DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

On 6/21/2022 at 2:45 AM, sheson said:

Hi - upgraded to Dyndolod 3.0 Alpha 95 after using 2.93 successfully for a long time.  I ran xLodgen and Texgen (as well as Dyndolod) using the instructions here and at the main site. 

The results, using Happy Little Trees, Veydosebrom, JK's Skyrim, Majestic Mountains and EEK's Renthal, are fantastic throughout Tamriel. 

But when I go to Riften, I get an immediate CTD whenever I am able to see the Gates (North or South).  When I disable the Dyndolod plugins, though, I can look at those gates without issue. 

I'm pulling my hair out on this.  My main question is should I concentrate on Dyndolod or are there other issues you think I should check first.

Thanks for your anticipated help.

Updated all texture and mesh mods.  Downloaded the most recent version of xLodgen.  Ran that, Texgen and Dyndolod.  xLodgen and Texgen ran without errors.  Dyndolod had many warnings, most it seems associated with Bruma (which I think is expected per the mod page?).  After everything was done and the results in my load order, I went to Riften and the game CTD'd as soon as I looked at the North Gate.  I'm pretty sure it's the North Gate that is the problem because I traveled there again after disabling the Dyndolod plugin in MO2, entered Riften, saved and quit.  I then reloaded that save after re-enabling the plugins, exited Riften from the same gate and was able to look everywhere, including at the two guards.  The game CTD'd when I turned to look at the gate.

I've looked at the logs and the summary and don't see anything I can identify as related to the Riften Gate and, even if I could, I'm not sure what I need to do to fix such a problem.  The logs are uploaded here.  No bugreport was produced.  The debug logs are at the links below.

I have a lot of mods but I'll note that I've managed to get them all to work without, prior to this, any issues, including any CTDs.  I've used prior versions of xLodgen and Dyndolod successfully.  Even with the current issue, Tamriel is a beautiful place with Dyndolod in the load order.  Just can't look at the Riften Gates.

I'm going to run through the checklist for CTDs you provided in your response to my initial post.

Help me, Sheson, you're my only hope.

https://ufile.io/tlnefh0y

https://ufile.io/27ug2ycn

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Edited by Dez756

7 hours ago, Dez756 said:

Updated all texture and mesh mods.  Downloaded the most recent version of xLodgen.  Ran that, Texgen and Dyndolod.  xLodgen and Texgen ran without errors.  Dyndolod had many warnings, most it seems associated with Bruma (which I think is expected per the mod page?).  After everything was done and the results in my load order, I went to Riften and the game CTD'd as soon as I looked at the North Gate.  I'm pretty sure it's the North Gate that is the problem because I traveled there again after disabling the Dyndolod plugin in MO2, entered Riften, saved and quit.  I then reloaded that save after re-enabling the plugins, exited Riften from the same gate and was able to look everywhere, including at the two guards.  The game CTD'd when I turned to look at the gate.

I've looked at the logs and the summary and don't see anything I can identify as related to the Riften Gate and, even if I could, I'm not sure what I need to do to fix such a problem.  The logs are uploaded here.  No bugreport was produced.  The debug logs are at the links below.

I have a lot of mods but I'll note that I've managed to get them all to work without, prior to this, any issues, including any CTDs.  I've used prior versions of xLodgen and Dyndolod successfully.  Even with the current issue, Tamriel is a beautiful place with Dyndolod in the load order.  Just can't look at the Riften Gates.

I'm going to run through the checklist for CTDs you provided in your response to my initial post.

Help me, Sheson, you're my only hope.

https://ufile.io/tlnefh0y

https://ufile.io/27ug2ycn

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.84 MB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_log.txt 173.84 kB · 0 downloads

The logs seem OK. No root node and no texture resolution errors that are known to cause direct CTD.

Upload the crash log from .Net Framework or Crash Logger if using runtime 1.6.

Access violation at address.

Tried searching 0124d1cb in form ID. And CreateWorshipper in Editor ID. Have no idea how to search for these errors or the origin of the problem. Have run through my plugins with Check for Errors and cleaned what I could. 

https://ufile.io/qwnfpnsg

Honestly, if someone could let me know how to search for the origin of the problem, that's all I need, but I appreciate any help.

2 hours ago, 4sakN said:

Access violation at address.

Tried searching 0124d1cb in form ID. And CreateWorshipper in Editor ID. Have no idea how to search for these errors or the origin of the problem. Have run through my plugins with Check for Errors and cleaned what I could. 

https://ufile.io/qwnfpnsg

Honestly, if someone could let me know how to search for the origin of the problem, that's all I need, but I appreciate any help.

The memory address at which the exception happens has nothing  to do with form IDs. CreateWorshipper is a function in the program.
There are still plugins that have deleted references that should be cleaned.

Load the cell 00009924 in xEdit. Let me know if/which plugins are listed between Skyrim.esm and BSHeartland.esm.

