DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 170

sheson

35 minutes ago, Dez756 said:

Sorry for the stupid question.  I just saw from that page that this patch should not be used for V1.5 of DOS.  Removing and then planning to rerun DynDOLOD to see if that cures the problem.  Wasn't planning on rerunning Xlodgen and TexGen since there are no textures in that mod but let me know if you recommend otherwise.  Thanks for your patient help.  You taught me a ton!

4 hours ago, Dez756 said:

Sorry for the stupid question.  I just saw from that page that this patch should not be used for V1.5 of DOS.  Removing and then planning to rerun DynDOLOD to see if that cures the problem.  Wasn't planning on rerunning Xlodgen and TexGen since there are no textures in that mod but let me know if you recommend otherwise.  Thanks for your patient help.  You taught me a ton!

No need to run xLODGen / terrain LOD. If no texture files change, it is fine to keep the current TexGen output, too.

It would great of you could upload the bluesskyrim.esp for me to check to analyze this further.

Let me know the outcome.

4 hours ago, Dez756 said:

Nevermind.  Saw your Kofi site.  Thanks again!

Thanks.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt to upload.

If none of those files were created check the Windows Event log.

Make sure to use a recent MO2 version and that OS, antivir does not interfere,

https://ufile.io/oj0kl6lp

https://ufile.io/09grpo8j

I couldn't find a bug report. 

not sure how to find the window event report you mentioned.

but i've uploaded the other two files mentioned in the first post.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt to upload.

If none of those files were created check the Windows Event log.

Make sure to use a recent MO2 version and that OS, antivir does not interfere,

whoops the other link is for texgen, here is the dyndolod debug log

https://ufile.io/10ngjp6h

8 hours ago, sheson said:

It would great of you could upload the bluesskyrim.esp for me to check to analyze this further.

Here's Blues Skyrim.esp.

I reran DynDOLOD.  Traveled to the same place and crashed.  Did the same xEdit troubleshooting and identified the same references to IcebergSmall02.  See attached screenshots.  Removed those references and no crash.  The IcebergSmall02 are now coming from Dawn of Skyrim.esp.  Dawn of Skyrim (Director's Cut) SE at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com).

I'm double checking my installation, although I'm pretty sure this one is correct.  If I can't find any installation issues, I'm going to just play with those references removed, unless you think that will cause a problem

Screenshot 2022-07-01 084957.jpg

Screenshot 2022-07-01 084853.jpg

Blues Skyrim.esp

8 hours ago, jimmywon34 said:

https://ufile.io/oj0kl6lp

https://ufile.io/09grpo8j

I couldn't find a bug report. 

not sure how to find the window event report you mentioned.

but i've uploaded the other two files mentioned in the first post.

whoops the other link is for texgen, here is the dyndolod debug log

https://ufile.io/10ngjp6h

Last line in the log:

Error: Found Plocktons Culling Glitch Fix.esp. DynDOLOD replaces it. Remove it permanently from the from load order. Click the help link to open further instructions:

There is supposed to be a message window with a help link to https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data

On 6/26/2022 at 7:47 AM, sheson said:

LOD models are NIF. A typical way to create LOD models is to use Blender or 3DSMax (maybe with additional 3rd party plugins) to create LOD models.

Read the links I provided. In particular https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules#Mesh-Mask
The mesh mask is any part of the path/to/model.nif of a full model defined on a base record. It does not use wildcards and simply matches any part of the entire path.
Entering the term tree into the field means this rule will match any filename that has the term tree in it but also any other NIF that might be in a folder that has the term tree in it as well, regardless of the filename.

Note that Meshes is not part of the path/to/model.nif defined on the base record.

I'm nearly there, just wondering tho.

Is there a way to make a commen reference rule for esp? for a normal specific rule it would be something like snowelftower.esp;0012356 and the rules.
But is there a rule that I could make which incompases all formid used in Worlspaces for that esp? Something like "snowelftower.esp;00xxxxxx" or "snowelftower.esp;".

Just so I dont have to make a rule for each and every form id that this seemlingy massive mod has (I've created an ini file to make the process a bit faster)

Edited by StarofSweden

37 minutes ago, StarofSweden said:

I'm nearly there, just wondering tho.

