DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, PRieST said:

With alpha 31 the default TreeFullFallBack setting in the ini is: 'TreeFullFallBack=0'
Is this on purpose? (on version prior to alpha 31 it was always set to =1 if I remember correctly)

'Wizard' and 'Expert' modes are also both set to =1 by default, which I think shouldn't be?

And are these some of your debug options, this settings are also new:

[DynDOLOD]
;IgnoreLODModels=1
;CreateObjectLODAtlasMap=0
;CreateObjectLODAtlas=0
;DontMergeShapes=1
;RemoveUnseen=0
mipmaptests=-1
;DebugFormID=2048

Ups. Forgot to clean.

22 minutes ago, PRieST said:

I installed the new resources (alpha 9), generated LOD via TexGen and wanted to create the LODs with DynDOLOD Alpha 31, but I ran into this error message:
'Item not found' - nothing more.

bugreport

DynDOLOD_SSE_log

FileUpload for DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log (too much text/too large filesize - 52 MB)

Does it work with Grass=0?

Just now, PRieST said:

Yes.
Error on my end? The grass cache was generated freshly (and I did a run with it with alpha 30)

Grass cache itself should not matter. This happens while building the texture atlas. I don't think I changed anything in regards to that.

is this just default verdant or did you do any changes to it (for example like updating object bounds to generate more grass billboards)?

15 minutes ago, sheson said:

is this just default verdant or did you do any changes to it (for example like updating object bounds to generate more grass billboards)?

I had to update the bounds, so that the grass billboards could be genereated. Beside that it sould be original. But I am not 100% sure

Edit:I think I edited it at sometime, because I/a mod (which I can't found at the moment) removed all 'pebbles' (ugly little things)

Edited by PRieST

13 minutes ago, PRieST said:

I had to update the bounds, so that the grass billboards could be genereated. Beside that it sould be original. But I am not 100% sure

Edit:I think I edited it at sometime, because I/a mod (which I can't found at the moment) removed all 'pebbles' (ugly little things)

Doesn't matter, could reproduce anyways. Fixed in Alpha 33

8 minutes ago, Murikha said:

A quick thankyou for this! Latest build looks so good!!!

One thing I am experiencing that I didn't with the last build is those giant square holes in the ocean up by Dawnstar and Winterhold. 

FAQ: Game: Rectangular holes in LOD 

A: Caused by vanilla pre-computed occlusion. Has nothing to do with the LOD data itself. Either use xLODGen or DynDOLOD to update the data. See the 'TVDT - Occlusion Data' section in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html and https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/14250-skyrim-tvdt-occlusion-culling-data/

5 minutes ago, SorinAlin said:

Can you tell me please what's new in this update? And should i uninstall old version and install this new version? Thank you!

Asking these types of questions is an indication that you probably should not be participating in the alpha test. The first post has a change log.

This is early ALPHA to test things and iron out bugs. Certain things may be incomplete, not work as expected or change considerably between versions.

6 minutes ago, dfdghnm said:

Just to clarify, ultra tree lods refer to Hybrid or Full Model correct? If so, how do I create billboards that support 3D Lod creation using texgen? Do I simply check the HD Lods option?

As the first post suggest, make use of the Help buttons and hover over settings.

..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGen.html which opens when clicking the Help button in TexGen:
HD Tree billboards are for the optional ultra tree LOD generation.

..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Terminology.html:
Ultra tree LOD or tree LOD in static Object LOD are LOD trees done as static object LOD. This can be 3D tree LOD, billboards or a mixture of both - hybrid LOD trees.

Open these files to read them. They have links to even more explanations, especially ..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html

Apologies. I have in fact read the post, but I guess I am still a bit confused.

I am just wondering how to create the 3d tree lods. (I have somehow done it before, but not on Dyndolod 3.0, or otherwise used existing 3d tree billboards like those from 3d trees)  As specified in the documents, I have ticked the checkbox ultra  and assigned Level 0 to LOD level 4 in dyndolod, but I still have 2d tree lods in my game (with no dyndolod used before).

