DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

9 hours ago, sheson said:

Use the Adrenalin 22.5.1 Recommended (WHQL) and not any of the optional newer drivers that still seem to contain OpenGL bugs as discussed several times in this thread recently

Read the first post which explains which log and debug log upload when making posts. Delete the log from x86 version and start the x64 version again to write new log.

"Not working" is not a useful problem report. Report the actual version instead of "latest".

The thing is the logs don't show any problems, it just won't start through mo2. I'm using mo2 version 2.4.4

Edit: It doesn't give me any logs either. No bug reports or any error showing. I was following a gamerpoets video on how to install dyndolod and installed it exactly the way he did, and it still does not work. Sorry if I sound really stupid right now.

Edited by facebutt92

44 minutes ago, facebutt92 said:

The thing is the logs don't show any problems, it just won't start through mo2. I'm using mo2 version 2.4.4

Starting the programs directly works?

In that case, if MO2 does not start a program, then you need to check the entries for it in the settings for the executable dropdown are correct, check the MO2 logs for hints and use the MO2 comments/discord for help. Make sure absolutely nothing is installed in special Windows folders, that UAC, antivir etc. are not preventing access, etc.

The MO2 discord has newer dev versions, for example MO2 2.4.5 Alpha 3 or MO2 2.5.0 Alpha 3 (only works on Windows 10 and up). 

33 minutes ago, sheson said:

In that case, if MO2 does not start a program, then you need to check the entries for it in the executable setup are correct, check the MO2 logs for hints and use the MO2 comments/discord for help. Make sure absolutely nothing is installed in special Windows folders, that UAC, antivir etc. are not preventing access, etc.

The MO2 discord has newer dev versions, for example MO2 2.4.5 Alpha 3 or MO2 2.5.0 Alpha 3 (only works on Windows 10 and up).

Okay I'll try that then. I'll give an update and see if that works.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

In that case, if MO2 does not start a program, then you need to check the entries for it in the settings for the executable dropdown are correct, check the MO2 logs for hints and use the MO2 comments/discord for help. Make sure absolutely nothing is installed in special Windows folders, that UAC, antivir etc. are not preventing access, etc.

Okay so I tried the different versions of MO2 and they still didn't work. I don't think there's anything wrong with MO2 because starting the program directly works, but the versions that aren't x64 works when starting through MO2.

37 minutes ago, facebutt92 said:

Okay so I tried the different versions of MO2 and they still didn't work. I don't think there's anything wrong with MO2 because starting the program directly works, but the versions that aren't x64 works when starting through MO2.

If the programs can be started directly, but MO2 does not start them, then there is something going with MO2 or the setup or it is prevented by the OS, antivir etc.. Its log may contain clues.

34 minutes ago, sheson said:

If the programs can be started directly, but MO2 does not start them, then there is something going with MO2 / its setup. Its log may contain clues.

Sadly, the logs don't even show any clue of it not launching. I may have to reinstall MO2 and make the instance again.

33 minutes ago, facebutt92 said:

Sadly, the logs don't even show any clue of it not launching. I may have to reinstall MO2 and make the instance again.

Let me point out that you are only posting a story without any actual information.

It seems you have a problem with MO2 and not TexGen or DynDOLOD. I suggest to seek help for MO2 in its comments/discord.

41 minutes ago, sheson said:

Let me point out that you are only posting a story without any actual information.

It seems you have a problem with MO2 and not TexGen or DynDOLOD. I suggest to seek help for MO2 in its comments/discord.

I know, I wish I could give any actual information. It's just not giving me any actual information no matter how much I try to go through the logs or error messages. I already posted my issues on the discord server to see if anyone will respond.

1 hour ago, facebutt92 said:

I know, I wish I could give any actual information. It's just not giving me any actual information no matter how much I try to go through the logs or error messages. I already posted my issues on the discord server to see if anyone will respond.

What error messages?

You could provide information where everything (MO2, the game, the tools) is installed, upload a screenshot of the executable settings, copy and paste the relevant content of the fully enabled debug log of MO2, upload the log and debug log of TexGen and/or DynDOLOD x64 version when started directly.

This is weird.

