DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

I need a bit of help please if possible. I am trying to generate everything but the terrain with Dyndolod alpha, and I keep getting these errors in the log:

[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef59c.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL05Dead [TREE:000EF59C]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef5a5.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnow01Dead [TREE:000EF5A5]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef5a0.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL01Dead [TREE:000EF5A0]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef59e.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL03Dead [TREE:000EF59E]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000b927b.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForest02Dead [TREE:000B927B]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef59d.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL04Dead [TREE:000EF59D]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef5a1.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnow05Dead [TREE:000EF5A1]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000b927d.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForest04Dead [TREE:000B927D]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef5a3.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnow03Dead [TREE:000EF5A3]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef59f.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL02Dead [TREE:000EF59F]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000b927a.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForest01Dead [TREE:000B927A]>

This is my lod specific setup when starting Dyndolodhttps://prnt.sc/z84hcw and this is my mod list: https://modwat.ch/u/Stefan and these are my TexGen settings: https://prnt.sc/z7aidk

Any tips for what I should look for? Thank you

Read the first post what log files to upload/pastebin. Provide the entire logs and not just a few lines.

Read first post or the included quickstart.html for requirements and installation instructions

Preferably no 3rd party billboards should be installed and TexGen should be use to generate all of them. The TexGen log lists what is being generated.

Rather obviously, the first thing to look for is if these txt files exist or not. According to the screenshot from MO2 the TexGen output is empty.

Read the first post what log files to upload/pastebin. Provide the entire logs and not just a few lines.

Read first post or the included quickstart.html for requirements and installation instructions

Preferably no 3rd party billboards should be installed and TexGen should be use to generate all of them. The TexGen log lists what is being generated.

Rather obviously, the first thing to look for is if these txt files exist or not. According to the screenshot from MO2 the TexGen output is empty.

Thank you. I was posting when you were posting. Will try your advice this evening.

TexGen was not empty, I just haven't restarted MO2 after copying manually the files to it. If you look at the green + icons, Texgen overwrites other mods. https://prnt.sc/z8brg1

Edited by Stefan

I have also tried this setup, adding a few more lods: https://prnt.sc/z89irm

I assume I can safely pick Ignore? Since it's a dead tree?

Thank you

Read the first post what log files to upload/pastebin.

Warnings typically mean there will be visual issues if they are not rectified. If no billboard is found for a tree, that tree won't have LOD.

Read the first post or the included quickstart.html for requirements and installation instructions. Use TexGen to generate all billboards instead of installing 3rd party billboards. The TexGen log lists what is being generated.

Rather obviously, the first thing to look for is if these txt files exist or not. The screenshot from MO2 still indicates that the TexGen Output does not contain any valid game data.

The issue is a vanilla campfire is stacking on top of an embers xd fire. There are two distinct stone rings, two sets of wood and two flames; different objects. The vanilla set spawned a few seconds after starting the game on top of the embers set. The snow on the tent is also completely messed up. This is on a New game, and dyndolod was generated for this load order. I have not encountered this on dyndolod 2.90 with generate dynamic objects enabled. It is only happening on 3.00 with generate dynamic objects enabled.. but I need to test to see if it still happens if I dont use the DLL and use papyrus instead.

At any rate generating with 3.0 no dynamic object enabled, or generate 2.90 with dynamic object enabled fixes both issues under the same scenario/conditions.

Will report back after further testing

Ok tried again, it seems to only happen if I am using the DLL and 2.82 overwriting scripts; if I remove those and check Generate Dynamic LOD option I didn't encounter the issue with the tent and firepit. 

Ok tried again, it seems to only happen if I am using the DLL and 2.82 overwriting scripts; if I remove those and check Generate Dynamic LOD option I didn't encounter the issue with the tent and firepit. 

DynDOLOD DLL or Papyrus Util do not affect LOD generation.

Test the same DynDOLOD output with both. Start new game with coc whiterun for example. 

DynDOLOD DLL or Papyrus Util do not affect LOD generation.

Test the same DynDOLOD output with both. Start new game with coc whiterun for example. 

