SSR in SSE break when applying "recommended tweaks"

coldharmonics

Question

Hello,

Love the tool, having this issue.

In SSE, the Screen Space Reflections no longer renders if the Recommended Tweaks cheakbox is ever ticked. Have to revert to old ini or regenerate from scratch. Preset style or level doesn't seem to matter, all that seems to matter is whether recommend tweak checkbox was ticked. Doesn't seem to be tied to any of the obvious values, could be wrong. Still testing. Will update if I find anything. 

I am running game vanilla through vanilla launcher. I have a few instances of MO but not using them for testing this. Latest BethINI on SSE nexus. Had issue with slightly older version, updated, still occurs. 

Log attached. 

Cheers!

log.txt

5 answers to this question

After over an hour I found the issue. Recommended tweaks add this line: 

fWaterSSRIntensity=0.5

In both vanilla and modded this makes ssr virtually nonexistent. The difference between this and off is not noticeable. 

Please reconsider this. Near trees etc. are entirely missing from reflections. 

(Latest game version. Let me know if I can provide more information or screenshots.)

For reference here are vanilla screenshots. In retrospect the SSR is there but its so faint that it's not really doing anything, the water looks very bright as if there are no near reflections.

Default Value (line not present in inis):

5uf2miiIy.png

Recommended Tweaks (fWaterSSRIntensity=0.5):

5uf2r5ev7.png

Please at least add this setting to the app so people know it's there and that it is changing.

Edited by coldharmonics
fixes, details

Fair enough, SSR has artifacts, and making them more subtle may be desired. However, the app does not identify this setting to the user, and the user may want something different from the recommendation. It would be a great addition to BethINI to be able to control this setting alongside the other SSR settings. 

Edited by coldharmonics
spelling