DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

4 hours ago, sheson said:

There reference formid rule is not the INI file you uploaded. But I haven't tested it yet while waiting for the debug log.

If LOD level 16 does not change how far this specific LOD shows, then it might be actually LOD Level 8.

To find the reference formid of an object you go close it to it until its full model loads and the open console and click it. Install More Informative Console so it also shows the he base record formid so you do not have to look it up in xEdit. Then look fir the base record formid in the object LOD report file so see what LOD models were found and assigned to which LOD levels.

Sorry sheson, I haven't got the time. Work stuff, probably tommorow.

However I have to ask something quick, in case of generating grass cache, is it a good idea to include a smashed patch? Or should I do it without? The last time I generated it, it was without a smashed patch.

2 hours ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Sorry sheson, I haven't got the time. Work stuff, probably tommorow.

However I have to ask something quick, in case of generating grass cache, is it a good idea to include a smashed patch? Or should I do it without? The last time I generated it, it was without a smashed patch.

I have no idea what is that smashed patch.  If it contains grass or land records and they are not the same as the last overwrites before creating the patch, then the grass cache might be outdated. The grass cache is something that is part of No Grass In Objects, questions about it should be asked at its forum/comments.

13 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post. Also pay attention to which log files it says to post when making reports.

If the tree LOD distance is short, increase it in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings page.

Update/create object LOD textures and tree LOD billboards by running TexGen and installing its output before running DynDOLOD
Check the DynDOLOD for warnings about missing textures.
LOD only looks and works correctly for the load order it was generated for. If you add/remove mods and the LOD does not match anymore, update or generate LOD from scratch.
Make sure that none of the  generated output is overwritten by other mods.

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I am doing everything correctly the only tree lod that doesn't work is the tree lod add by TheAutumnOfWhiterunRemastered.esp.
Here is the warning that i have in the log.
[04:35] <Warning: Warning: internal file FormID is a HITME: 0600FC90 (should be 0500FC90) TheAutumnOfWhiterunRemastered.esp [REFR: 5600FC90] (places TreeAspen05 [TREE: 0007614B] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunWindDistrictA02 [CELL: 0001BELL: 0001 ] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD: 0001A26F] at 5, -1))>
I repeat it on the old version of dyndolod (2.85) the tree lod of this mod works very well and could be seen from afar.

Tell me what you think.

Thanks.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.rarDynDOLOD_SSE purple texture log dark forest of solstheim.rar

Edit:i put more log in zip on uptobox https://uptobox.com/tena369hjd4j

Hi sheson, sorry it took a while. Here's the log from my latest DynDOLOD generation. Please do tell me what to do if you found any issue regarding my custom rules. Thank you in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rBkxeM6JBulxl_wnLyXjd3XziUnRllWp/view?usp=sharing

Edit: And here's the video of the flickering mountain. Maybe you'll understand why I dread it so much.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14LVXreWP-eGMp-8SuLynK0afyyAzgUCn/view?usp=sharing

Edited by gmahadhika91

14 hours ago, samaelxx46 said:

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I am doing everything correctly the only tree lod that doesn't work is the tree lod add by TheAutumnOfWhiterunRemastered.esp.
Here is the warning that i have in the log.
[04:35] <Warning: Warning: internal file FormID is a HITME: 0600FC90 (should be 0500FC90) TheAutumnOfWhiterunRemastered.esp [REFR: 5600FC90] (places TreeAspen05 [TREE: 0007614B] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunWindDistrictA02 [CELL: 0001BELL: 0001 ] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD: 0001A26F] at 5, -1))>
I repeat it on the old version of dyndolod (2.85) the tree lod of this mod works very well and could be seen from afar.

Tell me what you think.

Thanks.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.rar 93.28 kB · 1 download DynDOLOD_SSE purple texture log dark forest of solstheim.rar 125.66 kB · 1 download

Edit:i put more log in zip on uptobox https://uptobox.com/tena369hjd4j

Check the load order/plugins for errors with xEdit. Fix all errors as possible.

