DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

I'm having an issue running DynDOLOD. I sorted though the few mods that had errors and fixed them. However, I am getting a warning saying DynDOLOD does not support duplicates. The end of my session reads thusly, amd I believe there is at least one more error further down the list it stopped before reaching.

[01:21] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\icesurflayerlod.dds
[01:21] <Error: Can not find file textures\landscape\icesurflayer_n.dds>
[01:24] <Warning: Can not find file textures\landscape\icesurflayer_n.dds used by meshes\lod\ice\frozenmarshicefloechunks03_lod_0.nif Skyrim.esm FrozenMarshIceFloeChunkS03 [STAT:000E7593]>
[01:25] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\bridge01lod.dds
[01:26] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\dirtcliffgrass01lod.dds
[01:27] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\smim_shack_rooflod.dds
[01:31] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\dirtcliffgrass02lod.dds
[01:34] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\whstreetstone01lod.dds
[01:34] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\rottingwood02lod.dds
[01:38] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\dirtcliffsediment01lod.dds
[01:41] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\fachwerk01lod.dds
[01:41] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\smim_wood_mine_plankslod.dds
[01:41] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\landscape\snow01landscapenoalpha.dds
[01:45] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\highlandcowpaintlod.dds
[01:47] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\riftenhouseplanks01lod.dds
[01:47] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\rocklod.dds
[01:48] Item not found
Item not found
Computer says "Item not found."

This is saying that the textures\landscape\icesurflayer_n.dds can't be found but I'm not sure if that is supposed to be coming from Resources 3 or a mod. How can I resolve this? Actually, let me send you a word file of the session that was running so you can search it for "duplicate" easier. There are 6 reference to "duplicate", three of them at the end. 

DynDOLOD log.docx

Please bear with me as I am moving everything over to MO2 and am not completely familiar with it yet. This could be a total screwup on my part, but I think it is more likely a mod.

EDIT: icesurflayer_n.dds is not in my resources\textures\lod folder. Should it be?

Edited by skinjack

3 hours ago, skinjack said:

I'm having an issue running DynDOLOD. I sorted though the few mods that had errors and fixed them. However, I am getting a warning saying DynDOLOD does not support duplicates. The end of my session reads thusly, amd I believe there is at least one more error further down the list it stopped before reaching.

[01:21] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\icesurflayerlod.dds
[01:21] <Error: Can not find file textures\landscape\icesurflayer_n.dds>
[01:24] <Warning: Can not find file textures\landscape\icesurflayer_n.dds used by meshes\lod\ice\frozenmarshicefloechunks03_lod_0.nif Skyrim.esm FrozenMarshIceFloeChunkS03 [STAT:000E7593]>
[01:25] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\bridge01lod.dds
[01:26] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\dirtcliffgrass01lod.dds
[01:27] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\smim_shack_rooflod.
[01:31] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\dirtcliffgrass02lod.dds
[01:34] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\whstreetstone01lod.dds
[01:34] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\rottingwood02lod.dds
[01:38] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\dirtcliffsediment01lod.dds
[01:41] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\fachwerk01lod.dds
[01:41] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\smim_wood_mine_plankslod.dds
[01:41] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\landscape\snow01landscapenoalpha.dds
[01:45] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\highlandcowpaintlod.dds
[01:47] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\riftenhouseplanks01lod.dds
[01:47] Creating G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\lod\rocklod.dds
[01:48] Item not found
Item not found
Computer says "Item not found."

This is saying that the textures\landscape\icesurflayer_n.dds can't be found but I'm not sure if that is supposed to be coming from Resources 3 or a mod. How can I resolve this? Actually, let me send you a word file of the session that was running so you can search it for "duplicate" easier. There are 6 reference to "duplicate", three of them at the end. 

DynDOLOD log.docx

Please bear with me as I am moving everything over to MO2 and am not completely familiar with it yet. This could be a total screwup on my part, but I think it is more likely a mod.

EDIT: icesurflayer_n.dds is not in my resources\textures\lod folder. Should it be?

Read the first post which log files to include when making reports. Especially the bugreport would be important, but also the debug log.

You do not need to convert the txt logfiles to word documents. Just leave them as is. txt files can be search as well.
Different log lines containing the same word does not mean anything.

Use MO2 Data tab on the right to look up files in the data folder and to find out which mod supplies them. In case there is no loose file, use xEdit Asset Browser (start it with CTRL+F3) to find all containers (BSAs or data folder) contain a file.

The frozenmarshicefloechunks03_lod_0.nif included in DynDOLOD Resources 3 does not use that texture.

