textures only? It is not always the same texture/number reported in the message?

3 hours ago, sheson said:

It should enable once to show the LOD if the cell is not attached and disable once or twice when the cell with the full model attaches.

• Test 1: I fast-travelled to Whiterun gates, then walked through the tundra to the tower. Here's what I got:
Disable - Reference 7D3022EC Base 5A231849 lod\clutter\stockade\stockadegate01_lod_0.nif
Disable - Reference 7D3022EC Base 5A231849 lod\clutter\stockade\stockadegate01_lod_0.nif

So there is no enable to begin with. And then there is a bunch of disables, but the reference is still enabled when the cell containing the full model attaches.

• Test 2: Starting in front of the gate (cell attached, full model loaded) I manually disabled 7D3022EC (gate dynamic LOD) in the console. Then walked away until the cell detached, then moved back until it attached again:
Enable - Reference 7D3022EC Base 5A231849 lod\clutter\stockade\stockadegate01_lod_0.nif

This time the dynamic LOD was effectively disabled, and the gate looked/worked as expected.

It looks as if the dynamic LOD got "stuck" into enabled state somehow and DynDOLOD DLL gets confused. Even though the Test 1 log shows the dynamic LOD was disabled (multiple times), it is actually not disabled.

Let me know if you'd like to debug more, I'd be happy to try test versions.

Thank you.