DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Terminology.html and/or the section Terminology in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html to find some explanations what things mean.

The screen shots you posted list the ref(erence) form ID of the reference records defined in a DynDOLOD plugin.

Enter the reference form id into the FormID field top left of xEdit to look up the record and to find out its EditorID which tells you the source plugin name and source form ID the LOD representation is for. Typically we would expect them to reference in the Solitude child worldspace.

Alright, so here are 3 exemples of the problematic lods:

1st exemple:

- In the SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp there is: [REFR:0009252B] (places DockStrEnt02uskp [STAT:FE04581E] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of EastEmpireWarehouseExterior [CELL:0000929C] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,24)).

- The Name Base is: DockStrEnt02uskp [STAT:FE04581E]

- The location reference is: SolitudeLocation "Solitude" [LCTN:00018A5A]

2nd exemple:

- In the SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp there is: [REFR:0009252D] (places DockStrEnt03uskp [STAT:FE045800] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of EastEmpireTradingCompanyDocks [CELL:000092BD] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,23))

- The name Base is: DockStrEnt03uskp [STAT:FE045800]

- The location reference is: SolitudeDocksLocation "Solitude" [LCTN:000358B9]

3rd exemple:

- In the SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp there is: [REFR:000AEDF1] (places DockStrSol01uskp [STAT:FE04581D] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of EastEmpireTradingCompanyDocks [CELL:000092BD] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,23))

- The name Base is: DockStrSol01uskp [STAT:FE04581D]

Hope it will help.

3 hours ago, TheDude said:

Yeah, Ive read the manual and thread and know how to generate occlusion with Xlodgen but was wondering if the Dyndo Alpha could replace that since it has specific occlusion-settings in the DynDOLOD-sse.ini

But I’ll just continue using Xlodgen for occlusion then, thanks.

First line of the post says:

xLODGen beta (47 or newer) and DynDOLOD (2.70 or newer) can be used to update or generate TVDT Occlusion culling data on cell records, which is famously wrong for some cells in Tamriel causing rectangular holes in the distant LOD.

The occlusion specific settings in the DynDOLOD INI exist since DynDOLOD 2.70 which was released almost 2 years ago.

1 hour ago, delweyn said:

Alright, so here are 3 exemples of the problematic lods:

1st exemple:

- In the SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp there is: [REFR:0009252B] (places DockStrEnt02uskp [STAT:FE04581E] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of EastEmpireWarehouseExterior [CELL:0000929C] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,24)).

- The Name Base is: DockStrEnt02uskp [STAT:FE04581E]

- The location reference is: SolitudeLocation "Solitude" [LCTN:00018A5A]

2nd exemple:

- In the SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp there is: [REFR:0009252D] (places DockStrEnt03uskp [STAT:FE045800] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of EastEmpireTradingCompanyDocks [CELL:000092BD] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,23))

- The name Base is: DockStrEnt03uskp [STAT:FE045800]

3rd exemple:

- In the SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp there is: [REFR:000AEDF1] (places DockStrSol01uskp [STAT:FE04581D] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of EastEmpireTradingCompanyDocks [CELL:000092BD] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,23))

- The name Base is: DockStrSol01uskp [STAT:FE04581D]

Hope it will help.

Look up the form IDs of the references which are defined in the DynDOLOD plugins to find out their EditorIDs to see which plugin and formID are the source for the LOD objects. The full models added by some plugin right next to the LOD models are usually irrelevant.

9 hours ago, delweyn said:

Hello,

I always rerun Dyndolod at each update and with the last one, I noticed a lod problem at close range for a meshe (or texture?) in Solitude's dock.

It seems to be a classic lod at close range bug. This is the vanilla base dock as I don't use city overhaul here. There is just meshes and textures mods.

I ran Dyndolod 3 times, using the new zip function and classic generation too, and this problem is still here. And I don't remember to had it before.

I build an image to show all the useful informations: location, the meshe, the lod.

enb2021-8-13-09-55-22.jpg

Here another picture to show that many parts of the dock is concerned.

enb2021-8-13-09-56-09.jpg

Thank you for all your work and help.

Edit:

If it can help, here is my lod mod order:

DynDOLOD Resources SE (3.0 version)

- HD Lods Textures SE V9.0 512 - Performance friendly

DynDOLOD Bright LOD Waterfall Fix

- Majestic Mountains - DynDoLod 3 Pack

I am also getting this on the new update, i used the new zip and close that alpha 36 added.

