DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

I'm happy to say, that it totally fixed it. May I ask how you did this and what was the clue for you on how to fix it?

Also the UndersideTerrain works as with Alpha 23, no more flickering in far distance and no weird plane, too. Nice, thanks for this Update.

You did nothing concerning the grass with this update, didn't you? I thought the color difference was less noticable but I can be wrong, too.

I added more debug information between versions. The patching process somehow forgot that all patches/overwrites for an ESP can only go to the DynDOLOD.esp, which caused adding required masters sometimes being added to DynDOLOD.esm instead of DynDOLOD.esp. Then it copies a record that requires that master while the master is not already present in the destination plugin ends in that error message. I suppose this only makes sense if you have extensive knowledge of xEdit and scripting.

No changes to grass or billboards in any way.

Edited by sheson

I added more debug information between versions. The patching process somehow forgot that all patches/overwrites for an ESP can only go to the DynDOLOD.esp, which caused adding required masters sometimes being added to DynDOLOD.esm instead of DynDOLOD.esp. Then it copies a record that requires that master while the master is not already present in the destination plugin ends in that error message. I suppose this only makes sense if you have extensive knowledge of xEdit and scripting.

No changes to grass or billboards in any way.

I thought so, concerning the grass, see I didn't even notice it so much as at the first time I saw it, it just works.

I think I understand it, in short: the master plugin was in the wrong place (wrong dyndolod plugin) and so a record couldn't be copied/overwrite another to where it should go.

Anyway, you solved it and now it works.

I have another question, not a problem:

Do to the patches for the whiterun exterior, when I am looking outside the city (from the whiterun child world) there are the few buildings which are coming from these patches. Would it be possible to generate the grass, too? I'm asking, because if you looking more far way the rest of the LODs are loaded and also the grass is present...looks a bit weird in short distance that there is "nothing", here are some example screenshots to better show what I mean:

wuesvuzw.png

ym5n3n2u.png

nhgja44y.png

Nothing that needs a high priority or is absolutely necessary. I just wanted to ask. It hasn't to be all LODs, the grass would be enough to hide the rest.

Edited by PRieST

Alpha 25 failed in DynDOLOD for Tools of Kagrenac. Logs are at 
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15TUvbd1E-kGyQFhpxoU5Kg4cG290xWzz?usp=sharing

[26:12] [TOKMountainPassWorld] Processing 1132 references
[26:13] [TOKMountainPassWorld] Generating object LOD
[26:13] [TOKMountainPassWorld] Executing "J:\OmegaLoTD\DynDOLOD.v3\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" --inputfile "J:\OmegaLoTD\DynDOLOD.v3\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_TOKMountainPassWorld.txt" --logfile "J:\OmegaLoTD\DynDOLOD.v3\Logs\LODGen_SSE_TOKMountainPassWorld_log.txt"
[26:13] [TOKMountainPassWorld] Creating texture atlas J:\OmegaLoTD\DynDOLOD.v3\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_TOKMountainPassWorld.dds 8192 x 8192
[26:37] [TOKMountainPassWorld] Generating tree LOD
[26:37] [TOKMountainPassWorld] Generating dynamic LOD
[26:37] [TOKMountainPassWorld] Generating terrain underside
[26:37] [TOKMountainPassWorld] Executing "J:\OmegaLoTD\DynDOLOD.v3\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" --inputfile "J:\OmegaLoTD\DynDOLOD.v3\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_TerrainUndersideTOKMountainPassWorld.txt" --logfile "J:\OmegaLoTD\DynDOLOD.v3\Logs\LODGen_SSE_TOKMountainPassWorldTerrainUnderside_log.txt" --LODLevel 32
Load order FileID [96] can not be mapped to file FileID for file "DynDOLOD.esm"
Computer says "Load order FileID [96] can not be mapped to file FileID for file "DynDOLOD.esm""
User says "OK"

I thought so, concerning the grass, see I didn't even notice it so much as at the first time I saw it, it just works.