Season hello!! Is it possible to install Dyndolod 3.0 on the SkyrimVR version? I installed the ultimate vr essentials package and saw Dyndolod 3 as part of it, but this set of mods is too big for me) I wanted to install Dyndolod separately, but I ran into a problem. In the requirements for NO Grass, you must install .NET Script Framework and it does not work in the Skyrim version. Can this be replaced with something?

41 minutes ago, olegvp said:

Season hello!! Is it possible to install Dyndolod 3.0 on the SkyrimVR version? I installed the ultimate vr essentials package and saw Dyndolod 3 as part of it, but this set of mods is too big for me) I wanted to install Dyndolod separately, but I ran into a problem. In the requirements for NO Grass, you must install .NET Script Framework and it does not work in the Skyrim version. Can this be replaced with something?

Read the first post / included manual "requirements" and "installation" instructions.

DynDOLOD 3 Alpha does not requires No Grass In Objects.
Generating the optional Grass LOD requires a warm grass precache generated by No Grass In Objects as explained in the second post / included manual.

Pay attention to the part that explains that this is an alpha test.

57 minutes ago, sheson said:

DynDOLOD 3 Alpha does not requires No Grass In Objects.

Please forgive my poor English. I probably did not understand the meaning of the second post well. It says

Grass LOD generation requires a warmed precache from No Grass In Objects for the current load order. It uses the *.CGID files found in the ..\Data\Grass\ folder.

I'm sorry again, but I didn't understand how to get this grass cache. or it doesn't work for the VR version.

1 hour ago, olegvp said:

Please forgive my poor English. I probably did not understand the meaning of the second post well. It says

I'm sorry again, but I didn't understand how to get this grass cache. or it doesn't work for the VR version.

DynDOLOD 3 Alpha does not require No Grass In Objects.
Drastically improved tree LOD, object LOD, dynamic LOD, occlusion data or terrain undersides meshes can be generated for all supported game versions including Skyrim VR.

To generate the optional Grass LOD for a worldspace there need to be data\grass\*.cgid files for the worldspace(s) in the load order.
Where the *.cgid files come from does not matter.

For LOD generation or the TexGen/DynDOLOD output to work, it does not matter if the mod No Grass In Objects (DLL, config) itself is installed or not.

Sorry, I created a separate topic for this issue yesterday. I should have read more on other posts before commenting but it was late and I was winding down for the night. I get a 404 error when trying to access that post now, so maybe you took it down. Understandable. No need to clutter up forums with separate posts when you can cover them all in this one.

To reiterate, I'm having an issue with the Resources 3 DynDOLOD version when I run it. It tells me Duplicates not allowed. At the end of my run (with text I can't find this morning) it mentioned an error where DynDOLOD\textures\lod\icesurflayer_n.dds could not be found. I do not have that in the DynDOLOD Resources folder in that path, so maybe that is part of my problem. If I find the text or my previous post can be found (I included it on that) it explains it more clearly. But I will post what I have.

DynDOLOD last run text (Sorry about this one - pastebin said I exceeded my limit unless I buy PRO the first time around - and now the page is having a problem loading any text)

DynDOLOD log 1.docx

DynDOLOD Bug Report

bugreport.txt

I don't run Enderal so I don't have those other files you listed, but I can upload anything else you might need. Hopefully pastebin will be back up by then.

I'm not sure if I can/should revert to a previous DynDOLOD version in the meantime, although version three did mention few errors version 2 did not detect like this:

Untitled.thumb.png.cb2fff8dfbd1be98543562216bf7f292.png

Anyway, any help, suggestions or advice you can send would be greatly appreciated. And again, I do apologize if I am not following established methodology in posting. I seem to be rather "focused" on certain websites these days and anything new throws me. Happens when you get older, I guess.  I'm JUST figuring out Discord and pastebin. Apparently not as well as I'd like.

EDIT: AND again, I'm sorry. Apparently you DID move my other message here from 12 hours ago up above. REALLY need to start reading better. I will append any files you might need here after I finish reading what files you requested. Thank you for fixing my mess.

Edited by skinjack

32 minutes ago, skinjack said:

Sorry, I created a separate topic for this issue yesterday. I should have read more on other posts before commenting but it was late and I was winding down for the night. I get a 404 error when trying to access that post now, so maybe you took it down. Understandable. No need to clutter up forums with separate posts when you can cover them all in this one.