I just updated to Happy Little Trees 3D LOD - Quality 2.02 to match the new Happy Trees 2.02 ... Previously I was using the performance LOD version for older Happy Trees 1.0+ and didn't encounter this issue.  My pine trees haven't turned out properly; they appear to be partially invisible? Not something I ever encountered with the previous version performance mode.

https://imgur.com/a/yi4OrFl

These are my options when I created the texgen and dyndolod

http://icecream.me/uploads/f9acf4671faad3bd802512c8aca88480.png

http://icecream.me/uploads/3717d70a991d61aa1647c61cd740adbf.png

EDIT:

I tried the performance version and didn't experience the same issue; only seems to happen with the quality version.

Edited by Soulmancer

4 hours ago, Soulmancer said:

This is weird.

I just updated to Happy Little Trees 3D LOD - Quality 2.02 to match the new Happy Trees 2.02 ... Previously I was using the performance LOD version for older Happy Trees 1.0+ and didn't encounter this issue.  My pine trees haven't turned out properly; they appear to be partially invisible? Not something I ever encountered with the previous version performance mode.

https://imgur.com/a/yi4OrFl

These are my options when I created the texgen and dyndolod

http://icecream.me/uploads/f9acf4671faad3bd802512c8aca88480.png

http://icecream.me/uploads/3717d70a991d61aa1647c61cd740adbf.png

EDIT:

I tried the performance version and didn't experience the same issue; only seems to happen with the quality version.

Read the first post which log and debug logs to upload when making posts.

If a texture with alpha channel thins out the further away it is, then it is typically because the mipmaps were created without alpha-to-coverage.

This typically means the full texture is used directly and not from the object LOD atlas. Which typically happens because UV coordinates are outside 0.0 and 1.0.

Hey, can something like Street Cleaning - City FPS Helper's No Grass feature be included in DynDOLOD's output?

Here's how it looks: image.thumb.png.32b6e87c1d8a5c557d84c832ec6e76d5.png

Also I got this edit when checking for errors:

[13:11] Checking for Errors in [CE] DynDOLOD.esp
[13:19] RiftenWorld "Riften" [WRLD:00016BB4]
[13:19]     WRLD \ NAM3 - LOD Water Type -> Found a NULL reference, expected: WATR

Also, when running through Sniff I got this Error: "DynDOLOD Resources SE\Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\effects\fxwaterfallbodytall_1B8F2ED5_dyndolod_lod.nif: '-INF' is not a valid floating point value. What does this mean?

Edited by mattski123
adding details

1 hour ago, mattski123 said:

Hey, can something like Street Cleaning - City FPS Helper's No Grass feature be included in DynDOLOD's output?

Here's how it looks: image.thumb.png.32b6e87c1d8a5c557d84c832ec6e76d5.png

Add a new text file like MyPatches_Tamriel.patch to the (virtual) ..\Data\DynDOLOD\ folder. *_Tamriel.patch files are processed when LOD for the worldspce Tamriel is generated. The child worldspace RfitenWorld is part of Tamriel.

Add a line like below to the file to create an overwrite for the worldspace record in the DynDOLOD.esp and to set the No Grass flag.

overwrite2esp=skyrim.esm;00016BB4,DATA\No Grass=1

Next time LOD is generated for Tamriel, DynDOLOD.esp should contain the desired change.

1 hour ago, mattski123 said:

Also I got this edit when checking for errors:

[13:11] Checking for Errors in [CE] DynDOLOD.esp
[13:19] RiftenWorld "Riften" [WRLD:00016BB4]
[13:19]     WRLD \ NAM3 - LOD Water Type -> Found a NULL reference, expected: WATR

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

As explained before, the DynDOLOD plugins are crated by copying the winning records from the plugins in the load order before the DynDOLOD plugins. If you check the worldspace record, you will notice than none of the vanilla plugins set the LOD water record - which probably means the child worldspace uses the record defined on the parent worldspace Tamriel.

Not setting the record and setting it to NULL are probably two different things. Check which plugin set the record to NULL and fix it in there. As explained at https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites, the load order should be checked for errors before running TexGen and DynDOLOD. The error and plugin should have shown up and fixed before.

5 hours ago, Althamiere said:

so i just got error from generating TexGen for Dyndolod1613058789_Screenshot2022-08-24154932.thumb.png.81b84759255f047093cb8acd4858dbd5.png

i dont know what happen and probably someone here could help me. im really grateful for that

Did you click the link in that error? Search MO data tab for this file. Probably provided by your water mod (e.g., RWT).