Here is my logs https://ufile.io/d6qkwoi8

8 minutes ago, sheson said:

Look up the form IDs of the references which are defined in the DynDOLOD plugins to find out their EditorIDs to see which plugin and formID are the source for the LOD objects.

i was not getting this until the new update came out and the only mod i have changing the mesh on the dock is the Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM and maybe JK's Skyrim if that helps at all but i will go looking for the stuff for you too, thank you so much for this must have mod and making it even better.

59 minutes ago, sheson said:
4 hours ago, TheDude said:

Yeah, Ive read the manual and thread and know how to generate occlusion with Xlodgen but was wondering if the Dyndo Alpha could replace that since it has specific occlusion-settings in the DynDOLOD-sse.ini

But I’ll just continue using Xlodgen for occlusion then, thanks.

First line of the post says:

xLODGen beta (47 or newer) and DynDOLOD (2.70 or newer) can be used to update or generate TVDT Occlusion culling data on cell records, which is famously wrong for some cells in Tamriel causing rectangular holes in the distant LOD.

The occlusion specific settings in the DynDOLOD INI exist since DynDOLOD 2.70 which was released almost 2 years ago.

Ok, but I was wondering if there were any advantages in generating occlusion in the new Dyndolod Alpha instead of Xlodgen? But I guess not. 

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Look up the form IDs of the references which are defined in the DynDOLOD plugins to find out their EditorIDs to see which plugin and formID are the source for the LOD objects.

Okay this is what i did just to see if it was happening from the zip and close i re-ran both programs and loaded a new game, still the same with just zipping it myself using 7 zip but it seems the mesh is a lod mesh not being unloaded right so there is 2 meshes on top of each other.

base defined in: DynDOLOD.esm

base last changed by: DynDOLOD.esm

Ref defined in: DynDOLOD.esp

Ref last changed by: DynDOLOD.esp

Base form id: 1A0094F3

Ref form id D6063741

it is the model: dockstrent02_lod_0.nif  [3]

then if i disable that i get this mesh under that

base defined in: SMIM-SE-Merged-ALL.esp

base last changed by: SMIM-SE-Merged-ALL.esp

Ref defined in: Skyrim.esm

Ref last changed by: SMIM-SE-Merged-ALL.esp

Base form id: 2300063C9

Ref form id 0009252B

and that is the model: dockstrent02uskp.nif  [3]

Note: SMIM-SE-Merged-ALL.esp was not added to DynDOLOD esm or the esp so i do not know if i can get more info then that.

I got that info from in game using More Informative Console and seeing it was 2 meshes z-fighting.

47 minutes ago, Rozen said:

Okay this is what i did just to see if it was happening from the zip and close i re-ran both programs and loaded a new game, still the same with just zipping it myself using 7 zip but it seems the mesh is a lod mesh not being unloaded right so there is 2 meshes on top of each other.

Base form id: 1A0094F3

Ref form id D6063741

it is the model: dockstrent02_lod_0.nif  [3]

then if i disable that i get this mesh under that

Base form id: 2300063C9

Ref form id 0009252B

and that is the model: dockstrent02uskp.nif  [3]

Note: SMIM-SE-Merged-ALL.esp was not added to DynDOLOD esm or the esp so i do not know if i can get more info then that.

I got that info from in game using More Informative Console and seeing it was 2 meshes z-fighting.

Just to add: There is others too.

Base form id: 1A009519

Ref form id D606385B

it is the model: dockstrent03_lod_0.nif  [3]

under that mesh is

Base form id: 230012C5

Ref form id 0009252D

it is the model: dockstrent03uskp.nif  [3]

Then these

Base form id: 230063C8

Ref form id 000AEDF1

Model: dockstrso101uskp.nif [3]

and the DynDOLOD under that is

Base form id: 1A0094F4

Ref form id D6063743

next is this one

Base form id: 1A00945

Ref form id D60637B7

dockcorso101_lod_0.nif [3]

and under that

Base form id: 230063C7

Ref form id 00092532

Model: dockstrso101uskp.nif [3]

there is a few more but i'll stop there if you don't need these, they are all dock meshes and all are z-fighting with the lod mesh from DynDOLOD and the mesh that is there from SMIM-SE-Merged-ALL.esp

Edit: went into SSEedit 4.0.3 and only loaded the DynDOLOD esm and esp

Form ID on the esp and esm is saying NULL - Null Reference [00000000]

Edited by Rozen

8 hours ago, Rozen said:

Ref form id D6063741

What is the EditorID of the reference with the FormID  D6063741 defined in the DynDOLOD plugin?
Everything else is irrelevant.

