DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

26 minutes ago, sheson said:

This is the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. I do not provide generic modding help or support for third party tools.

Adding new blocks is as simple as right click in Block list, Block, Insert, Bethesda, BSFadeNode.

I tried the NiExtraData option, then the Bethesda option came up, but no BSFadeNode as you can see here: nqQkZOI.png

All of the things I'm saying are relevant to the ways to fix errors relating to DynDOLOD. I'm going off the instructions and doing all this using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha-94. And this is in NifSkope, but what I'm saying is i don't have an option for what the instructions are asking of me.

Also, please see my second issue from my previous comment. I would very much like to know which thing to delete in xEdit. Thank you.

42 minutes ago, mattski123 said:

I tried the NiExtraData option, then the Bethesda option came up, but no BSFadeNode as you can see here: nqQkZOI.png

All of the things I'm saying are relevant to the ways to fix errors relating to DynDOLOD. I'm going off the instructions and doing all this using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha-94. And this is in NifSkope, but what I'm saying is i don't have an option for what the instructions are asking of me.

Also, please see my second issue from my previous comment. I would very much like to know which thing to delete in xEdit. Thank you.

DynDOLOD simply reports that a NIF does not have a BSFadeNode root node. 
Instructions how to insert a BSFadeNode block in NifSkope were already given. How to use NifSkope has nothing to do with DynDOLOD.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Potentially-Wild-Edit-Reference
Look up the form id in xEdit and remove the reference, clean the plugin afterwards.

On 6/7/2022 at 9:51 AM, sheson said:

Check the Windows Event log (typically in Application) for error messages at the time the program stops.

Been having the same issue as freakingfairy today, after finishing the STEP Guide Setup. Dyndolod just closed without any errors messages or generating any logs.  Figured i'd try my luck here with the event logs :D In german, but i guess the important bits are clear. I'm using Dyndolod 3.0 from Nexus as per the STEP Guide.

Edit: the last crash is MO2 after trying to open Dyndolod again. Same thing happened with TexGen aswell, but it worked the 2nd time around. The crashes happen within the first few minutes, probably before it even started generating

AppError.jpg

Edited by RaccoonOranges

I generated TexGen and Dyndolod with Alpha 94 last night, and whenever I load a cell with the outputs enabled in MO2, the game crashes.
According to the NetScriptFramework crash log:

Probable callstack
{
  [0]   0x7FF6B128C62F     (SkyrimSE.exe+47C62F)          PathingCell::Func10_47C5E0+4F
  [1]   0x7FF6B1ED49FD     (SkyrimSE.exe+10C49FD)         unk_10C48E0+11D
  [2]   0x7FF6B1EB80AF     (SkyrimSE.exe+10A80AF)         Pathing::unk_10A7F90+11F
  [3]   0x7FF6B1EF0D7F     (SkyrimSE.exe+10E0D7F)         PathingTaskData::Func2_10E0C80+FF
  [4]   0x7FF6B1A4B765     (SkyrimSE.exe+C3B765)          BSWin32TaskletManager::unk_C3B690+D5
  [5]   0x7FF6B1A4B8C6     (SkyrimSE.exe+C3B8C6)          unk_C3B8B0+16
  [6]   0x7FFE9D367034     (KERNEL32.DLL+17034)           
  [7]   0x7FFE9D4A2651     (ntdll.dll+52651)              
}

Crash_2022_6_8_1-8-10.txt

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Double-posting since it seems like something messed up my upload of the logs
DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Edited by Joe9075

12 hours ago, RaccoonOranges said:

Been having the same issue as freakingfairy today, after finishing the STEP Guide Setup. Dyndolod just closed without any errors messages or generating any logs.  Figured i'd try my luck here with the event logs :D In german, but i guess the important bits are clear. I'm using Dyndolod 3.0 from Nexus as per the STEP Guide.

Edit: the last crash is MO2 after trying to open Dyndolod again. Same thing happened with TexGen aswell, but it worked the 2nd time around. The crashes happen within the first few minutes, probably before it even started generating

AppError.jpg

No logs whatsoever? No bugreport.txt? Deutsch passt schon. Du kannst den Text von den event log Eintraegen auch einfach rauskopieren.

Update Mod Organizer to the latest version.

Also make sure that UAC or anti vir are not interfering in any way.