I can just install/remove + activate/deactivate the DLL and scripts on the same output then? ... The DLL and scripts don't need to be enabled/installed for Dyndolod generation process?  Strange then, ass my test was conducted like this.

Install DLL and overwriting scripts.  Run Dyndolod 3.0 with Dynamic Object Generations enabled.  Started new game via alternate start and selecting camping in the woods.  A few seconds after appearing at the camp, the 2nd fire pit appeared out of thin area on top of the other.  I saved the game then exited.  Re-ran dyndolod without dynamic object generation, and loaded that saved game and the issue was gone.  Did it again with dynamic object generation checked with no DLL or overwriting scripts and loaded the saved game, no issue.  I'll try testing this scenario via starting a new game under each test and see if I can replicate.

Read the first post what log files to upload/pastebin.

Warnings typically mean there will be visual issues if they are not rectified. If no billboard is found for a tree, that tree won't have LOD.

Read the first post or the included quickstart.html for requirements and installation instructions. Use TexGen to generate all billboards instead of installing 3rd party billboards. The TexGen log lists what is being generated.

Rather obviously, the first thing to look for is if these txt files exist or not. The screenshot from MO2 still indicates that the TexGen Output does not contain any valid game data.

1. I have read the first post before, but I have just read it again and also have read again the local documentation, and as far as I understand, I fulfil all the requirements.

I have triple checked everything:

Requirements:

a. I have both the standalone and the SE resources.

b. Visual is installed.

c. Standalone is installed on F, far away from system folders or mod folders, since MO2 is on G.

d. SE Resources are installed in MO2, on G. 

e. I have Papyrus.

f. I have No grass in objects, and I have also generated the grass with it. 

g. Generating the lod with the DynDOLOD beta instead of alpha gives no errors.

h. I have disabled all other billboards mods as suggested. This wasn't the case in the first runs.

Instalation:

https://prnt.sc/z8w55t - no active billboards as suggested. 

https://prnt.sc/z8w99p - Dyndolod installed on F.

https://prnt.sc/z8wbl8 - MO2 installed on G.

https://modwat.ch/u/Stefan - Modlist

2.  TexGen setup:

https://prnt.sc/z8wkrq

3. TexGen logs after generating billboards:

SSE Debug log 

SSE log

TexGen Output ON

4. Started Dyndolod, getting the vanilla pine forest log missing.

Clicked Exit DynDolod, same issues: 

[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000b927a.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForest01Dead [TREE:000B927A]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef5a0.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL01Dead [TREE:000EF5A0]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef59f.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL02Dead [TREE:000EF59F]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef59c.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL05Dead [TREE:000EF59C]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef59d.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL04Dead [TREE:000EF59D]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef5a1.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnow05Dead [TREE:000EF5A1]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef5a3.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnow03Dead [TREE:000EF5A3]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000b927d.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForest04Dead [TREE:000B927D]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef5a5.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnow01Dead [TREE:000EF5A5]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000ef59e.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL03Dead [TREE:000EF59E]>
[00:06] <Warning: LOD billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\_000b927b.txt Skyrim.esm TreePineForest02Dead [TREE:000B927B]>

Dyndolod Debug log

Dyndolod log

As I have already said above, the beta works fine. If you think that dead tree pine is not important, I will just ignore it and that's it.

Thank you

PS: Ignore the attached image link.

z8brg1

I can just install/remove + activate/deactivate the DLL and scripts on the same output then? ... The DLL and scripts don't need to be enabled/installed for Dyndolod generation process?  Strange then, ass my test was conducted like this.

Install DLL and overwriting scripts.  Run Dyndolod 3.0 with Dynamic Object Generations enabled.  Started new game via alternate start and selecting camping in the woods.  A few seconds after appearing at the camp, the 2nd fire pit appeared out of thin area on top of the other.  I saved the game then exited.  Re-ran dyndolod without dynamic object generation, and loaded that saved game and the issue was gone.  Did it again with dynamic object generation checked with no DLL or overwriting scripts and loaded the saved game, no issue.  I'll try testing this scenario via starting a new game under each test and see if I can replicate.

