DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

I got error when running TexGen, it said 

Can not find file textures\arnimatextures\farmhouse\cyrodiilfarmstucco02.dds

Here is the last Debug log for Texgen, the rest of the Debug log seems fine.

https://paste.ee/p/YNeDC

P/s: I installed the DyndoLOD Resource SE 3 as in the first post mentioned, running TexGenx64.exe

Edited by Tung
Update information

41 minutes ago, Tung said:

I got error when running TexGen, it said 

Here is the last Debug log for Texgen, the rest of the Debug log seems fine.

https://paste.ee/p/YNeDC

P/s: I installed the DyndoLOD Resource SE 3 as in the first post mentioned, running TexGenx64.exe

cyrodiilfarmstucco02.dds is part of Beyond Reach and the texture is required because arnima.esm is in the load order.

13 minutes ago, sheson said:

cyrodiilfarmstucco02.dds is part of Beyond Reach and the texture is required because arnima.esm is in the load order.

Thank you, I just went to the folder and see that the file is missing, and also I'm using old version, not the latest Beyond Reach. I'll try updating to the latest Beyond Reach to see.

One more question please. If I update, and the error is still there, what can I do? Should I disable the arnima.esm and run TexGen again?

13 minutes ago, Tung said:

Thank you, I just went to the folder and see that the file is missing, and also I'm using old version, not the latest Beyond Reach. I'll try updating to the latest Beyond Reach to see.

One more question please. If I update, and the error is still there, what can I do? Should I disable the arnima.esm and run TexGen again?

If you want to continue an existing save game, make sure the update is possible.

In any case, if the texture exists at the path it will be found. So i an update is not possible, you can copy any other texture to that path/filename. It won't be really used for LOD since the older version do have the new farmhouses that require that texture.

12 minutes ago, sheson said:

If you want to continue an existing save game, make sure the update is possible.

In any case, if the texture exists at the path it will be found.

Yeah, looks like I'll need a new save, that's fine for me. I also check the preview content, and I saw the files in there. Time to upgrade some big mods and start new game for me anyway.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

You are doing grass LOD, so the BTO are considerable larger than normal and by default it tries to read 4 at the same time. It works for me with vanilla grass LOD. DynDOLOD peaks at 8 or 9 GB in task manager for me then.

Edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and set OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=3, 2 or 1 and keep an eye on peak working set in task manager if you can.

OK, I'll test that tonight and report back.

18 minutes ago, reeee said:

damn what now. i had to completely abandon generated dyndolod file and re-run again? no easy way to update?

You are participating  in an alpha test...

From ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\OcclusionCulling.html:
In case of updating an existing DynDOLOD installation with a dedicated Occlusion.esp, also keep Occlusion.esp activated and make sure it loads last right after DynDOLOD.esp. The Occlsusion data and Plugin checkboxes will be enabled automatically.

This also means you should be able to start the entire load order with the DynDOLOD output/plugins with DynDOLOD, only select Occlusion data and unselect Object LOD, Tree LOD, Dynamic LOD etc. to only generate Occlusion. It should just create it.

In case generating Occlusion.esp only with DynDOLOD does not work out yet:

It also possible to update or generate a new Occlusion.esp with xLODGen at any time.

14 minutes ago, sheson said:

You are participating  in an alpha test...

From ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\OcclusionCulling.html:
In case of updating an existing DynDOLOD installation with a dedicated Occlusion.esp, also keep Occlusion.esp activated and make sure it loads last right after DynDOLOD.esp. The Occlsusion data and Plugin checkboxes will be enabled automatically.
It also possible to update or generate a new Occlusion.esp with xLODGen at any time.

i have a Occlusion.esp left from old mod build, i just activate dyn outcome and Occlusion.esp and re-run dyn and keep all setting like im just build dyn? 

12 minutes ago, reeee said:

i have a Occlusion.esp left from old mod build, i just activate dyn outcome and Occlusion.esp and re-run dyn and keep all setting like im just build dyn? 

I updated my post. Just start with the existing DynDOLOD ouput/plugin and without any Occlusion. That is supposed to work as well.

If not, use xLODgen.

1 hour ago, narphous said:

OK, I'll test that tonight and report back.

I used OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=1 and no errors showed in the debug. I'll play with it more later and try 2/3, but as long as 1 works I'm not going to worry about it. Or maybe I'll just upgrade to 64 gig.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

This also means you should be able to start the entire load order with the DynDOLOD output/plugins with DynDOLOD, only select Occlusion data and unselect Object LOD, Tree LOD, Dynamic LOD etc. to only generate Occlusion. It should just create it.

like when i changed my tree mod, for update i just need keep current texgen output active and disable dyn, run tex only check tree option to update, and enable dyn and only select tree option, it will do and save time?

and do i need update occlusion if i change tree or grass or water mod?

Edited by reeee