The plugin TheAutumnOfWhiterunRemastered.esp is broken and needs to be fixed. You can try fixing the plugin by loading/saving it in CK or maybe xEdit.

In regards to missing textures, always make sure nothing overwrite the output of TexGen or DynDOLOD.
Pay attention to the log messages that start like <Warning: Can not find file textures\...
Also, find out the base record form id of the object and look it up in ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt to check what it reports for it.

13 hours ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Hi sheson, sorry it took a while. Here's the log from my latest DynDOLOD generation. Please do tell me what to do if you found any issue regarding my custom rules. Thank you in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rBkxeM6JBulxl_wnLyXjd3XziUnRllWp/view?usp=sharing

Edit: And here's the video of the flickering mountain. Maybe you'll understand why I dread it so much.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14LVXreWP-eGMp-8SuLynK0afyyAzgUCn/view?usp=sharing

Test if the custom rule works if you save and then load the preset before generating.

The video shows typical engine behavior of Skyrim Special Edition while using tfc.
It is easy to change the 3 object LOD distances in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings to see which one might have an affect on an object in the distance.
Lookup the the base record form id in ..\DynDOLOD3\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt to see which LOD Levels are defined for it.

55 minutes ago, sheson said:

Test if the custom rule works if you save and then load the preset before generating.

So I should generate DynDOLOD again but this time, load my preset as soon as I'm in the advanced mode?

56 minutes ago, sheson said:

The video shows typical engine behavior of Skyrim Special Edition while using tfc.

I assure you it does happen without tfc, albeit the flicker is not as fast as if using tfc.

57 minutes ago, sheson said:

Lookup the the base record form id in ..\DynDOLOD3\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt to see which LOD Levels are defined for it.

Again, how do I know the exact FormID of said mountain? Because when I clicked it from a distance, I always targeted a mist and it shows VolumetricMist.esp.

12 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

So I should generate DynDOLOD again but this time, load my preset as soon as I'm in the advanced mode?

Test if the custom rule works if you save and then load the preset before generating. Click the save button to save the preset. Click load button to load the preset.

I assure you it does happen without tfc, albeit the flicker is not as fast as if using tfc.

Are you saying if you stand still something flickers in the distance?

Again, how do I know the exact FormID of said mountain? Because when I clicked it from a distance, I always targeted a mist and it shows VolumetricMist.esp.

Do what I already explained in this post

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Check the load order/plugins for errors with xEdit. Fix all errors as possible.

The plugin TheAutumnOfWhiterunRemastered.esp is broken and needs to be fixed. You can try fixing the plugin by loading/saving it in CK or maybe xEdit.

In regards to missing textures, always make sure nothing overwrite the output of TexGen or DynDOLOD.
Pay attention to the log messages that start like <Warning: Can not find file textures\...
Also, find out the base record form id of the object and look it up in ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt to check what it reports for it.

Hi,

Thank you for your time.
Yes i saw that this plugin is filled with error i have it compacted in esl and everything is ok now.
All that's left is the problem with the dark forest of soltheim plugin, but that's okay i replaced it with genesis.
I still leave you the log with the texture error if you have an idea where it could come from that would be nice.
 <Warning: Filename textures\effects\highfrequencynormals.dds does not adhere to file naming conventions used by Meshes\dlc02\landscape\dlc02ashdunevolcash01m03.nif Dark_Forests_Solstheim.esp DLC02AshDuneVolcAsh01M03 [STAT:0401A57C]>
Nothing overwrites the texgen folder when I generate dyndolod.
thanks.