To reiterate, I'm having an issue with the Resources 3 DynDOLOD version when I run it. It tells me Duplicates not allowed. At the end of my run (with text I can't find this morning) it mentioned an error where DynDOLOD\textures\lod\icesurflayer_n.dds could not be found. I do not have that in the DynDOLOD Resources folder in that path, so maybe that is part of my problem. If I find the text or my previous post can be found (I included it on that) it explains it more clearly. But I will post what I have.

DynDOLOD last run text (Sorry about this one - pastebin said I exceeded my limit unless I buy PRO the first time around - and now the page is having a problem loading any text)

DynDOLOD log 1.docx

DynDOLOD Bug Report

bugreport.txt 305.12 kB · 0 downloads

I don't run Enderal so I don't have those other files you listed, but I can upload anything else you might need. Hopefully pastebin will be back up by then.

I'm not sure if I can/should revert to a previous DynDOLOD version in the meantime, although version three did mention few errors version 2 did not detect like this:

Untitled.thumb.png.cb2fff8dfbd1be98543562216bf7f292.png

Anyway, any help, suggestions or advice you can send would be greatly appreciated. And again, I do apologize if I am not following established methodology in posting. I seem to be rather "focused" on certain websites these days and anything new throws me. Happens when you get older, I guess.  I'm JUST figuring out Discord and pastebin. Apparently not as well as I'd like.

The post was moved to this thread and replied to. Scroll up 5 or so posts to see the answer regarding the missing texture.

As explained in the first post truncate large log files to the last meaningful generation or zip them and upload large file to a file service as explained in the first post.
The nomenclature of listing choices in square brackets [ ] separated by the pipe symbol | like [this|that] means to substitute "this" or "that" in its place. | = or, & = and.
Instead of posting a screenshot of an error message, use "Copy this message to clipboard" and paste the text instead.

The "item not found"  and "Duplicates not allowed" exceptions from the bugreport.txt should hopefully be fixed next version. No need to upload any more log files atm for these errors.

Regarding the unresolved FORM ID error, click "Help for this message" to open ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Unresolved.html and fix or remove the broken plugin / update the update.esm to the correct version as explained.

Yes, I did fix the FORM ID's after installing SSEEdit 4.01 since the newer version took that function away to do manually, I believe. There were only three mods like that. T'Skyrim Riverwood. G.R.I.M. And one other one I forget. I think it was a personal merger involving towns. I was in the process of replying when you replied, so I will not add further bug reports unless you need them. And thank you for the Data tab hint. Another MO2 function I did not know about. The only reference I have to that file (with lod appended) is from Tamrielic Textures SE 1 - Landscapes, and to be honest I was on the fence about keeping that file right now, so maybe I will disable it to see how far DynDOLOD will go afterwards.

Again, I do apologize for any lack of established standards I used. Sooner or later I will get used to posting on unfamiliar sites. And Discord. And Pastebin... Old and set in my 1980's ways. :) Any time I have had the need to speak with you, you have been nothing but patient, so I really do appreciate it and nominate you for a sainthood. Because you really need one to deal with me. At least that's what my wife says. :)

EDIT: On a sidenote, I want to confirm that No Grass in Objects is no longer needed with DynDOLOD 3 as well as confirm if we need to keep downloading/installing LODs for other mods since this apparently generates them automatically now.

EDIT2: I re-ran DynDOLOD and it got stuck on DynDOLOD\textures\landscape\snow01landscape (noalphas appended) which comes from Fluffy Snows. Just thought I would mention it in case it helps you while tinkering with code. I'm pretty much code illiterate these days, and even back in the day it was web design, not software development.

Edited by skinjack

OK, there was one other file preventing DynDOLOD from running all the way. That was The Great Cities SSE Edition - No Snow Under the Roof SE patch. NSUTR_TGCoWSSE_AiO_patch.esp. Once I removed Tamrielic Landscapes, Fluffy Snow (and patches), and this last one DynDOLOD ran all the way. 

1 hour ago, skinjack said:

Yes, I did fix the FORM ID's after installing SSEEdit 4.01 since the newer version took that function away to do manually, I believe. There were only three mods like that. T'Skyrim Riverwood. G.R.I.M. And one other one I forget. I think it was a personal merger involving towns. I was in the process of replying when you replied, so I will not add further bug reports unless you need them. And thank you for the Data tab hint. Another MO2 function I did not know about. The only reference I have to that file (with lod appended) is from Tamrielic Textures SE 1 - Landscapes, and to be honest I was on the fence about keeping that file right now, so maybe I will disable it to see how far DynDOLOD will go afterwards.