11 hours ago, Joe9075 said:

I generated TexGen and Dyndolod with Alpha 94 last night, and whenever I load a cell with the outputs enabled in MO2, the game crashes.
According to the NetScriptFramework crash log:

Probable callstack
{
  [0]   0x7FF6B128C62F     (SkyrimSE.exe+47C62F)          PathingCell::Func10_47C5E0+4F
  [1]   0x7FF6B1ED49FD     (SkyrimSE.exe+10C49FD)         unk_10C48E0+11D
  [2]   0x7FF6B1EB80AF     (SkyrimSE.exe+10A80AF)         Pathing::unk_10A7F90+11F
  [3]   0x7FF6B1EF0D7F     (SkyrimSE.exe+10E0D7F)         PathingTaskData::Func2_10E0C80+FF
  [4]   0x7FF6B1A4B765     (SkyrimSE.exe+C3B765)          BSWin32TaskletManager::unk_C3B690+D5
  [5]   0x7FF6B1A4B8C6     (SkyrimSE.exe+C3B8C6)          unk_C3B8B0+16
  [6]   0x7FFE9D367034     (KERNEL32.DLL+17034)           
  [7]   0x7FFE9D4A2651     (ntdll.dll+52651)              
}

Crash_2022_6_8_1-8-10.txtUnavailable

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txtUnavailable

Double-posting since it seems like something messed up my upload of the logs
DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

The load order listed in the crash log seems to be a bit different from the load order at generation time. Generate LOD from scratch for the current load order.

DynDOLOD should be the last plugin before Occlusion.esp. Occlusion.esp should be the last plugin.

If the crash still happens then, upload new log and debug log and crash log.

22 hours ago, sheson said:

DynDOLOD simply reports that a NIF does not have a BSFadeNode root node. 
Instructions how to insert a BSFadeNode block in NifSkope were already given. How to use NifSkope has nothing to do with DynDOLOD.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Potentially-Wild-Edit-Reference
Look up the form id in xEdit and remove the reference, clean the plugin afterwards.

Hey, so I have an update from the mod author of the nifs, you know him as Corsafire1. He said this when I brought up turning those "empty nifs" from BSXFlags into BSFadeNodes:

The converting NiNode to BSFadeNode technique seems safe. I checked at the documentation and they are interchangeable. I also made some tests with fragile meshes like mountains and plants. The difference in the file binary (as seen with an hex editor) is also as minimal as it could possibly be: name (string) change and number change, unlike other conversions that add new fields.

The meshes with the BSXFlags root nodes were all made by me. I made high compatibility variants for those, you have not used the right version in your video. Sheson made a fix in 2020 (probably dynDOLOD update 2.85) to handle meshes with BSXFlags root. He said in a comment under the dust remover mod that he will add a check to not process them. The high compatibility versions use the flag hidden instead of removing data.

I tried turning BSXFlags-removed meshes back into their original state, but it seems NifSkope doesn't give you enough tools to do that properly, so it will cause a CTD at least in the case of small rocks. BSXFlags removers are not meant to be used with DynDOLOD and they should not be converted because it requires more data. This would defeat the purpose of making the remover small in size which is the only incentive of using BSXFlags removers.

What i would do is install the high compatibility variants of those mods if you want to remove the error. Some of my mods don't have an high compatibility variant. I would install those after running DynDOLOD. Let me know if you have other questions.

Spoiler

Error: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxmistlow01longadjust.nif Skyrim.esm FXMistLow01LongAdjust [MSTT:00016440]
Error: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxmistlowsmokey01long.nif Skyrim.esm FXMistLowSmokey01Long [MSTT:000B9466]
Error: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxmistlowsmokey01long.nif Skyrim.esm FXMistLowSmokey01Long [MSTT:000B9466]
Error: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxsmokesmokelg2x1.nif Skyrim.esm FXSmokeSmokeLg2x1 [MSTT:000B949C]
Error: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxsmokesmokelg2x1.nif Skyrim.esm FXSmokeSmokeLg2x1 [MSTT:000B949C]
Error: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\plants\deadshrub01.nif Skyrim.esm TreeDeadShrub [TREE:000A731C]
Error: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\plants\deadshrub01snow.nif Skyrim.esm TreeDeadShrubSnow [TREE:000A731D]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxmistlow01longadjust.nif Skyrim.esm FXMistLow01LongAdjust [MSTT:00016440]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxmistlowsmokey01long.nif Skyrim.esm FXMistLowSmokey01Long [MSTT:000B9466]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\effects\ambient\fxsmokesmokelg2x1.nif Skyrim.esm FXSmokeSmokeLg2x1 [MSTT:000B949C]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\grass\rockgrass01.nif Grass FPS Booster.esp RockGrass01 [GRAS:00048749]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\grass\rockgrasssnowobj01.nif Grass FPS Booster.esp RockGrassSnow01 [GRAS:000F871E]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\grass\rockgrasswater01.nif Grass FPS Booster.esp RockGrassWater01 [GRAS:000F871D]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\plants\deadshrub01.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeDeadShrub [TREE:000A731C]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\plants\deadshrub01snow.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeDeadShrubSnow [TREE:000A731D]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\plants\thicket01.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeThicket01 [TREE:000A7329]
Warning: Root block is BSXFlags in Meshes\landscape\plants\thicket01snow.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeThicket01Snow [TREE:000ABD65]

Will this alpha be updated to skip/handle the BSXFlags root? Especially for "empty" nifs. Here's the example mod at hand: Remove Small Rocks

But my nif errors would have been received from: Remove Dust Fog Smoke Mist Glow

Edited by mattski123
Adding hyperlinks.

