DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

On 6/13/2022 at 1:20 AM, Joe9075 said:

I seem to have found the problematic record. Its 5B13CE51, a Placed Object within the WindhelmWorld worldspace and its 0001691F Cell. Deleting it stopped the crashing.
image.thumb.png.7c0e6355979b31ab572ad91be3aa930a.png

You removed all other worldspaces but the WindhelmWorld and all other references from 0001691F Cell Persistent and the game still crashed?
The game does not crash if the reference is removed and the Cell is empty?

There is no such thing as a bad cell. This probably means a dynamic LOD reference insside the Far Grid area (21 x 21 cells by default) around this cell might be using a problematic assets.

On 6/10/2022 at 9:52 AM, TomForStep said:

After running TexGen and DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 94, everything seems to be fine so far except for those missing textures in Windhelm as seen below in the spoiler section. It happens both with Skyrim 2020 Parallax (for Windhelm) or with Northfire's Windhelm Parallax meshes. What could be the issue?

Reveal hidden contents

grafik.thumb.png.d195c2faffc6f2087143d90e6733340d.png

grafik.thumb.png.375ee4dd571d9c22f4909127b748da23.png

On 6/10/2022 at 10:11 AM, sheson said:

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

This looks like parallax textures are missing or wrong snow shader for them. For example https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/52111

Thank you for taking the time to answer and for sharing these great tools with us! Here's some more information:

Console output looks like this for the corresponding object:

Base defined/last changed -> Skyrim.esm
Ref defined/last changed -> Skyrim.esm

• When I enable the three DynDOLOD plugins, the textures are missing as seen in the screenshots.

Console output then looks like this:

Base defined/last changed -> DynDOLOD.esm

Ref defined -> Skyrim.esm

Ref last changed -> DynDOLOD.esm

Is the change of Base/Ref expected behaviour? Why don't the textures show up when DynDOLOD is active?

Here are the logs: https://ufile.io/jfwapyzg

37 minutes ago, TomForStep said:

Thank you for taking the time to answer and for sharing these great tools with us! Here's some more information:

Console output looks like this for the corresponding object:

Base defined/last changed -> Skyrim.esm
Ref defined/last changed -> Skyrim.esm

• When I enable the three DynDOLOD plugins, the textures are missing as seen in the screenshots.

Console output then looks like this:

Base defined/last changed -> DynDOLOD.esm

Ref defined -> Skyrim.esm

Ref last changed -> DynDOLOD.esm

Is the change of Base/Ref expected behaviour? Why don't the textures show up when DynDOLOD is active?

Here are the logs: https://ufile.io/jfwapyzg

Have you generated LOD for the exact load order of the plugins or did the order of plugins or their content change afterwards?
Finalize the load order before generating LOD, including sorting plugins and generating the BDS patches.
If you did that, it might have to be the other way around, finalize the load order, generate LOD and then run the BDS patcher afterwards. Sort its plugin to load after DynDOLOD.esp.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

You removed all other worldspaces but the WindhelmWorld and all other references from 0001691F Cell Persistent and the game still crashed?
The game does not crash if the reference is removed and the Cell is empty?

Yes

On 6/13/2022 at 8:44 AM, sheson said:

Have you generated LOD for the exact load order of the plugins or did the order of plugins or their content change afterwards?
Finalize the load order before generating LOD, including sorting plugins and generating the BDS patches.
If you did that, it might have to be the other way around, finalize the load order, generate LOD and then run the BDS patcher afterwards. Sort its plugin to load after DynDOLOD.esp.

By the gods, " finalize the load order, generate LOD and then run the BDS patcher afterwards" did the trick. Never would have thought of that (didn't even have to move the BDS patcher plugin after DynDOLOD.esp).

Danke schön :-)

23 hours ago, Joe9075 said:

Let me know what happens when the record is removed from the original DynDOLOD.esp.

Also, if you could test if disabling Seasons switching has any affect on the crash. Edit po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.ini and set Season Type = 0 and in case that makes a difference, test every season specific seasonb 1 through 4  to see which one crashes.

1 hour ago, AndreySG said:

Do I need to disable any mods before generating lods? 

Read the first post.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions and https://dyndolod.info/Mods

The only mod that ever needs disabling for the first pass is Open Cities Skyrim. It only should be enabled for the second pass.  https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Open-Cities-Skyrim

Hi Sheson! I’m looking to ESL-flag a medium sized mod that has worldspace edits (Unique Border Gates).  DynDOLOD does not have any overlapping records with Unique Border Gates, although I suspect DynDOLOD generated LOD meshes and textures for Unique Border Gates since it’s an exterior/worldspace mod that adds buildings.  Assuming that Unique Border Gates can be safely ESL-flagged, would I run into any issues if I don’t rerun DynDOLOD?  Thanks so much!

On 6/17/2022 at 3:09 AM, dzee349 said:

Hi Sheson! I’m looking to ESL-flag a medium sized mod that has worldspace edits (Unique Border Gates).  DynDOLOD does not have any overlapping records with Unique Border Gates, although I suspect DynDOLOD generated LOD meshes and textures for Unique Border Gates since it’s an exterior/worldspace mod that adds buildings.  Assuming that Unique Border Gates can be safely ESL-flagged, would I run into any issues if I don’t rerun DynDOLOD?  Thanks so much!

If the plugin is not a master in any of the generated plugins and the plugin filename is not mentioned in any of the DynDOLOD output ..SKSE\Plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_[worldspace name]_Objects.txt files then you do not have to generated LOD scratch.

Help. DynDOLOD SE 3 reports the most up to date DynDOLOD Resources SE version (linked in this guide https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2789657603) as outdated, thus refuses to start. I did everything exactly as the guide told me to and everything went smoothly until that point.. Honestly no clue what I should do now lol. Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by BigPoppa