Sorry if this is beating a dead horse. Mountainslablod for MM vs TexGen

EazyH

Question

Hey folks. I’ve always wondered why the TexGen texture was so drastically different from the one T4 included for his DynDOLOD 3.0 Meshes. I’ve tried googling the correct load order (I always gone by DynDOLOD and TexGen being dead last, however I found this thread 

and I want to be sure that is the correct and intended route, versus this being a one off exception.

TexGen  should still load after Majestic Mountains 3.0 LOD file, correct?

4 answers to this question

Thank you, that is the direction I will go in (And the direction I’ve always gone in quite frankly, until happening upon that discussion when going through my OCD checklist for the umpteenth time). It is odd the texture generated is seemingly ignored for  a slight color variation of the  default resources texture, but I imagine there’s a reason it works that way? Perhaps the full texture is applied in lieu somehow.

That discussion from May 2021 is older than the first version  of "DynDOLOD V 3.0 Lod pack (all versions)" I made for Majestic Mountains in July 2021 for DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 34 and newer.

TexGen generates object LOD textures from the currently installed full textures. Hence it always generate the correct textures (if it doesn't it means something is wrong or out of date)

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen / https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions
"Install the contents of the output path or the *.zip archive as a mod. It should overwrite everything. "