.Net ScriptFramework - Bug Fixes SSE Crash

Arel

Question

Hi, today I got a crash when starting the game and a Net ScriptFramework file was generated in my Overwrite folder. The end of the log is like this:

Plugins (2)
{
  actor_limit
  {
    Name: "Actor Limit Plugin"
    Version: 2
    Assembly: ActorLimitPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
  }

bug_fixes
  {
    Name: "Bug Fixes SSE"
    Version: 3
    Author: "meh321"
    Assembly: BugFixesSSE, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
  }
}

Now I am really not sure what is the problem here because I had these since the beginning. I have googled but not much come up. What can I do, any ideas?

First crash occurred while loading SexLabTools.bsa.

Second crash occurred while saving the game to Save2_328F920D_0_507269736F6E6572_WhiterunBanneredMare_000009_20220130144214_1_1. The log shows:

Possible relevant objects (2)
{
  [ 144]    TESNPC(Name: `Miraak`, FormId: 040200D9, File: `Dragonborn.esm`)
  [ 144]    Character(FormId: FF00124F, BaseForm: TESNPC(Name: `Miraak`, FormId: 040200D9, File: `Dragonborn.esm`))
}

This is just a hint. It doesn't necessarily mean this particular object is faulty. But if you have a mod that modifies this NPC you can start looking there.

41 minutes ago, Arel said:

I've disabled few things it worked till the prison part. When went to bed to start in the inn of whiterun

Don't assume people know intrinsically what you're talking about. Please make an effort to provide some context. You're using ASLAL, and you started a new game, yes?

In any case, this has nothing to do with Actor Limit Fix or Bug Fixes SSE.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:

This is the end of crash the log file. It tells us you are using 2 Net Script Framework plugins: Actor Limit Fix, and Bug Fixes SSE. Nothing more.

The whole log file contains a lot more, potentially helpful, information about the crash.

Ok here it is. I've disabled few things it worked till the prison part. When went to bed to start in the inn of whiterun my game crashed again and I got another log from that. This could be about SLab mods I am not sure.

Crash_2022_1_30_15-5-49.txt

Second one is that last log.

Crash_2022_1_30_17-42-14.txt

Edited by Arel

11 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

First crash occurred while loading SexLabTools.bsa.

Second crash occurred while saving the game to Save2_328F920D_0_507269736F6E6572_WhiterunBanneredMare_000009_20220130144214_1_1. The log shows:

Possible relevant objects (2)
{
  [ 144]    TESNPC(Name: `Miraak`, FormId: 040200D9, File: `Dragonborn.esm`)
  [ 144]    Character(FormId: FF00124F, BaseForm: TESNPC(Name: `Miraak`, FormId: 040200D9, File: `Dragonborn.esm`))
}

This is just a hint. It doesn't necessarily mean this particular object is faulty. But if you have a mod that modifies this NPC you can start looking there.

I was going one by one disabling and found out it was indeed SLTools but I don't get the second one for some reason.

12 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Don't assume people know intrinsically what you're talking about. Please make an effort to provide some context. You're using ASLAL, and you started a new game, yes?

In any case, this has nothing to do with Actor Limit Fix or Bug Fixes SSE.

Sorry about that, my bad. Yes I was using Alternate Start, I am still modding my game so haven't actually started playing it. I am installing few thing then test it quickly and move on. May I ask do you think form 43 is a big deal? I've searched online and there isn't something certain, have you ever used a mod with form 43?

1 hour ago, Arel said:

May I ask do you think form 43 is a big deal? I've searched online and there isn't something certain, have you ever used a mod with form 43?

I don't really know. It's supposed to be bad when used with SSE...? I've installed a few mods with Form 43 but I always converted them to 44 so I wouldn't have to worry about potential issues caused by them, real or not.

• Like 1

I don't really know. It's supposed to be bad when used with SSE...? I've installed a few mods with Form 43 but I always converted them to 44 so I wouldn't have to worry about potential issues caused by them, real or not.