Read ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_DLL.html "Updating / Switching between DynDOLOD DLL and PapyrusUtil"

I would be interested which part of the installation or generation instructions seem to imply that SKSE plugins or papyrus scripts could in any way influence LOD generation so I can update the wording.

Make sure to test the exact same output with both DynDOLOD DLL and Papyrus Util.

3. TexGen logs after generating billboards:

SSE Debug log 

SSE log

TexGen Output ON

ps://prnt.sc/z8brg1]

Are you not wondering why there are lots of missing textures? Looks like there is a problem with some mods you might to want to look into.

Load the entire load order into xEdit. Check which is the last plugin to overwrite the tree base record with the form ID 000b927A. I would expect it to be Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp? Which version?

When you check Meshes\Landscape\Trees\TreePineForestDead01.nif in MO2 right window data, is it listing Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE as mod it comes from?

Please upload Textures\Terrain\LODGen\TexGen_SSE_Tree_Billboards.txt from the TexGen Output.

Edited by sheson

The rule to "delete" the reference for the Erikur house LOD representation in the Tamriel worldspace in case Legacy of Dragonborn v5 is installed exists since 2.72 when support for v5 of the mod was added. Open Cities uses those references to replace the LOD representations with their full models. The reason this doesn't manifest with DynDOLOD 2.x is because the "deletion" is wrongly added to DynDOLOD.esm and thus gets reverted by Open Cities.esp. A happy little accident.

DynDOLOD 3.x doesn't have this bug, so the Open Cities + Legacy of Dragonborn v5 patch needs a new rule that replaces the old rule. Place the attached rule file into ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Rules\. Then redo the second pass. Make sure to click low, medium or high so the new rule gets loaded.

Interesting, and thanks for the quick reply! Will this rule make it into future alphas?

Are you not wondering why there are lots of missing textures? Looks like there is a problem with some mods you might to want to look into.

Load the entire load order into xEdit. Check which is the last plugin to overwrite the tree base record with the form ID 000b927A. I would expect it to be Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp? Which version?

When you check Meshes\Landscape\Trees\TreePineForestDead01.nif in MO2 right window data, is it listing Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE as mod it comes from?

Please upload Textures\Terrain\LODGen\TexGen_SSE_Tree_Billboards.txt from the TexGen Output.

I wonder for nothing since I am too dumb to be able to fix things myself. So, here it comes.

First, you are right about SFO, you are a living legend https://prnt.sc/z99v11. It seems it removes that tree? Version is 2.5b uploaded in 13 Jan 2021. 

Second,....dead01.nif doesn't exist in that path, only 03 05: https://prnt.sc/z9agqv

TexGen SSE Tree Billboards.txt

Thank you. Meanwhile I am also trying to fix an "Unresolved FormID" from a Heljjsjdaijdias Farm mod that was already posted here in the forum, so I am xediting myself out of it.  Hopefully  ::D:

Edited by Stefan

Read ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_DLL.html "Updating / Switching between DynDOLOD DLL and PapyrusUtil"

I would be interested which part of the installation or generation instructions seem to imply that SKSE plugins or papyrus scripts could in any way influence LOD generation so I can update the wording.

Make sure to test the exact same output with both DynDOLOD DLL and Papyrus Util.

Sorry, I jumped the gun on the test, as I need to wait in game for about 10 seconds before it happens.

The issue happens in 3.0 only with dynamic object generation selected... regardless of whether or not I am using the DLL+ overwrite scripts or not; there is no difference.  The issue doesn't occur if I am using 2.9 with dynamic object generation enabled  and does not occur in 3.0 unless I check dynamic object generation.

The camp itself is added by alternate start.  But embers XD and Better dynamic snow do I believe change what they'd look like by default.  Looks great when I start a new or load the game

20210212124108_1.jpg

After 10 seconds this happens

20210212124119_1.jpg

So no issue with 3.0 so long as I don't use Generate Dynamic Lod, and no issue with 2.9 at all with or without Generate Dynamic Lod

Yes of course. I will even include the file in DynDOLOD 2.x even though I will probably not fix the little happy accident in it anymore.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to solve my issue. I was right to (a) put the file in Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/Rules and (b) only regenerate the dynamic LOD, right?