Dll error

GlytchMeister

Question

11 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, GlytchMeister said:

I'm assuming I've got the wrong version of something somewhere, does this by any chance indicate what I've got wrong?

image.thumb.png.dea5a1ad5954a26c2513fdcc478e250f.png

It says its plugin 000...0007E, does that correspond to this:

image.thumb.png.f256df2ffee07cbf9bf4a2f56ef004ac.png

?

I'm not so familiar with Vortex, but that seems right. This mod or the version you have is for the wrong version of the game probably. Visit the mod page and see what files are available for your SSE version and SKSE version.

hmmm.

Nature of the Wild Lands says nothing about SSE version, SKSE isnt even required, says nothing about DLL's, and only says "use DynDOLOD to make LOD's for this", doesn't specify a version.

This specific plugin is a patch between NotWL and Interesting NPCs.  3DNPCs loads before this, so if that were the issue, it would have thrown the error for 0A, if our assumption about the plugin code is correct.

I'm not sure what you mean. If you have Skyrim Anniversary Edition, you should have SkyrimSE.exe version 1.6.353 (in Explorer right clicks on SkyrimSE.exe, click Properties, select the Details tab) along with Fishing, Saints & Seducers and other free CC content. If you are following the Step guide, you also need to purchase the Anniversary Edition pack that includes all of the remaining CC content.

Greg; I am going to be uninstalling all my plugins and starting afresh with just DynDOLOD related stuff (and will re-download SSEEFixes and pay extra close attention to what I'm doing).  This is the same approach I ended up taking when I was having issues with physics/animation related mods.  Kind of a Nuke It From Orbit solution, but like the woman said: "It's the only way to be sure."  :P  Hopefully I'll be able to get things going without having to bother yall so much.  Once I get DynDOLOD going on a dry run, I'll start working on buildings and landscape textures and see if it handles those correctly.  Once I have that working, I'll bring back physics and animations, then all the other stuff.  Will report back on any problems or findings.  Thanks.

Edited by GlytchMeister

57 minutes ago, GlytchMeister said:

The way I've seen it explained is... SkyrimSE 1.5.whatever is the last one before AE, then there's Skyrim SE 1.6.353, which is what I have:

image.thumb.png.4f3682113d429a7ad03853ea7520bd56.png

And then there's Skyrim AE, which is the exact same, only you've bought and installed the CC content.

No.

AE = SSE = latest game version = 1.6.xxx

1.5.97 is an old version of SSE and is only being used because people won't update their mods and others refuse to run the updated game.

The Anniversary Upgrade ('AU' if we must have an abbreviation) is the non-free, pay-for CC DLC.

EDIT: for may complex reasons, SKSE and mods dependent upon it MUST match the game runtime version (1.5.97 or 1.6.xxx). It's much simpler to use 1.6.xxx and all compatible mods.

If you're absolutely sure that you (re-)installed both parts of SSE Engine Fixes correctly, using the right version in the right place, and it's still failing, look at these log files:

Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\skse64.log
Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\EngineFixes.log

They may give you some clues as to why SSE Engine Fixes is failing to be loaded by SKSE.

The second logfile may not exist if SSE Engine Fixes can't initialize at all.

Clear the folder beforehand to ensure you're not looking at old files.