I've tried to convert few of them but the creation kit always kept sending me warnings and said some of the references will be deleted or something like that so I didn't really had a choice then to try it out. I got a bosmer armor mod that is form 43 my game didn't crash because of it but I don't know if it loads successfully either. I don't know how to get the item.

The plugins I converted, only a couple if I remember correctly, were quite simple. Converting them in CK was just a matter of opening the plugin and saving it.

If CK warns about stuff, it may be an indication that the plugin may not work at all in SSE, whether it's form 43 or form 44, or that the plugin depends on another plugin that's not an ESM. In any case, you should examine the plugin in xEdit beforehand, check for errors, etc.

But why go through all this trouble for a piece of armor? There are ~3000 armor mods available on Nexus for SSE. You should be able to find something that you like.

You can use the console to add items to your inventory so you can verify them. Please search online to find out how.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

The plugins I converted, only a couple if I remember correctly, were quite simple. Converting them in CK was just a matter of opening the plugin and saving it.

If CK warns about stuff, it may be an indication that the plugin may not work at all in SSE, whether it's form 43 or form 44, or that the plugin depends on another plugin that's not an ESM. In any case, you should examine the plugin in xEdit beforehand, check for errors, etc.

But why go through all this trouble for a piece of armor? There are ~3000 armor mods available on Nexus for SSE. You should be able to find something that you like.

You can use the console to add items to your inventory so you can verify them. Please search online to find out how.

Yeah that was what I am trying to tell, when I open the plugin I get bunch of warning. The thing is I've disabled form 43 check in MO2 and went to play the game for a while but it didn't cause me any problems so far although I got many warnings beforehand. Thanks for the help btw I really am glad that you do help.

Also I got this warning in LOOT:

"You have a normal plugin and at least one light plugin sharing the FE load order index. Deactivate a normal plugin or all your light plugins to avoid potential issues."

I've searched it and it tells me that my plugin cap has been reached and I need to merge I guess? I am merging few things with zEdit do you have any suggestions, tips and tricks? I got Unofficial High Definition Audio Project and merging them as they don't require any master file. I'd really like your opinion on this matter and thank you.

Normal plugins are indexed in the load order using a base 16 numbering scheme rather than base 10, starting at 00. Number 10 in base 10 is represented as 0A in base 16, 11 as 0B,  ...15 as 0F, 16 is 10, 17 is 11, and so on. FE is the highest index, (15 x 16) + 14 = 254, for a maximum total of 254 + 1 = 255 normal plugins, since 00 is the first plugin and counts as one. The FF index is reserved by the engine.

Light plugins are indexed in the same way, but they are prefixed by FE. The first light plugin is indexed FE:000, the second FE:001, the tenth FE:00A, and so on. Theoretical maximum number of light plugins: 4096. They're called 'light' I guess because they can only contain a maximum of 4096 records.

You can see the plugin indexes on the right side of MO in the Mod Index column.

MO is telling you that you have a normal plugin indexed at FE, and you also have light plugins, the first of which is indexed at FE:000. And apparently that's a problem. I can't confirm nor deny, as I have never reached that point and I don't care to investigate.

I haven't merged any plugins as I haven't had the need to do so, and I'd rather avoid it if I can. So I can't offer any advice. Instead I've been ESLifying normal plugins so they become light plugins (aka ESPFE), by compacting them first if necessary, then flagging them as light. This can all be done in xEdit. There are some gotchas to this process and it must be done carefully only on plugins that are safe to ESLify.

