SSELODGen Menu Not Opening

WintyFree

Question

Guys, I created a Reddit and a STEP Forum account because I simply cannot find a fix. I need help really bad.

I am on AE 1.6.xx

Full Mod List can be provided but Issue is mostly with xLODGen application

-The Issue is with SSE xLODGen 4.1.4b (Ver. 93) (Latest)

-The Options menu does not appear after Background Loader is finished

Instructions per STEP Guide were followed

I followed and downloaded xLODGEN from: https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-93-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal-enderalse/

I can include screenshots of my xLODGEN executable in MO2, Vortex and the Folders of my xLODGen application and its Output folder I set.

-Image of my Executables in MO2 and Vortex: https://imgur.com/a/xnDS8qV

The Issue is when I open SSELODGen, it loads all my plugins and says "Finished" but no Menu or Options Window appears. I set an Output path; my command line arguments look good. I don't know what else it possibly could be. It is not in any game folder or directory related, none of it is. I have it in its own directory away from OS and Game directories. I have the latest version of this tool. I attempted to use it today to finally build Terrain LOD for this first time on my current playthrough. I have the Terrain Tamriel ESM installed and placed near the top of my load order as well. DynDOLOD has not been run yet. Literally stuck at the first step.

SEELODGen simply will not open its options menu after it is "Finished" loading files

Please help, I've been a heavy mod User of the game since 2013, if any questions or troubleshooting steps need to be asked or more information is required, I can easily provide.

I can post my SSELODGen Log if needed. 

Arguments: 

Target: A:\Documents\SSELODGen\xLODGen\SSELODGenx64.exe

Command Line: -sse -o:"A:\Documents\SSELODGen\Output\"

I have also tried, -o:"A:\Documents\SSELODGen\Output\"

5 answers to this question

54 minutes ago, WintyFree said:

Guys, I created a Reddit and a STEP Forum account because I simply cannot find a fix. I need help really bad.

I am on AE 1.6.xx

Full Mod List can be provided but Issue is mostly with xLODGen application

-The Issue is with SSE xLODGen 4.1.4b (Ver. 93) (Latest)

-The Options menu does not appear after Background Loader is finished

Instructions per STEP Guide were followed

I followed and downloaded xLODGEN from: https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-93-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal-enderalse/

I can include screenshots of my xLODGEN executable in MO2, Vortex and the Folders of my xLODGen application and its Output folder I set.

-Image of my Executables in MO2 and Vortex: https://imgur.com/a/xnDS8qV

The Issue is when I open SSELODGen, it loads all my plugins and says "Finished" but no Menu or Options Window appears. I set an Output path; my command line arguments look good. I don't know what else it possibly could be. It is not in any game folder or directory related, none of it is. I have it in its own directory away from OS and Game directories. I have the latest version of this tool. I attempted to use it today to finally build Terrain LOD for this first time on my current playthrough. I have the Terrain Tamriel ESM installed and placed near the top of my load order as well. DynDOLOD has not been run yet. Literally stuck at the first step.

SEELODGen simply will not open its options menu after it is "Finished" loading files

Please help, I've been a heavy mod User of the game since 2013, if any questions or troubleshooting steps need to be asked or more information is required, I can easily provide.

I can post my SSELODGen Log if needed. 

Arguments: 

Target: A:\Documents\SSELODGen\xLODGen\SSELODGenx64.exe

Command Line: -sse -o:"A:\Documents\SSELODGen\Output\"

I have also tried, -o:"A:\Documents\SSELODGen\Output\"

>I can post my SSELODGen Log if needed. 
Just do. Never hold back information.

>-sse -o:"A:\Documents\SSELODGen\Output\"
There is a missing space between -sse and -o:, that will not work. Screenshots appear OK. Make sure there is no space after -o: before the "
Documents may be a special Windows folder. It is also possible that xLODGen is generally prevented by UAC, Antivr from creating the output folder. Add exceptions for the program to antivr to the executable and/or output folder. Maybe use a local drive in case it is a network or attached storage.

Test if the program starts directly from the command prompt with those arguments. In that case check log from mod manager.
Make sure to use recent version of mod manager.

Test with only the -sse argument. If that works you know the problem is with setting the output folder properly or the tool is not allowed to create it for whatever reason.

It could be possible the windows actually opens on a different (disconnect monitor) outside the desktop.
Reset xEdit/xLODGen settings by deleting (backup)  c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.SSEViewSettings

Hello Sheson, good afternoon

-I do not have any Antivirus other than Windows Defender 

-I have set the program to be run as admin for all Users including Vortex NMM

I have tried to launch Using Vortex and from folder in File Explorer

Same result, no GUI

I have changed the location and redownloaded and reinstalled to my Video Game local NVME drive

Renamed Plugins.SSEViewSettings to Pluginsold.SSEViewSettings

Annnnd it worked, gonna try to run the Terrain LOD Gen!!!! 

Well Kinda, it tried to save to the Steam Apps folder, so I updated Vortex NMM with the output path. Had to delete the "Plugins.SSEViewSettings" and then it reopened with the GUI.

So nOw it is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Sheson

30 minutes ago, WintyFree said:

Hello Sheson, good afternoon

-I do not have any Antivirus other than Windows Defender 

-I have set the program to be run as admin for all Users including Vortex NMM

I have tried to launch Using Vortex and from folder in File Explorer

Same result, no GUI

I have changed the location and redownloaded and reinstalled to my Video Game local NVME drive

Renamed Plugins.SSEViewSettings to Pluginsold.SSEViewSettings

Annnnd it worked, gonna try to run the Terrain LOD Gen!!!! 

Well Kinda, it tried to save to the Steam Apps folder, so I updated Vortex NMM with the output path. Had to delete the "Plugins.SSEViewSettings" and then it reopened with the GUI.

So nOw it is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Sheson

Just make sure to not set an output path into game or mod manager folders.