As you can see in xEdit, BSHeartland.esm deletes the CELL. I can not think of a good reason why this is done (someone enlighten me if this is done for a reason), so it might be a wild edit.
Removing the overwrite from BSHeartland.esm should let the process run through. Let me know in case there is still a problem.

Next DynDOLOD 3 Alpha version will deal with this more gracefully either way.

1 hour ago, Dez756 said:

I've never had to do that and don't know where they are located.  Can you advise?

Typically they end up in the MO2 overwrite folder.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

The memory address at which the exception happens has nothing  to do with form IDs. CreateWorshipper is a function in the program.
There are still plugins that have deleted references that should be cleaned.

Load the cell 00009924 in xEdit. Let me know if/which plugins are listed between Skyrim.esm and BSHeartland.esm.

As you can see in xEdit, BSHeartland.esm deletes the CELL. I can not think of a good reason why this is done (someone enlighten me if this is done for a reason), so it might be a wild edit.
Removing the overwrite from BSHeartland.esm should let the process run through. Let me know in case there is still a problem.

Next DynDOLOD 3 Alpha version will deal with this more gracefully either way.

Yea, that did it. It was Majestic Mountain landscapes apparently. Thank you for the help!

Edited by 4sakN

Hey again folks. Does anyone have  DynDOLOD ini color/rgb suggestions for Veydosebrom? Particularly in the tundra, with the default settings, grass LOD tends to be greener than the full model. I’m unsure what direction to go in to mitigate this, or if it should be messed with much, as in the past tweaking values too much may fix LOD color in one area but destroy it in another. I tried the search function but didn’t immediately turn up any results.

Thanks for any tips!

53 minutes ago, EazyH said:

Hey again folks. Does anyone have  DynDOLOD ini color/rgb suggestions for Veydosebrom? Particularly in the tundra, with the default settings, grass LOD tends to be greener than the full model. I’m unsure what direction to go in to mitigate this, or if it should be messed with much, as in the past tweaking values too much may fix LOD color in one area but destroy it in another. I tried the search function but didn’t immediately turn up any results.

Thanks for any tips!

The *G means green, so lower its value a bit to reduce the green component of the RGB color channels.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

The *G means green, so lower its value a bit to reduce the green component of the RGB color channels.

Thanks, I’ll try lowering it a tad, though I worry I’ll lean toward more bluish/purple if tweaking too much.  A good place to start though. Any recommendations as far as the ambient/direct settings when generating textures in the first place? Too much of one or the other, as well as ENB can play a large role in color being off. The ENB I am using is fairly “natural” though and hasn’t offset grass LOD color for me in the past, so I’m assuming Vey in particular just requires different settings than I’m used to

Hi I have a issue with latest Dyndo.

https://imgur.com/a/XSyDi2G

After running around for a while lod gets black and eventually the game crashes, or at loading screen it crashes directly.
CrashFixes reports memory allocation error, which is not true because the game usually uses about 5gb vram when ctd out of 8gb of my card.

pd. I'm sorry if I broke some rule, I'm not used to forums.

10 hours ago, sheson said:

Hmm.  I've never had seen anything that was identifiable as .Net Framework logs in my overwrite folder.  Only BS, FNIS, SKSE and SSEEdit output.  Is there a setting that I need to change to have logs sent there?  I know I have .Net Framework installed as I tried to install it early and received a prompt that it was already installed.

1 hour ago, Leomich said:

After running around for a while lod gets black and eventually the game crashes, or at loading screen it crashes directly.
CrashFixes reports memory allocation error, which is not true because the game usually uses about 5gb vram when ctd out of 8gb of my card.

Logs https://ufile.io/f/763xx

Looked to see if this was answered previously.  Where do I install DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 in the left panel of MO?  I have been putting it near the top, but many files are being overwritten.  As of right now, I have 289 files being overwritten.  They include Tamrielic Textures SE 1 - Landscapes, Better DynDOLOD Red Mountain Plume, Assorted Mesh Fixes, Majestic Mountains DynDOLOD 3 Pack, Enhanced Textures Detail, Majestic Mountains - Darkside, and ELFX - Exteriors Fixes.

I'm thinking it would be proper to just load DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 right near the bottom of the left (asset) panel of Mod Organizer, so that its LOD meshes take priority.  I'm guessing that Majestic Mountains DynDOLOD 3 Pack can be loaded right below DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00, but no other mods overwriting the LOD files.

Can someone please tell me if this is correct?  Thanks.

8 hours ago, Leomich said:

If LOD looks fine in the game, then there is no problem with the generated LOD. If textures turn black after a while, it typically happens because the game runs out of video memory.

8 hours ago, Dez756 said:

Hmm.  I've never had seen anything that was identifiable as .Net Framework logs in my overwrite folder.  Only BS, FNIS, SKSE and SSEEdit output.  Is there a setting that I need to change to have logs sent there?  I know I have .Net Framework installed as I tried to install it early and received a prompt that it was already installed.

You can read all about how to use .Net Framework and where it writes the crash log (/Data/NetScriptFramework/Crash/) on its description.
MO2 typically puts new files into its overwrite folder.