You should not merge UHDAP plugins for 2 reasons. First, they need to remain separate as they are used to load their corresponding .bsa (BSA archive) file. If you merge them you'll break their association. In theory you could merge them if you also merged their BSA archives. Second, they're already ESPFE (light) plugins so they don't count towards the normal plugin limit, merging them would be useless.

image.png

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Normal plugins are indexed in the load order using a base 16 numbering scheme rather than base 10, starting at 00. Number 10 in base 10 is represented as 0A in base 16, 11 as 0B,  ...15 as 0F, 16 is 10, 17 is 11, and so on. FE is the highest index, (15 x 16) + 14 = 254, for a maximum total of 254 + 1 = 255 normal plugins, since 00 is the first plugin and counts as one. The FF index is reserved by the engine.

Light plugins are indexed in the same way, but they are prefixed by FE. The first light plugin is indexed FE:000, the second FE:001, the tenth FE:00A, and so on. Theoretical maximum number of light plugins: 4096. They're called 'light' I guess because they can only contain a maximum of 4096 records.

You can see the plugin indexes on the right side of MO in the Mod Index column.

MO is telling you that you have a normal plugin indexed at FE, and you also have light plugins, the first of which is indexed at FE:000. And apparently that's a problem. I can't confirm nor deny, as I have never reached that point and I don't care to investigate.

I haven't merged any plugins as I haven't had the need to do so, and I'd rather avoid it if I can. So I can't offer any advice. Instead I've been ESLifying normal plugins so they become light plugins (aka ESPFE), by compacting them first if necessary, then flagging them as light. This can all be done in xEdit. There are some gotchas to this process and it must be done carefully only on plugins that are safe to ESLify.

You should not merge UHDAP plugins for 2 reasons. First, they need to remain separate as they are used to load their corresponding .bsa (BSA archive) file. If you merge them you'll break their association. In theory you could merge them if you also merged their BSA archives. Second, they're already ESPFE (light) plugins so they don't count towards the normal plugin limit, merging them would be useless.

image.png

Oh I see, I was getting really confused thanks for the in depth explanation. Does ESLifying ESPs cause any load order issue or change? If not I'd rather do that actually but it also scares me a little bit but I guess if I'd backup everything before hand it would be fine. It is stressful nonetheless. I've noticed UHDAP was already light since it didn't got rid of the loot warning :D Thank you for enlightening me.

You can start with the easiest and safest ones to ESLify.

Part 1

1. Load everything into xEdit.
  2. Right-click anywhere on the left list and select 'Apply Script'.
  3. Type "find esp" in the text field, and select 'Find ESP plugins which could be turned into ESL' in the menu below.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Copy and paste the output into a text editor so you can reference it later.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Part 2

1. In the script results you copied to the text editor, look for plugins which "Can be turned into ESL by adding ESL flag in TES4 header" and only exactly these. Ignore those that need to be compacted, or those that have a CELL warning.
  2. Make a separate list of the good candidates.

Part 3

1. In xEdit, select a good candidate plugin in the list on the left, right-click on 'Record Flags' line on the right panel and select 'Edit'.
  2. Check the ESL box and click OK.
  3. Repeat 1 & 2 for each good candidate.
  4. Exit xEdit and save the plugins, make backups if desired.

Part 4

1. Run LOOT.
  2. ???
  3. Profit.

Note that if you're testing some plugins that you've ESLified and aren't sure if you're going to keep them, rather than removing them from your mod list in MO, disable their corresponding mod. Otherwise if you decide later to re-install them, you'll need to re-ESLify them again.

Edited by Mousetick
Removed instructions about scripts, not necessary
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mousetick said:

You can start with the easiest and safest ones to ESLify.

Part 1

1. Load everything into xEdit.
  2. Right-click anywhere on the left list and select 'Apply Script'.
  3. Type "find esp" in the text field, and select 'Find ESP plugins which could be turned into ESL' in the menu below.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Copy and paste the output into a text editor so you can reference it later.

Part 2

1. In the script results you copied to the text editor, look for plugins which "Can be turned into ESL by adding ESL flag in TES4 header" and only exactly these. Ignore those that need to be compacted, or those that have a CELL warning.
  2. Make a separate list of the good candidates.

