DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

2 hours ago, Admiral30 said:

It seems you are right. Changing uLargeRefLODGridSize does not fix the issue, but significantly reduces it. Source of the problem was Water for ENB - disabling it fixes the issue entirely.

Were you using the most recent beta version? Because that version is in fact addressing the issues with the large reference bugs.

Water for ENB Beta

Date uploaded 06 Feb 2022, 9:18AM

* Shades of Skyrim is now comprised of both an ESM and an ESP to handle the large references correctly.
* Creeks Add-On is integrated to the Shades of Skyrim.

NOTE: Previous patches for Shades of Skyrim might not be compatible anymore.

Water for ENB

Edited by PRieST

29 minutes ago, aufisch said:

Is it by design, that DynDOLOD.esm (Alpha 65) replaces FarmLumbermill01WaterWheel01 from certain Mills (Mixwater, Heartwood, and Half-Moon and I think another one) with the Worship Activator?

Yes. Since 2014.

https://dyndolod.info/DynDOLOD-Reference#11-Generate-dynamic-LOD (By using a copy, DynDOLOD can freely enable or disable objects based on distance to the player and enable parents at the same time.) and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules#Dynamic-LOD-Options, e.g. mesh rule for "waterwheel" sets "Replace"

• Like 1

OK, thanks I am just trying to find out why my waterwheels are suddenly invisible (never happened before), and I only found DynDOLOD.esm overwriting them. But apparently there is something else wrong. I just can't figure it out as I have Renthals Waterwheel installed as loose files (both mesh and textures).

16 hours ago, sheson said:

Do not post screenshots of text. Copy paste the text instead.

Read the explanations for this message https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Meshes

I'll check but you know me..I can use 2.98 but i cant use 3 alphax. Still doesnt work for me. Just closing itself and there is no bugreport or something. I tried everything but nothing change 

50 minutes ago, VulKun said:

I'll check but you know me..I can use 2.98 but i cant use 3 alphax. Still doesnt work for me. Just closing itself and there is no bugreport or something. I tried everything but nothing change 

The xEdit/xLODGen/DynDOLOD message window is a text window in which text can be marked with the mouse and copied with the usual key command CTRL+C.

If xEdit/xLODGen/DynDOLOD closes, it writes its message log to the log file.

If the OS terminates the program prematurely it can not do that. In that case check the Windows message log for hints.

12 minutes ago, sheson said:

The xEdit/xLODGen/DynDOLOD message window is a text window in which text can be marked with the mouse and copied with the usual key command CTRL+C.

If xEdit/xLODGen/DynDOLOD closes, it writes its message log to the log file.

If the OS terminates the program prematurely it can not do that. In that case check the Windows message log for hints.

I checked windows message log and there error
 D:\DynDOLOD 3.0\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe
D:\mod organizer 2\usvfs_x64.dll

11 minutes ago, VulKun said:

I checked windows message log and there error
 D:\DynDOLOD 3.0\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe
D:\mod organizer 2\usvfs_x64.dll

If that is all the information you are willing to surrender, I suggest you start investigating what is interfering with MO2 virtual file system or TexConv reading/writing.

A cause could be because LOD is being generated into MO2 folders or game folders. Another cause would be the usual UAC, antivir problems.

Hello! Got a problem with Alpha 66.

When i use TexGen i get the message: 

[00:04] [TwbRender.LoadTexture] <Debug: Textures\landscape\trees\TreePineForestBarkComp_N.dds 2048 x 8192, depth: 1, mipmap: 1>
[00:04] Invalid resolution. Create mipmaps. while processing textures\landscape\trees\TreePineForestBarkComp_N.dds
[00:04] 00000000 ???   

And i have to exit the tool. Worked fine with Alpha 64 so far. (Thats one of Pfuschers 2020 textures)

Another small offtopic question:

I read the manual for Open City and did not find any explenation about Occlusion. Do i have to generate that with Open City and Patches active or before like Object and Tree LOD

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

10 minutes ago, Vashnera said:

Hello! Got a problem with Alpha 66.

When i use TexGen i get the message: 

And i have to exit the tool. Worked fine with Alpha 64 so far. (Thats one of Pfuschers 2020 textures)

Another small offtopic question:

I read the manual for Open City and did not find any explenation about Occlusion. Do i have to generate that with Open City and Patches active or before like Object and Tree LOD

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 1.71 MB · 0 downloads

Is this error repeatable?

Let me know from which tree mod the texture textures\landscape\trees\TreePineForestBarkComp_N.dds is.

Occlusion generation should be generated in teh second step together with dynamic LOD.

It happens everytime i try to run TexGen and even if i delete the texture it exits a bit later with the same error for another texture. The textures are provided by Pfuschers 2020 Skyrim Pack. My tree mod is Happy Little Trees and as far as i can see doesnt even use that texture for its trees. 

I also forgot to mention im using the most recent dyndolod ressources 20, so thats not the issue. 

Also... What a fast reply man, thanks for the occlusion info. 

Edit: Im using the 2k Version of Pfuschers Textures but also tried the bigger 4k and 8k textures just in case they are corrupted. 

Edited by Vashnera

9 minutes ago, Vashnera said:

It happens everytime i try to run TexGen and even if i delete the texture it exits a bit later with the same error for another texture. The textures are provided by Pfuschers 2020 Skyrim Pack. My tree mod is Happy Little Trees and as far as i can see doesnt even use that texture for its trees. 

I also forgot to mention im using the most recent dyndolod ressources 20, so thats not the issue. 

Also... What a fast reply man, thanks for the occlusion info. 

Edit: Im using the 2k Version of Pfuschers Textures but also tried the bigger 4k and 8k textures just in case they are corrupted. 

This problem should happen in earlier versions as well. Can you upload a debug log from an earlier version?