4 hours ago, mattski123 said:

Hey, so I have an update from the mod author of the nifs, you know him as Corsafire1. He said this when I brought up turning those "empty nifs" from BSXFlags into BSFadeNodes:

Reveal hidden contents

Will this alpha be updated to skip/handle the BSXFlags root? Especially for "empty" nifs. Here's the example mod at hand: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8733

But my nif errors would have been received from: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38196

The message about the root node is what DynDOLOD 2/3 print to the log when they skip a problematic NIF because it would otherwise cause CTD because of the wrong root node.

Since it seems to be a challenge to make a valid NIF with a BSFadeNode root node I attached an Empty.nif that I made with NifSkope. It should work with Skyrim LE/VR/SE/AE.

Empty.nif

Ignore wrong 3rd party advice to temporarily disable plugins, mods, meshes or textures.

Hi all!

I'm running new lodgen, texgen and dyndolod. During the Texgen, 40-50 seconds into the program, I consistently get the same "access violation" error, concerning the same file. I'll post a screenshot of the error as this seems easier.

I hope someone can help guide me!

~Sincerely

Halde

texgen.png

56 minutes ago, Halde said:

Hi all!

I'm running new lodgen, texgen and dyndolod. During the Texgen, 40-50 seconds into the program, I consistently get the same "access violation" error, concerning the same file. I'll post a screenshot of the error as this seems easier.

I hope someone can help guide me!

~Sincerely

Halde

texgen.png

Click on the error next time. It links to the resolution. Also see the pinned post on this very forum for the solution.

I have an issue with Lod Models overlapping with the actual models. All models within the vicinity on first load are fine but when I move away alll lod and billboards for grass, trees, rocks and structures fail to disappear. I ran in order NGIO SSELODGEN, ACMOS, TexGen and lastly DynDOLOD using settings from the STEP 2.0.0 guide. I have reran each of these programs 3 times and received the same result. I am also running version 1.5.97 of SSE. I would greatly appreciate any help with the issue.729efb6fa99fe8f41642e5c179122bb5.thumb.jpg.98b33855521f524b0b8c023e593eaf87.jpg

Bugreport: https://paste.ee/p/63vwM

e8808a28dfcffc7e5063f87374e7b042.jpg

Edited by WarPiggy

16 hours ago, sheson said:

The load order listed in the crash log seems to be a bit different from the load order at generation time. Generate LOD from scratch for the current load order.

DynDOLOD should be the last plugin before Occlusion.esp. Occlusion.esp should be the last plugin.

If the crash still happens then, upload new log and debug log and crash log.

I did so, and it's still crashing and giving the same error. Both the log and the debug log are hitting the file size limit, I also tried pastebin but that has an even smaller file size limit
Crash_2022_6_9_18-10-5.txt

6 hours ago, Joe9075 said:

I did so, and it's still crashing and giving the same error. Both the log and the debug log are hitting the file size limit, I also tried pastebin but that has an even smaller file size limit
Crash_2022_6_9_18-10-5.txt

Zip and upload large log files to a file service as explained on the first post.

DynDOLOD is the second last plugin before Occlusion.esp?
What is what you are doing in the game and where, which location?

Occlusion or DynDOLOD typically do not change any navmesh/pathing records.
Run an xEdit error check before generating LOD and fix errors as much as possible, especially if they are about navmeshes.

To narrow down the problem, start by hiding all meshes and textures from the output folder.
If problem still happens, disable Occlusion.esp
If problem still happens, disable DynDOLOD.esp
If problem still happens, disable DynDOLOD.esm
If problem still happens, the problem is not caused by the DynDOLOD output.

Let me know the outcome for further troubleshooting steps.

1 hour ago, VetortasChills said:

i installed The Autumn of Whiterun and tried to generate the LOD with Dyndolod 3.0 but its not working, am i missing some kind of option?

Read he first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread where to make posts. I moved your post.

Upload the log and debug log when making posts as explained in the first post.

What is "its not working"  supposed to mean? What is it that is not working?

Use forum search to find similar posts https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=autumn whiterun&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=223