DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 171

sheson

51 minutes ago, sheson said:

Post/uploaded entire logs when making posts.

If I have to guess, do not forget to enable SSE-Terrain-Tamriel-Extend.esm again.

So, I reran everything without windows defender to just rule it out, and it appears that was the culprit, as now it generated absolutely fine! thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, Abbot said:

Hello,

May I ask if changing the *terrain* noise texture changes how the grass lods are rendered? AFTER having generated them AND having generated the terrain lods with xLODGen, that is?

Noise.dds is a normal map overlay is applied to the terrain LOD textures in the game.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD. It explains how grass LOD is in object LOD similar to ultra tree LOD with billboards. You will notice that those explanations do not mention noise.dds. That is because is irrelevant. It is also irrelevant to terrain LOD generation.

Terrain LOD and object LOD are completly different meshes/textures as explained at https://dyndolod.info/How-LOD-Works.

1 hour ago, OG_Grinskin said:

So, I reran everything without windows defender to just rule it out, and it appears that was the culprit, as now it generated absolutely fine! thanks for your help!

To verify that is the case do another run with it enabled again and check if any of the still warm *.BTR is throwing errors when they are opened in NifSkope.

It might as well be that files from the former generation became corrupt long after generation because of something else.

Sheson...  I thank you for all of your work.  What an amazing mod.  I'm at this point though am going back to 2.98 for now.  I reinstalled it and had no issues with the whole process.  I am looking forward to 3.0 working for me in the future though.  I'm in no way an expert in this but want to start my real first play through.  Been modding and "studying" how things work and using a mod organizer for years now.  Working through ctd's etc.  I believe my game is pretty stable from the trials and errors.  I guess I will see now how stable.  Im using SE 1.5 version as I don't care for CC content at this time.  Don't even have the 4 free ones as they don't interest me.  I did read in another part of your site about the dyndolod dll.  I use papyrus and was wondering if that could be why it doesn't work for me.  Maybe I'm not suppose to use both.  In gamerpoets video on youtube, he says to download that dll.  But maybe I'm just not putting all these mods in the correct loading order.  I use Vortex and when people say it goes lower or higher in the load order, I feel that's more towards MO2 versus Vortex terminology.  I believe I have them in correct order though as I did some research, but not 100% sure.  I know your mod is in alpha staging, but probably the issues I'm having is probably more on me versus your mod.  I followed his video precisely and downloaded/installed everything he said.  Again, it's probably something I am doing wrong.   At least that's what I believe.  Anyways, keep up the amazing work.  It is appreciated.

2 hours ago, Kansas72 said:

Sheson...  I thank you for all of your work.  What an amazing mod.  I'm at this point though am going back to 2.98 for now.  I reinstalled it and had no issues with the whole process.  I am looking forward to 3.0 working for me in the future though.  I'm in no way an expert in this but want to start my real first play through.  Been modding and "studying" how things work and using a mod organizer for years now.  Working through ctd's etc.  I believe my game is pretty stable from the trials and errors.  I guess I will see now how stable.  Im using SE 1.5 version as I don't care for CC content at this time.  Don't even have the 4 free ones as they don't interest me.  I did read in another part of your site about the dyndolod dll.  I use papyrus and was wondering if that could be why it doesn't work for me.  Maybe I'm not suppose to use both.  In gamerpoets video on youtube, he says to download that dll.  But maybe I'm just not putting all these mods in the correct loading order.  I use Vortex and when people say it goes lower or higher in the load order, I feel that's more towards MO2 versus Vortex terminology.  I believe I have them in correct order though as I did some research, but not 100% sure.  I know your mod is in alpha staging, but probably the issues I'm having is probably more on me versus your mod.  I followed his video precisely and downloaded/installed everything he said.  Again, it's probably something I am doing wrong.   At least that's what I believe.  Anyways, keep up the amazing work.  It is appreciated.

Without the requested debug logs nobody has the chance to know what is causing the OpenGL errors and you will most likely never be able to run the tools without error since the cause is unknown and thus unfixed.  The alpha is out since quite some time. For all that time it uses OpenGL and so far we solved all issues with it, including identifying the latest AMD beta driver that implements OpenGL anew appearing to still having a couple bugs.

The OpenGL errors  of the tools have nothing to do with which DLL plugin is installed in the game. OpenGL is used to render textures from meshes/textures.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-DLL
DynDOLOD DLL is a SKSE plugin and its accompanying papyrus scripts that can be used instead of PapyrusUtil. It does not matter if PapyrusUtil is installed as well.

Both can be installed at the same time. Whatever scripts are the last to overwrite determines which will be used. 

