Stockades mesh mask Dyndolod

1990srider

Question

So currently I'm trying to get the stockade mesh in the mesh/clutter/stockade/.nif to show up as full mesh in my lod generations. Because I'm creating new full models using Dyndolod. I've gotten everything else and every other type of model to do what I need it to. Ive tried .....esp/esm;formid I've tried the file path shortened and full all the way to be of the nif file being included. 

4 is full 8 is full 16 is full. I've had this issue also with highherothgar floor models not showing ether... I spelled that wrong in here but yeah. I've tried looking for another rule or mesh mask the could be interfering and I can't find anything. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?? I'm not trying to generate a lower poly lod I'm using this for other purposes.

8 answers to this question

14 hours ago, 1990srider said:

So update with some of the information I figured out a back door method to get what I want to work. Now I have another hurdle 

There is no need for a "back door method" - whatever it is supposed to be. Simply adding a correct mesh rule works. For example:

stockade.png

stockade.jpg

4 hours ago, 1990srider said:

So currently I'm trying to get the stockade mesh in the mesh/clutter/stockade/.nif to show up as full mesh in my lod generations. Because I'm creating new full models using Dyndolod. I've gotten everything else and every other type of model to do what I need it to. Ive tried .....esp/esm;formid I've tried the file path shortened and full all the way to be of the nif file being included. 

4 is full 8 is full 16 is full. I've had this issue also with highherothgar floor models not showing ether... I spelled that wrong in here but yeah. I've tried looking for another rule or mesh mask the could be interfering and I can't find anything. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?? I'm not trying to generate a lower poly lod I'm using this for other purposes.

DynDOLOD Resources already contains stockade LOD models.

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules.

You did not provide the actual entire settings that you tried.

Would you know the mesh mask or rule I would need to know that dyndolod comes with that already effects those resources. I'm currently not trying to use those Resources. So I'm trying to use the actual full model for the stockade models.  

When I mean ive referred to mesh mask reference rules, Ive checked a few times and this dosnt seem to fix my current issue. I Think the issue that exists Im trying to create a rule that already exists and the two are counteracting one another. But Ive tried searching in the list of rules that are there in dyndolod I cant seem to find it. These are the ones I have tried 

Some I have tried

meshes\Clutter\Stockade\StockadeScaffoldTop1Sided01.nif

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\Clutter\Stockade\StockadeScaffoldTop1Sided01.nif

meshes\Clutter\Stockade

meshes\Clutter\Stockade\Stockade\

Stockade

skyrim.esm; "the models formid"

LOD4 Full

Lod8 Full

Lod16 Full

1 hour ago, 1990srider said:

Would you know the mesh mask or rule I would need to know that dyndolod comes with that already effects those resources. I'm currently not trying to use those Resources. So I'm trying to use the actual full model for the stockade models.  

When I mean ive referred to mesh mask reference rules, Ive checked a few times and this dosnt seem to fix my current issue. I Think the issue that exists Im trying to create a rule that already exists and the two are counteracting one another. But Ive tried searching in the list of rules that are there in dyndolod I cant seem to find it. These are the ones I have tried 

Some I have tried

meshes\Clutter\Stockade\StockadeScaffoldTop1Sided01.nif

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\Clutter\Stockade\StockadeScaffoldTop1Sided01.nif

meshes\Clutter\Stockade

meshes\Clutter\Stockade\Stockade\

Stockade

skyrim.esm; "the models formid"

LOD4 Full

Lod8 Full

Lod16 Full

Do not install the game into special Windows folders like Program FIles x86 to avoid issues with UAC, anticvir etc.

You did not provide any information about the flags, Grid, and Reference settings. From https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules:

The order of rules matters. Rules at the top match before rules at bottom. Reference Form ID rules always take precedence over Mesh Mask rules which target base records.

The mesh mask is any part of the path/to/model.nif of a full model defined on a base record.
Check the path on any base record, you will notice it is relative (e.g. does not start with a drive letter) and also does not start with meshes\

In the case a specific reference - a distinct object in the world - needs its own rule, it can be targeted by using the plugin filename and its form ID.
While mesh masks target the model path/filename.nif defined on a base record, reference form IDs target the reference. Using the form IDs of base records does not work.

Flags
VWD - Visible When Distant
The rule is only applied if a matching LOD model is found. If no matching LOD model exists the rule is ignored.
That means, if no LOD model exists, do not check the VWD flag if the rule is supposed to apply.

Since a LOD model for StockadeScaffoldTop1Sided01.nif  (and most other stockade models) exists , if you want to overwrite the automatic matching of LOD models with a mesh mask rule, the VWD flag needs to be checked.

All in all it would be much better to create dedicated LOD models for the new full models and it would be best if those new LOD models target the CRC32 of the full model specifically. See https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors

Thanks for the help. I'm not trying to create new lods I'm currently using this to replace what would be there with full meshes I've used most of the settings and references you have qouted. I posted all the mesh mask rules I've tried including ones olwith out the drive and or "mesh" at the beginning. I'm trying avoid creating dedicated lods for a mod I'm working on. I've played with the flags and just about tried every method and combination I could think of with the mesh mask path or using the formID rule. I have also placed this as the first rule as well. I'm Targeting even base records in both the original game and at another time even with my esp.

I've been looking and even still trying to look at the some of the situations you have brought but so far they don't seem to work. I'll continue to try I do appreciate your help.

I'm currently looking into the flag again just incase 

Edited by 1990srider