Again, I do apologize for any lack of established standards I used. Sooner or later I will get used to posting on unfamiliar sites. And Discord. And Pastebin... Old and set in my 1980's ways. :) Any time I have had the need to speak with you, you have been nothing but patient, so I really do appreciate it and nominate you for a sainthood. Because you really need one to deal with me. At least that's what my wife says. :)

EDIT: On a sidenote, I want to confirm that No Grass in Objects is no longer needed with DynDOLOD 3 as well as confirm if we need to keep downloading/installing LODs for other mods since this apparently generates them automatically now.

EDIT2: I re-ran DynDOLOD and it got stuck on DynDOLOD\textures\landscape\snow01landscape (noalphas appended) which comes from Fluffy Snows. Just thought I would mention it in case it helps you while tinkering with code. I'm pretty much code illiterate these days, and even back in the day it was web design, not software development.

DynDOLOD 3 never required No Grass In Objects.
Since the first alpha has been publish the instruction of the second post have been the same:
Grass LOD generation requires the grass cache No Grass In Objects generates. Grass LOD is part of object LOD meshes.
Use No Grass In Objects to have full grass render to the edge of the uGridsToLoad or uLargeRefLODGridSize so there is no gap.

Regarding being stuck, try emptying the output folder before running DynDOLOD. If it was empty, wait for next version as it should fix that issue as well.

Remember that removing plugins or mods in order to complete the LOD generation process is a troubleshooting step and not a fix. Either the plugin or mod needs fixing (e.g. Unresolved FormID errors) or something in the tools needs fixing or configuration changes so things work properly with those plugins or mods in the load order.

I know it's troubleshooting for now, but I'm in no rush. I jotted down the names I disabled and will try them again AFTER your next release. If it fixes Duplicates as you hope that should fix most if not all of my issues. In the meantime I can play without them. Having just finished moving everything over to MO2 I'm still in the process of fixing my priority (left) side, so it's not like I'm even getting to Riverwood at this point. Just exiting the cave and looking for issues so far. And, as you've probably noticed by now, I'm terrible at reading instructions. :) It's all I can do to get past most mod instructions, but some need more than the typical load>enable routine. I actually just noticed the NOTES column in MO2, so I think I'll add the important instructions there once I'm finished with my load order. Whatever I do, DynDOLOD will be a part of it. I just can't go back after seeing how it improves the quality of the game.

On 8/7/2021 at 4:05 PM, IcyyCold said:

When I run TexGenx64, it runs through normally then restarts my computer with it not even being finished. I have used DynDOLOD for years and never had any troubles until now. I installed it correctly, it's using as much memory as it needs, but it is restarting my computer without giving a log. I did assign every tick box "grass, trees, trees hd, and rendering" so maybe that has something to do with it. It's not a specs problem as I have a very high end rig. Any help would be appreciated

Do you have an overclocked CPU perhaps? I have my i9900K at 5,0 Ghz OC when playing SSE but when Im doing LOD-generation with Texgen, Dyndolod or Lodgen I usually have to turn that off since my computer gets overheated and resboots (often in company of a nice BSOD). With OC turned off Texgen/Dyndolod/Xlodgen works just fine and have never restarted my computer. 

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Grass LOD generation requires the grass cache No Grass In Objects generates.

Still, I'm completely confused.

1. Dyndolod 3 does not need "No Grass".

2. Dyndolod 3 can optionally use "No Grass" to create a cache.

3. In the SkyrimVR version, Grass LOD generation is not possible, since "No Grass" does not work and it will not be possible to create a cache.

I understand this correctly?

28 minutes ago, olegvp said:

Still, I'm completely confused.

1. Dyndolod 3 does not need "No Grass".

2. Dyndolod 3 can optionally use "No Grass" to create a cache.

3. In the SkyrimVR version, Grass LOD generation is not possible, since "No Grass" does not work and it will not be possible to create a cache.

I understand this correctly?

2. DynDOLOD does not create a grass cache. It uses the *.cgid files from the cache to generate grass LOD.

3. Grass LOD generation is possible if grass cache *.cgid file exist in the load order. Atm you/someone  could generate them with Skyrim Special Edition and then copy them over.
Next alpha version will not ignore the Grass=1 setting in the INI in case the game mode is TES5VR. Skyrim VR should be able to read and use the *.cgid files if they are renamed to *.gid and AllowLoadGrass is enabled in the Skyrim INI. You just have to make sure that every single vanilla *.gid in the data\grass folder is being overwritten as the vanilla *.gid are invalid for Skyrim VR/Skyrim Special Edition.

• Thanks 1