Help configuring bethini for ngio

NBBEAST

Question

Hello y'all. So I'm using ngio to generate grass lod for dyndolod 3.0. I'm following the step guide. It says to configure the ini using bethini. I'm a bit confused about some of these things. Specifically where to configure bAllowcreategrass, bAllowLoadGrass, BenableGrassfade,f Grassfade range, fgrassmaxstartfadedistance, fgrassmaxstartfadedistance,fgrassstartfade distance. I don't know where to find these. I was able to configure the terrain settings in bethini but not these. 

Plus I already precached grass using different bethini settings, do I need to precache grass again every time I change the ini settings? So should I precache grass again to the step guide? Or can I just change the relevant ini settings and run dyndolod over? 

Thanks. 

3 answers to this question

Since you are on SE, the only setting that should apply to you for grass are the Grass Fade-in checkbox being disabled. The rest of these shouldn't matter as long as you use the described NGIO config settings in that guide, which will override most of the settings already.

Using ultra trees means that the Far-off Tree Distance setting can be set to 0, since tree LODs will be handled in object LOD. The Tree Detail Fade setting is still relevant for adjusting performance/removing pop-in, but only applies to the trees in the loaded cells, and nothing to do with LODs. If you notice pop-in, you may find increasing this may alleviate this.

7 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Which guide are you using? The Step 2.0.0 guide contains pregenerated grass cache since it uses the Anniversary Edition, which is not supported by NGIO. It also instructs how to configure the INI settings. 

Thank you for the response, double you. I'm using this guide :https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:Grass_LOD_Guide

I figured out how to disable grass fade, but not sure on configuring on the other ini's. I'm using SE. Plus If i'm using ultra trees within dyndolod 3.0 (run at high settings) is there any point in using bethini medium for tree detail? I notice there's pop in sometimes with trees. I don't know if its due to bethini settings or the fact i have EFPS (which utilizes occlusion planing in exterior worldspaces). 

image.thumb.png.c31f3a6320beea9472e5198c05a73cae.pngimage.thumb.png.c8fd82f14f4cadaf47fb097b2d5b3585.png

Edited by NBBEAST