DynDOLOD_SSE purple texture log.rar

11 minutes ago, samaelxx46 said:

Hi,

Thank you for your time.
Yes i saw that this plugin is filled with error i have it compacted in esl and everything is ok now.
All that's left is the problem with the dark forest of soltheim plugin, but that's okay i replaced it with genesis.
I still leave you the log with the texture error if you have an idea where it could come from that would be nice.
 <Warning: Filename textures\effects\highfrequencynormals.dds does not adhere to file naming conventions used by Meshes\dlc02\landscape\dlc02ashdunevolcash01m03.nif Dark_Forests_Solstheim.esp DLC02AshDuneVolcAsh01M03 [STAT:0401A57C]>
Nothing overwrites the texgen folder when I generate dyndolod.
thanks.

DynDOLOD_SSE purple texture log.rar 125.66 kB · 0 downloads

Please read the fist post which log files to upload when making posts. However, there is not point in uploading the same logfiles again.

Pay attention to the log messages that start like <Warning: Can not find file textures\...  obviously the idea is to make sure the missing textures exist.
Warnings about texture filenames not adhering to file naming conventions does not mean these textures are missing. Typically normal map textures should end in *_n.dds.

Also, find out the base record form id of an LOD object with the  missing texture by going close to it until its full model leaded  and look it up in ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt to check what it reports for it.

8 minutes ago, sheson said:

Test if the custom rule works if you save and then load the preset before generating. Click the save button to save the preset. Click load button to load the preset.

Will do, so there isn't actually anything wrong with my custom rules right?

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

Are you saying if you stand still something flickers in the distance?

No it does not flicker if I'm staying still. It *does* flicker when I got close/further away to/from the mountain object. I tried setting block lvl 16 to 0 in game, and the distant LOD disappears, including the problematic mountain so yes, like you said, it *is* affected by block lvl 16 setting (not block lvl 8). The question is, how much do I need to set it in order to fix the problem?

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

Yes I understand what you said in the post, but I'm confused as how to get close to it. Like, literally go near the mountain by foot in game?

10 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

No it does not flicker if I'm staying still. It *does* flicker when I got close/further away to/from the mountain object. I tried setting block lvl 16 to 0 in game, and the distant LOD disappears, including the problematic mountain so yes, like you said, it *is* affected by block lvl 16 setting (not block lvl 8). The question is, how much do I need to set it in order to fix the problem?

Setting LOD level 16 to distances lower than LOD level 8/4 will probably affect those as well. Go just so far away the object is not shown anymore. Then change LOD level 16 to 400000 and let it say there. Then object LOD level 8 to 400000 and then let it stay there. Then object LOD Level 4 to 400000. It has to show up for one of the LOD levels.

10 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Yes I understand what you said in the post, but I'm confused as how to get close to it. Like, literally go near the mountain by foot in game?

That is what I am saying: "go close it to it until its full model loads".

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Hey, this one fixes it! My banner is viewable from very far distance now! Thanks!

48 minutes ago, sheson said:

That is what I am saying: "go close it to it until its full model loads".

OK, I've gotten close to the mountain, turns out the problem originates from 2 mountain that sits side by side. However, it shows nothing when I clicked it with console command. As if nothing is there. Sometimes it does shows something, but it was a mist object. What do I do now?

https://imgur.com/a/mcpYHqY

23 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Hey, this one fixes it! My banner is viewable from very far distance now! Thanks!

OK, I've gotten close to the mountain, turns out the problem originates from 2 mountain that sits side by side. However, it shows nothing when I clicked it with console command. As if nothing is there. Sometimes it does shows something, but it was a mist object. What do I do now?

https://imgur.com/a/mcpYHqY

Full models not being clickable typically only happens when something is added  as persistent IsFullLOD to a childworld. Does the mountain exist if you only run the vanilla game?

If the mountain shows on the map it has object LOD level 16 unless the object LOD level for the map is locked to another one via INI settings.

I should have thought of this earlier, but have you ever updated occlusion after generating all LOD?

31 minutes ago, sheson said:

Full models not being clickable typically only happens when something is added  as persistent IsFullLOD to a childworld. Does the mountain exist if you only run the vanilla game?

I will check this later.

31 minutes ago, sheson said:

I should have thought of this earlier, but have you ever updated occlusion after generating all LOD?

I...don't know what that is? Should I? How?