As I understand, to generate 3d tree lod as stated in "Generate 3D Tree Static Object LOD" of the manual requries "a 3D static object LOD in Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\trees\*passthru_lod.nif ". But dyndolod could not find any 3d models according to the file DYNDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report. I am not sure how to get them, as I was under the impression  dyndolod would generate them in the first place. (I apologise if I misunderstood, pls let me know)

Edit: Dyndolod DID in fact find some 3d LODs for some trees (like TreeTundraDriftWoodTree01). So it is strange that there are NO 3d lods in windhelm, at least that I can see)

Additionally  I am unsure how to switch between full and hybrid. I know what Billboard levels are from "Internal and External Billboards", and I know level 0 uses the 3d mesh file (is that full?), but I do not know what Levels 1, 2 and 3 do.  I also am unclear what LOD levels are.

Do I required 3d LOD resources provided by mod authors to generate 3d tree lods? (I have generated my own billboards using texgen, "HD Lods option checked")
I am in fact trying to generate 3d LODs for the Jedi trees. And while I know it is not under the list of supported tree mods, according to other users on the discord, 3d tree lods can in fact be generated.

Edited by dfdghnm

43 minutes ago, dfdghnm said:

Apologies. I have in fact read the post, but I guess I am still a bit confused.

I am just wondering how to create the 3d tree lods. (I have somehow done it before, but not on Dyndolod 3.0, or otherwise used existing 3d tree billboards like those from 3d trees)  As specified in the documents, I have ticked the checkbox ultra  and assigned Level 0 to LOD level 4 in dyndolod, but I still have 2d tree lods in my game (with no dyndolod used before).

As I understand, to generate 3d tree lod as stated in "Generate 3D Tree Static Object LOD" of the manual requries "a 3D static object LOD in Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\trees\*passthru_lod.nif ". But dyndolod could not find any 3d models according to the file DYNDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report. I am not sure how to get them, as I was under the impression  dyndolod would generate them in the first place. (I apologise if I misunderstood, pls let me know)

Edit: Dyndolod DID in fact find some 3d LODs for some trees (like TreeTundraDriftWoodTree01). So it is strange that there are NO 3d lods in windhelm, at least that I can see)

Additionally  I am unsure how to switch between full and hybrid. I know what Billboard levels are from "Internal and External Billboards", and I know level 0 uses the 3d mesh file (is that full?), but I do not know what Levels 1, 2 and 3 do.  I also am unclear what LOD levels are.

Do I required 3d LOD resources provided by mod authors to generate 3d tree lods? (I have generated my own billboards using texgen, "HD Lods option checked")
I am in fact trying to generate 3d LODs for the Jedi trees. And while I know it is not under the list of supported tree mods, according to other users on the discord, 3d tree lods can in fact be generated.

DynDOLOD 3 works the same way as DynDOLOD 2 in that it requires LOD assets to be installed in the load order. DynDOLOD 3 requires the exact same 3D tree LOD CRC32 file names as DynDOLOD 2. DynDOLOD-Trees.html lists the mods that are support directly and which are known to have 3D LOD assets (may be  incomplete of course).

DynDOLOD does not create LOD assets, it requires  them.
However, TexGen 3 can now create billboard textures and text files in addition to object LOD texures. Together with LODGen it can be used to more easily create hybrid tree LOD models as explained ..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\tools\hybrids\DynDOLOD_CreateHybrid.html

LOD assets can have 4 levels. They are indicated by the filename _0 _1 _2 _3. STAT base records allow to define models to be used on the 4 LOD levels 4, 8, 16, 32. Skyrim typically only uses 4, 8, 16  for object LOD. The files can be assigned anyway you like. See ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html and maybe CK wiki for more.

For 3D tree LOD there is only one LOD model per tree and usually they have no level indicator in the file name. Hence, the same model is used for level 0 to 2. So setting Level0,1,2 is usually the same.

Hey, so I have a fairly low-end laptop compared to you guys (8GB RAM being the most relevant spec to my issue). With 3.0, I keep running into the "Out of memory" error within 4-5 minutes of running Texgen. If I have Chrome open at the same time, the error shows up within a minute. Never had this issue with 2.xx even with a whole bunch of apps running at the same time.

I understand if this is totally expected, but just wanted to check if there's anything I can try before figuring out if I can afford a new PC?