LOOT not picking skyrim SE, instead picks LE

Halde

Basically what the title says. It doesn't detect SkyrimSE when launched from MO, instead SkyrimLE. I thought this might have something to do with the fact that in File->Settings in LOOT, SE did not have install path. I created this, however to no avail. As you can see in the screenshot, the augment path described in the Tools section is as described. I hope someone can help with this. I am unable to pick SkyrimSE in LOOT, only Skyrim is in the dropdown in top left corner of LOOT, even though the game is in the list (where i created the install path).

Hope you can help!

~Sincerely

Halde

help with loot.png

help with loot 1.png

Are you following the STEP guide? Which one? This one: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.0.0?

xEdit is referring to Skyrim.ini and is looking for it in Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition. It seems to be missing in your case.

My guess is that you never launched Skyrim SE/AE from Steam. Have you done so? You need to launch it at least once from Steam after installation so that it updates the Windows Registry and creates default configuration files (Skyrim.ini, SkyrimPrefs.ini). This would also explain why LOOT didn't find Skyrim SE automatically and you had to tell it where to find it.

It's not scary :) It's necessary and a good sanity check to ensure the absolutely pure vanilla game runs without issues on your system.

Please go back to the System Setup Guide and thoroughly check that you have followed each step. In particular: Initialize the Game.

Launch Skyrim SE from Steam. The Skyrim launcher should come up. Set basic options such as display resolution to your liking if your graphics hardware is not correctly detected, but don't overdo it because you'll tweak the configuration in great details later on with BethINI and other tools/mods used by the guide. Then launch the game. Let it download all the addon CC content, and when it's all done, start a new game. Play the beginning until you enter Helgen Keep with Ralof or Hadvar.