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Load-Overwrite-Orders
The load order of mods and plugins determines which assets and plugins win conflicts.
Unambiguous terms are loading before or after, lower or higher priority, something overwrites something else. Something loading after replaces something loading before it. Something having a higher priority means it loads after something with lower priority. Something overwriting something else is the most clear expression to convey what is winning a conflict.
Ambiguous terms like top or bottom are always confusing and became meaningless with mod managers that allow sorting of lists by ascending or descending by different options.

I was curious. 

For Majestic Mountains it includes an LOD add on for Dyndolod 3.  If I am using a Texture replacer for Majestic Mountains, should I still be installing the LOD add on pack, or will that result in mismatched lod textures?  Would I get matching LOD textures based off my replacers if I left the MM Lod pack installed?

Thx

1 hour ago, Soulmancer said:

I was curious. 

For Majestic Mountains it includes an LOD add on for Dyndolod 3.  If I am using a Texture replacer for Majestic Mountains, should I still be installing the LOD add on pack, or will that result in mismatched lod textures?  Would I get matching LOD textures based off my replacers if I left the MM Lod pack installed?

Thx

TexGen will generate new LOD textures based off the modded ones you have installed.

I am getting "random" errors (crashes) pointing to two merge mods that I have created.  I say "random" because they are inconsistent.  Referenced objects change, the source of the error changes, and many times the errors don't occur at all.  I am posting this because I recently changed one of the merges and have to rebuild.  Since then, the crashes are more frequent.  The errors seem to be erroneous if you will forgive the pun as there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the reference data in question when scanned for errors in xEdit (some errors do exist in these files but not the ones being referenced and not in the objects mentioned).   I think the errors are related to large reference objects if I remember correctly.  I will post such an error if I can catch it this time around.

EDIT:
As mentioned, the errors are inconsistent.  This time (my fourth time through) running Dyndolod no crash occurred.  I am curious if there is a reason for this.

Edited by primem0ver

1 hour ago, primem0ver said:

I am getting "random" errors (crashes) pointing to two merge mods that I have created.  I say "random" because they are inconsistent.  Referenced objects change, the source of the error changes, and many times the errors don't occur at all.  I am posting this because I recently changed one of the merges and have to rebuild.  Since then, the crashes are more frequent.  The errors seem to be erroneous if you will forgive the pun as there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the reference data in question when scanned for errors in xEdit (some errors do exist in these files but not the ones being referenced and not in the objects mentioned).   I think the errors are related to large reference objects if I remember correctly.  I will post such an error if I can catch it this time around.

EDIT:
As mentioned, the errors are inconsistent.  This time (my fourth time through) running Dyndolod no crash occurred.  I am curious if there is a reason for this.

Read the first post which log, debug and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload.

If there is an error prompt, clock on "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message"  as explained on the first post.

9 hours ago, Soulmancer said:

I was curious. 

Thx

You could use LOD0 meshes in all LOD stages, as they use full model textures. Otherwise LOD8/16 will be mismatched as they use custom created LOD textures not generated by TexGen. Also keep in mind that the MM DynDOLOD 3 pack redirects the normal map for LOD0 meshes to a custom texture so that will likely not fit to your retexture either.

10 hours ago, Soulmancer said:

I was curious. 

Thx

https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Majestic-Mountains
Download and install the DynDOLOD V3.0 LOD Pack from the mods file section overwriting all of DynDOLOD Resources SE.

Looking into the archive shows it contains lots of LOD meshes. They are required to be installed. That is why the instructions says to download and install the mod pack when Majestic Mountains is used. Not installing the LOD pack does not change anything about what a texture replacer does or doesn't do, since a texture replacer obviously needs to overwrite the main mod and its LOD pack either way.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#1-Generate-The-Required-LOD-Assets-with-TexGen

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen
TexGen is a tool which updates a select list of object LOD textures and tree/grass LOD billboards which are then used by DynDOLOD to create the final texture atlasses used by object LOD and tree LOD in the game.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen#Rendered-Object-LOD-Textures
Note that the list of rendered object LOD textures is not covering all vanilla rendered object LOD textures. It can update the rendered object LOD textures for the walled cities and most structures. However, far away mountains, icebergs and glaciers are not yet covered. If a mod makes changes to these relevant full textures, it should also include updated pre-rendered object LOD textures.

1 hour ago, Phlunder said:

You could use LOD0 meshes in all LOD stages, as they use full model textures. Otherwise LOD8/16 will be mismatched as they use custom created LOD textures not generated by TexGen. Also keep in mind that the MM DynDOLOD 3 pack redirects the normal map for LOD0 meshes to a custom texture so that will likely not fit to your retexture either.