Is there a way to make a commen reference rule for esp? for a normal specific rule it would be something like snowelftower.esp;0012356 and the rules.
But is there a rule that I could make which incompases all formid used in Worlspaces for that esp? Something like "snowelftower.esp;00xxxxxx" or "snowelftower.esp;".

Just so I dont have to make a rule for each and every form id that this seemlingy massive mod has (I've created an ini file to make the process a bit faster)

That is not possible. Typically only a fraction of references of a plugin actually can have or even require LOD.

The idea is to use mesh mask rules for the base records that are suitable for LOD so that all references using those base records have LOD.
Reference rules are then used for the handful references that might need different settings instead,

1 hour ago, sheson said:

That is not possible. Typically only a fraction of references of a plugin actually can have or even require LOD.

The idea is to use mesh mask rules for the base records that are suitable for LOD so that all references using those base records have LOD.
Reference rules are then used for the handful references that might need different settings instead,

Yeah, You know how there is a snowelfpalace and snowelfhut ini for mesh rules and what not. Can I make a request for a Snowelftower ini or is it the developer of the Snowelfpalace/hut that has made those? 
I'm sorry, it should be easy, I've done this before with the big nsfw statues + elizabeths tower but this mod kinda feels weird. 
Im going to try to make an ini file with all meshes that is added and are used in worldspace with ful model + WD and all that instead of esp;references because there are way less of them.  

2 hours ago, StarofSweden said:

Yeah, You know how there is a snowelfpalace and snowelfhut ini for mesh rules and what not. Can I make a request for a Snowelftower ini or is it the developer of the Snowelfpalace/hut that has made those? 
I'm sorry, it should be easy, I've done this before with the big nsfw statues + elizabeths tower but this mod kinda feels weird. 
Im going to try to make an ini file with all meshes that is added and are used in worldspace with ful model + WD and all that instead of esp;references because there are way less of them.  

The rule files included in the DynDOLOD Standalone are all created by me.

Test the one attached. Put it into the data/DynDOLOD/DynDOLOD_SSE_snowelftoweresp.ini (e.g. in MO2 open the filetree  of the mod, right click add new folder called DynDOLOD, copy/move the INI into it)

DynDOLOD_SSE_snowelftoweresp.ini

On 7/1/2022 at 7:42 AM, sheson said:

Last line in the log:

Error: Found Plocktons Culling Glitch Fix.esp. DynDOLOD replaces it. Remove it permanently from the from load order. Click the help link to open further instructions:

There is supposed to be a message window with a help link to https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data

I did take out Plocktons culling glitch fix though and it still doesn't finish when i run it, crashes/exits out with no warning. when it did give me the warning about Plockton's mod i made sure to disable it and run it again(with no success).

Edited by jimmywon34

40 minutes ago, jimmywon34 said:

I did take out Plocktons culling glitch fix though and it still doesn't finish when i run it, crashes/exits out with no warning. when it did give me the warning about Plockton's mod i made sure to disable it and run it again(with no success).

Delete all files in the log folder, so we are not confused by old log messages. Then run again. If no log or debug and no bugreport.txt in the same folder as the *.exe is created, it might mean the process is killed prematurely by the OS or antivir maybe.

In that case, check the Windows Event log for related log messages. Use google to find explanations about Windows OS tools and features. For example https://www.m-files.com/user-guide/2018/eng/faq_checking_windows_event_logs.html

2 hours ago, sheson said:

The rule files included in the DynDOLOD Standalone are all created by me.

Test the one attached. Put it into the data/DynDOLOD/DynDOLOD_SSE_snowelftoweresp.ini (e.g. in MO2 open the filetree  of the mod, right click add new folder called DynDOLOD, copy/move the INI into it)

DynDOLOD_SSE_snowelftoweresp.ini 1.29 kB · 2 downloads

WHAT.
Bruh, dawg you the man!
I can't believe this it looks amazing. 
Shenson more like Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh on.

Holy crap, it actually worked! Is okej if I link this thread on the nexus forum(posts)?
Wow, I dont even wanna know how long that took. You got my upmost respect.