xLODGen with Seasons of Skyrim + TotS

misterwu

Question

Hi everyone o/

I'm trying to get Seasons of Skyrim and Turn of the Seasons to work. I looked all day for some kind of step by step tutorial for this mod combination but had no luck. So far i got everything right except for the terrain LODs. Please, can someone help me understand the process with xLODGen?

I understend xLODGen is used only to to generate the terrain. TexGen and DynDoLOD ist working perfectly for me. So my questions are specific to the SoS + TotS mod combination. I know how to generate terrain LODs without seasons.

- Do i need to select all worldspaces for terrain generation? Only Tamriel and Wyrmstooth (added by TotS)? What about Markarth and DLC worlds?
- Do i need to tick all seasons (Default, SPR, SUM, AUT, WIN)?
- Is there an option to generate only default textures for some worlds, and every season for others like Tamriel?

Right now i have xLODGen running with every Worldspace selected and every Season ticked. It has been almost 3 hours and the size is 12 GB (!!!) and its not even done. This cant be right, or is it?

Please help

Edited by misterwu

2 answers to this question

Select the worldspace for you want to generate seasonal LODs. This depends on the lists of worldspaces that are defined in the po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.ini for the different seasons.

Select the seasons that are going to be switched to. This depends on the season type setting and if the terrain LOD swap for a season is enabled in po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.ini.
Only seasons for which swap data is found can be checked.

Simply run xLODGen several times with the different options if different worldspaces require different settings.

Generating 5 times the LOD typically should increase the required time and space by 5 as well. The good part is that the game only loads the seasonal files it currently needs.

21 minutes ago, sheson said:

Select the worldspace for you want to generate seasonal LODs. This depends on the lists of worldspaces that are defined in the po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.ini for the different seasons.

Select the seasons that are going to be switched to. This depends on the season type setting and if the terrain LOD for a season is enabled in po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.ini.

Simply run xLODGen several times with the different options if different worldspaces require different settings.

Generating 5 times the LOD typically should increase the required time and space by 5 as well. The good part is that the game only loads the seasonal files it currently needs.

Thank you so much! i looked in every file in the "Seasons" folder but never looked at the actual .ini of the plugin. Thanks!