8 hours ago, Rozen said:

Ref form id D606385B

Ref form id D6063743

Edit: went into SSEedit 4.0.3 and only loaded the DynDOLOD esm and esp

Form ID on the esp and esm is saying NULL - Null Reference [00000000]

What is the EditorID of the references with the FormID  D606385B and D6063743 defined in the DynDOLOD plugin?

What record (reference?) is defining a Null reference (for the NAME Base record or which element?)?

24 minutes ago, sheson said:

What is the EditorID of the reference with the FormID  D6063741 defined in the DynDOLOD plugin?
Everything else is irrelevant.

What is the EditorID of the references with the FormID  D606385B and D6063743 defined in the DynDOLOD plugin?

What record (reference?) is defining a Null reference (Base record?)?

109644215_Screenshot2021-08-14012608.thumb.jpg.d55cfee535e4c4e0adebff9bff647014.jpgThis and the esm dose

and as of D606385B and D6063743 SSEedit can't find them, it's like it is only in the game.

when putting the form ID's from the DynDOLOD ID's it can't find anything but it finds the form ID's from Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM fine.

I have discord if you want me to screen share and you can have me go over the files in SSEedit with you and show you in game.

16 minutes ago, Rozen said:

109644215_Screenshot2021-08-14012608.thumb.jpg.d55cfee535e4c4e0adebff9bff647014.jpgThis and the esm dose

and as of D606385B and D6063743 SSEedit can't find them, it's like it is only in the game.

when putting the form ID's from the DynDOLOD ID's it can't find anything but it finds the form ID's from Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM fine.

I have discord if you want me to screen share and you can have me go over the files in SSEedit with you and show you in game.

The screenshots shows a normal file header record. The FormID of the file header record is always zero/NULL.

The first two digits of a FormID are the load order ID of the plugin. The screenshot shows DynDOLOD.esp being currently loaded a load order ID 24 in xEdit.

Change the first two digits of the FormIDs from D6 to 24 in order to look up the FormIDs defined in the DynDOLOD.esp plugin at its current load order ID.

14 minutes ago, sheson said:

The screenshots shows a normal file header record.

The first two digits of a FormID are the load order of the plugin. The screenshot shows DynDOLOD.esp being loaded a load order ID BB.

Change the first two digits of the FormIDs from D6 to BB in order to look up the FormIDs defined in the DynDOLOD.esp plugin.

Still nothing, it still gives me the can't find it sound.

Edit: even tried C5 sense the esm is loading with C5 and get the same.

Edited by Rozen

15 minutes ago, Rozen said:

Still nothing, it still gives me the can't find it sound.

If More Informative Console shows a reference FormID to be defined in a plugin, the record exists in that plugin.

Note that I messed up the load order ID and it is actually 24 instead of BB. It is the number reported in front of the plugin name [24] DynDOLOD.esp

24063743: dyndolodesm_00945B_solitudeexterior_tamrielpatch_000041_DynDOLOD_PATCH_DynDOLOD_CHILD [REFR:24063743] (places DockStrSol01_DynDOLOD_LOD [STAT:0E0094F4] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of EastEmpireTradingCompanyDocks [CELL:000092BD] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,23))

2406385B: dyndolodesm_00944D_solitudeexterior_tamrielpatch_000033_DynDOLOD_PATCH_DynDOLOD_CHILD [REFR:2406385B] (places DockStrEnt03_DynDOLOD_LOD [STAT:0E009519] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of EastEmpireTradingCompanyDocks [CELL:000092BD] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,23))

That is what it gives me, let me know if you need more info from SSEedit and i will get it for you and thank you so much for the help finding that.

Edit: also the numbers then the : is the ID's then the Form ID of them.

Edited by Rozen

15 minutes ago, sheson said:

If More Informative Console shows a reference FormID to be defined in a plugin, the record exists in that plugin.

Note that I messed up the load order ID and it is actually 24 instead of BB. It is the number reported in front of the plugin name [24] DynDOLOD.esp

I hope it is a easy fix for you, can't even imagine how much coding you have to do with a mod like DynDOLOD @_@