The LOD0 mountain meshes are "HD LODS", which means whatever textures they define is typically not changed when a BTO is generated. What characters a filename contains does not change that (e.g. it does not matter that it contains "LOD"). Since the main mod contains mountainslabhqlod_n.dds, one would assume so should any well made texture replacer if it actually touches anything about the normal maps.

However, TexGen probably should update mountainslabhqlod_n.dds anyways. It seems like a bug or config is missing. I will check that for the next version.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log, debug and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload.

If there is an error prompt, clock on "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message"  as explained on the first post.

I had to redo the entire build because not everything was made correctly due to a crash caused by music files I didn't mean to include in my load order.  So it appears there might be a "pattern" after all.  The same errors repeat once per build session but it seems to not repeat any of these errors in the session.  (By session I mean a single set of built attempts until I get the output).  So here is the first crash.  I will add more to this post for each crash.  The logs and an image of the crash are in each report.

Crash1.zip

Edited by primem0ver

I had to redo the entire build because not everything was made correctly due to a crash caused by music files I didn't mean to include in my load order.  So it appears there might be a "pattern" after all.  The same errors repeat once per build session but it seems to not repeat any of these errors in the session.  (By session I mean a single set of built attempts until I get the output).  So here is the first crash.  I will add more to this post for each crash.  The logs and an image of the crash are in each report.

Crash1.zip 213.39 kB · 0 downloads

The zip doesn't contain the DynDOLOD log or the debug log but thankfully the bugreport.txt. See if using the test version from this post https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/16796-dyndolod-3-alpha-95/?do=findComment&comment=261075 fixes it.

Note for future reference: use the "Copy message to clipboard" and paste the text instead of making a screenshot as explained on the first post.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

The zip doesn't contain the DynDOLOD log or the debug log but thankfully the bugreport.txt. See if using the test version from this post https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/16796-dyndolod-3-alpha-95/?do=findComment&comment=261075 fixes it.

Note for future reference: use the "Copy message to clipboard" and paste the text instead of making a screenshot as explained on the first post.

Sorry about not including the "Copy Message to Clipboard".  I didn't here either until Crash4.  I have been including the logs that have been written to when the errors occured (based on timestamp).  So the reason the others were left out was because they weren't updated... probably because I didn't exit Dyndolod when making the copies (write buffer wasn't cleared/file updated).   I have included the requested files this time in Crash3 and Crash4.  The fourth file is too big to upload here so you can get it here.  I will try your linked version on my next attempt.

EDIT:
The issue might have something to do with having Bashed Patch,0.esp being enabled... or not.  Not sure.  It was disabled for times that it worked (at least the most recent ones).

Crash2.zip Crash3.7z

Edited by primem0ver

Sorry about not including the "Copy Message to Clipboard".  I didn't here either until Crash4.  I have been including the logs that have been written to when the errors occured (based on timestamp).  So the reason the others were left out was because they weren't updated... probably because I didn't exit Dyndolod when making the copies (write buffer wasn't cleared/file updated).   I have included the requested files this time in Crash3 and Crash4.  The fourth file is too big to upload here so you can get it here.  I will try your linked version on my next attempt.

EDIT:
The issue might have something to do with having Bashed Patch,0.esp being enabled... or not.  Not sure.  It was disabled for times that it worked (at least the most recent ones).

Crash2.zip 232.76 kB · 0 downloads Crash3.7z 3.39 MB · 0 downloads

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites explains to clean and error check with xEdit prior prior to generating. It also explain to pay attention to log messages when generating.

See https://dyndolod.info/Messages for explanations.  Pay attention to the Summary that opens at the end https://dyndolod.info/Help/Summary-Of-Messages and click through all categories and read their explanations.

Clean all mods that have deleted references, in particular in CoreLocationsStandard.esp, which might be relevant to the error message but should be fixed either way. https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference

The Unresolved FormID errors in CoreLocationsStandard.esp might be relevant to the error message  but should be fixed either way. https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Unresolved-Form-ID
The mod also seems to be missing a lot of assets.

CoreHybridMerge.esp seems also missing a lot of assets. Seems like a problem with missing/merging the BSAs of the mods that are being merged.

Hey, im currently facing a problem at the end of my modlist creation. Running Dyndolod i get these warnings for Outdated Billboards. I read through this https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Outdated-Billboards, however im running Dyndolod directly after my Texgen creation without changing anything and its still the same. 

Edit: should probably mention i use QW's Grass Patch 2 and the RootBlock warnings i posted just incase however i read they can be ignored for grass mods

These are my Texgen settings:  

Spoiler

133b03229908c4640ddb9025bf361300.png

And here an example that i do have these textures installed:

Spoiler

05c83b45431eaae1b56b2a409949853f.png

DynDOLOD_Summary_OutdatedBillboards.html DynDOLOD_Summary_RootBlock.html

Edited by vengas2346