I think I understand it, in short: the master plugin was in the wrong place (wrong dyndolod plugin) and so a record couldn't be copied/overwrite another to where it should go.

Anyway, you solved it and now it works.

I have another question, not a problem:

Do to the patches for the whiterun exterior, when I am looking outside the city (from the whiterun child world) there are the few buildings which are coming from these patches. Would it be possible to generate the grass, too? I'm asking, because if you looking more far way the rest of the LODs are loaded and also the grass is present...looks a bit weird in short distance that there is "nothing", here are some example screenshots to better show what I mean:

Nothing that needs a high priority or is absolutely necessary. I just wanted to ask. It hasn't to be all LODs, the grass would be enough to hide the rest.

To enable grass in the Worldspace, edit 0001A26F  and unset the No Grass flag on the DATA - Flags

Alpha 25 failed in DynDOLOD for Tools of Kagrenac. Logs are at 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15TUvbd1E-kGyQFhpxoU5Kg4cG290xWzz?usp=sharing

Upload bugreport.txt too please.

Edited by sheson

Do you guys get a few crashes when generating the grass precache with the No Grass in Objects mod?  I get a black screen right before what I assume to be finished, as on the next game restart it runs normally and the PrecacheGrass.txt file is gone.  I get slightly over 500MB in the Grass folder having vanilla grass with normal density.  I disabled all mods except the ones required plus the Unofficial Patch just to make sure the crashes are not caused by any mods.

Thanks

To enable grass in the Worldspace, edit 0001A26F  and unset the No Grass flag on the DATA - Flags

Could you explain where to edit such a thing?  I would also like to solve this problem.

Do you guys get a few crashes when generating the grass precache with the No Grass in Objects mod?  I get a black screen right before what I assume to be finished, as on the next game restart it runs normally and the PrecacheGrass.txt file is gone.  I get slightly over 500MB in the Grass folder having vanilla grass with normal density.  I disabled all mods except the ones required plus the Unofficial Patch just to make sure the crashes are not caused by any mods.

Thanks

No worries, this is also what mine does when it's finished.  If I open Task Manager and kill Skyrim.exe, I then get the message saying grass cache is finished.  If this doesn't exactly give you feelings of confidence about the process, then try running the grass precache process with Skyrim set to windowed mode.  I did this once, and discovered that the "black screen, hang" behavior I was seeing was actually Skyrim attempting to pop up a message about the grass cache being finished (but being unable to do so because it was fullscreened).

Could you explain where to edit such a thing?  I would also like to solve this problem.

I just uploaded DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.0 Alpha-7 which includes a new Whiterun Exterior Grass patch.

After installing the DynDOLOD output, the grass is active and No Grass in Object should typically just create the few missing cgid files. You can then move them from the MO2 Overwrite folder into your usual grass cache mod.

Since the Whiterun worldspace itself has no LOD, the grass cache cgid files for the Whiterun worldspace are not required for Grass LOD generation with DynDOLOD.

Edited by sheson

Since the Whiterun worldspace itself has no LOD

Ah, this just made me realize that in the above screenshots of Whiterun exterior not just the grass is missing, but objects and trees as well, correct?

Does this happen with the exterior of other cities as well?

No worries, this is also what mine does when it's finished.

Thank you :) 

Edited by ikonomov

Ah, this just made me realize that in the above screenshots of Whiterun exterior not just the grass is missing, but objects and trees as well, correct?

Child worldspaces replace the same cells of the parent worldspace with their own version. Bethesda did not place (m)any objects outside the walls into these cells for performance/memory reasons. Beyond the active cells, they use the LOD of the parent worldspace. Hence the parts just outside the wall look barren and worse than LOD. 

Child worldspaces replace the same cells of the parent worldspace with their own version. Bethesda did not place (m)any objects outside the walls into these cells for performance/memory reasons. Beyond the active cells, they use the LOD of the parent worldspace. Hence the parts just outside the wall look barren and worse than LOD. 

Ahh...  It's probably not so obvious in vanilla game, but with v3.0 the LODs just look so good it makes that line painfully obvious.  Open Cities would be the only solution then?