Part 3

1. In xEdit, select a good candidate plugin in the list on the left, right-click on 'Record Flags' line on the right panel and select 'Edit'.
  2. Check the ESL box and click OK.
  3. Repeat 1 & 2 for each good candidate.
  4. Exit xEdit and save the plugins, make backups if desired.

Part 4

1. Run LOOT.
  2. ???
  3. Profit.

Note that if you're testing some plugins that you've ESLified and aren't sure if you're going to keep them, rather than removing them from your mod list in MO, disable their corresponding mod. Otherwise if you decide later to re-install them, you'll need to re-ESLify them again.

Thank you I was looking into this and I've found "-PseudoESL" starting argument but got kind of confused as I thought it should only load the available candidates to be flagged. I've also read a nice article about this on Nexus. I recommend it if in case anyone wants to know more about it here.

Edit: I've got a question is every marked one ok to ESLify? Because I got "[FE 018] SkyUI_SE.esp Can be turned into ESL by adding ESL flag in TES4 header" and it's like a main mod for other mods.

And also some of them already has an "ESM" flag is it ok to add "ESL" flag alongside it? "MajesticMountains_Landscape.esm" for instance has this situation.

Edited by Arel

2 hours ago, Arel said:

I've found "-PseudoESL" starting argument but got kind of confused as I thought it should only load the available candidates to be flagged.

It kind of does in a way if you combine it with -autoload and enable the 'Show file header flags' in the general options, as explained here. But it can be dangerous because it shows plugins that contain new CELL records as safe candidates for flagging. I prefer using the 'Find ESP plugins which could be turned into ESL' script, it's a little more cumbersome and takes a little more time, but it's the safest method in my view.

There is this tool which you may want to try if you find the method I suggested too complicated: Ruddy88 ESLify. It looks like it might be a little more automated and easier to use. But, I don't have any experience with it, haven't even tried it, so I don't know if it's really good - don't blame me if your game is broken because of it :)

3 hours ago, Arel said:

I've also read a nice article about this on Nexus. I recommend it if in case anyone wants to know more about it here.

Yes it's good. I read it too when I was learning about ESLifying.

3 hours ago, Arel said:

I've got a question is every marked one ok to ESLify? Because I got "[FE 018] SkyUI_SE.esp Can be turned into ESL by adding ESL flag in TES4 header" and it's like a main mod for other mods.

And also some of them already has an "ESM" flag is it ok to add "ESL" flag alongside it? "MajesticMountains_Landscape.esm" for instance has this situation.

Yes and yes.

• Like 1

It kind of does in a way if you combine it with -autoload and enable the 'Show file header flags' in the general options, as explained here. But it can be dangerous because it shows plugins that contain new CELL records as safe candidates for flagging. I prefer using the 'Find ESP plugins which could be turned into ESL' script, it's a little more cumbersome and takes a little more time, but it's the safest method in my view.

It is troubling but I too think it is safer that way :) 

I am also thinking about compacting few mods form ids as I am yet to start fully playing the game I think it would be better to do it now but I am still pretty noob at this :D I just have few mods in my mind to add to my list and then I'm done but my current plugin number is around 220 even after I've eslified available plugins. I am not really sure if the mods I'll install fill up the plugin limit or not so it is a undecisive situation for me.

There is this tool which you may want to try if you find the method I suggested too complicated: Ruddy88 ESLify. It looks like it might be a little more automated and easier to use. But, I don't have any experience with it, haven't even tried it, so I don't know if it's really good - don't blame me if your game is broken because of it :)

Yes it's good. I read it too when I was learning about ESLifying.

Yes and yes.

On that Ruddy88 ESLify page says SkyUI.esp Racemenu.esp RacemenuPlugin.esp FNIS.esp shouldn't flagged as ESL but not sure as I've already ESLified them and get to a test run. I haven't bugged around with race menu I've just changed race and presets but everything seemed like in order.

I'd like to thank you again this thing was messing my head haha I've deleted my merged plugins thanks to you!