.Net ScriptFramework - Bug Fixes SSE Crash

Arel

Question

Hi, today I got a crash when starting the game and a Net ScriptFramework file was generated in my Overwrite folder. The end of the log is like this:

Plugins (2)
{
  actor_limit
  {
    Name: "Actor Limit Plugin"
    Version: 2
    Assembly: ActorLimitPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
  }

bug_fixes
  {
    Name: "Bug Fixes SSE"
    Version: 3
    Author: "meh321"
    Assembly: BugFixesSSE, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
  }
}

Now I am really not sure what is the problem here because I had these since the beginning. I have googled but not much come up. What can I do, any ideas?

6 hours ago, Arel said:

It is troubling but I too think it is safer that way

Admittedly this is a corner case and there should be no issue with ESL-flagging such plugins in most situations. One should just be careful not to ESLify them blindly. There is little information available and what is available is often incomplete or contradictory. Since there is no official documentation from Bethesda, all we have to rely on are anecdotal evidence, hearsay, folklore and urban legends...

The xEdit documentation says:

When an ESL flagged file also has the ESM flag and contains a new CELL or WRLD record, any mod (patch or otherwise) also altering the new CELL or WRLD record can cause items to disappear.

This seems to indicate that if the plugin that contains new CELL or WRLD records is not .esm, nor .esl, nor ESM-flagged, then ESL-flagging it should be safe. In which case the warning given by the xEdit script to find candidates is erroneous, and -PseudoESL may be correct and safe in any case. You'd have to experiment with that in practice to confirm.

Also, if there's nothing else in your load order that modifies the added CELL or WRLD, it should be safe to ESLify as well.

6 hours ago, Arel said:

On that Ruddy88 ESLify page says SkyUI.esp Racemenu.esp RacemenuPlugin.esp FNIS.esp shouldn't flagged as ESL but not sure as I've already ESLified them and get to a test run. I haven't bugged around with race menu I've just changed race and presets but everything seemed like in order.

Yeah it's perfectly fine to flag SkyUI and Racemenu, the advice given is incorrect. I think the MA (mod author) was overly cautious because these mods are widely used and may have been confused because they use scripts (which can break when compacting plugins).

Regarding FNIS, I don't know for sure as I don't use it. I'm using Nemesis which is a replacement for FNIS. If you want to use it, there are helpful STEP instructions.

6 hours ago, Arel said:

I am also thinking about compacting few mods form ids as I am yet to start fully playing the game I think it would be better to do it now

You must definitely do it before starting your full playthrough but you can wait until it's absolutely necessary while you're still building up your mod collection for that playthrough.

Some pointers from the xEdit documentation:

And some advice:

• Thoroughly read the documentation linked above, especially the dangers.
  • Don't bother trying to figure out if a plugin that uses its own scripts will break or not because it's using a very specific API. It's way too complicated. Just discriminate based on whether a plugin comes with its own scripts or not. If it does come with its own scripts, don't take any risk and don't compact it, period.
  • To find out if a plugin uses its own scripts, examine the mod contents in MO and check if it has a scripts folder:

image.png

• If a mod contains .bsa (BSA archive) files, you need to look inside the archive to find out if it contains a scripts folder. This is easy to do in MO using the Preview feature:

image.pngimage.png

• Once you're read the xEdit documentation linked above, you'll know that compacting a plugin that is used as master for other plugins breaks those dependent plugins. However there is an extremely useful feature of xEdit, which automatically updates all dependent plugins if they are loaded at the same time that the master is compacted. For example:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

• Therefore it's better to compact plugins as late as possible when the mod list is nearly finalized or once a mod and all its dependent plugins (add-ons, patches, ...) are added as a complete set, so that compacting the master plugin will update the dependent plugins without breaking them.
  • You can start by compacting compatibility patch plugins, assuming all other conditions are satisfied, as they typically are at the end of the dependency chain and nothing else uses them as master.
  • It may go without saying, but always start a new game after compacting plugins, even while testing. Existing saves will be broken.
  • Maybe obvious too, if you later add a plugin that depends on another plugin that you already compacted, you'll need to revert the compacted plugin to its original form and redo the whole compacting process from scratch.
  • Beware the mods and plugins shown in the pictures above are used only for illustration purpose, this is not an indication that they're actually safe or unsafe to compact.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Admittedly this is a corner case and there should be no issue with ESL-flagging such plugins in most situations. One should just be careful not to ESLify them blindly. There is little information available and what is available is often incomplete or contradictory. Since there is no official documentation from Bethesda, all we have to rely on are anecdotal evidence, hearsay, folklore and urban legends...

The xEdit documentation says:

This seems to indicate that if the plugin that contains new CELL or WRLD records is not .esm, nor .esl, nor ESM-flagged, then ESL-flagging it should be safe. In which case the warning given by the xEdit script to find candidates is erroneous, and -PseudoESL may be correct and safe in any case. You'd have to experiment with that in practice to confirm.

Also, if there's nothing else in your load order that modifies the added CELL or WRLD, it should be safe to ESLify as well.

I was checking out every mods addons and patches just in case if I might wanted any of them even considering the future. So as of now I either have everything about that mod or I got only things that I want and might want. It has been more than 2 weeks since I am modding my game, going trough the deep ends of the mods I am installing and of course I am still getting unexpected/unwanted outcomes, errors, bugs, bunch of black faces and trying to fix them all day long :D So everything is working or not working at all there is nothing in between. I am sometimes getting tpose in the race menu but it is only temporary as I haven't come across any tpose anywhere else.

Yeah it's perfectly fine to flag SkyUI and Racemenu, the advice given is incorrect. I think the MA (mod author) was overly cautious because these mods are widely used and may have been confused because they use scripts (which can break when compacting plugins).

Regarding FNIS, I don't know for sure as I don't use it. I'm using Nemesis which is a replacement for FNIS. If you want to use it, there are helpful STEP instructions.

You must definitely do it before starting your full playthrough but you can wait until it's absolutely necessary while you're still building up your mod collection for that playthrough.

I've tried using nemesis but it didn't worked for me for some reason. It was halting the process at 99% tried many ways to fix it but didn't worked. I've switched back to the FNIS after that. So does nemesis also works for FNIS stuff? There is this mod called FNIS Sexy Move it assigns feminine walking animations to females randomly and remembers them which is more immersive to me.

Some pointers from the xEdit documentation:

And some advice:

• Thoroughly read the documentation linked above, especially the dangers.
  • Don't bother trying to figure out if a plugin that uses its own scripts will break or not because it's using a very specific API. It's way too complicated. Just discriminate based on whether a plugin comes with its own scripts or not. If it does come with its own scripts, don't take any risk and don't compact it, period.
  • To find out if a plugin uses its own scripts, examine the mod contents in MO and check if it has a scripts folder:

image.png

• If a mod contains .bsa (BSA archive) files, you need to look inside the archive to find out if it contains a scripts folder. This is easy to do in MO using the Preview feature:

image.pngimage.png

• Once you're read the xEdit documentation linked above, you'll know that compacting a plugin that is used as master for other plugins breaks those dependent plugins. However there is an extremely useful feature of xEdit, which automatically updates all dependent plugins if they are loaded at the same time that the master is compacted. For example:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

• Therefore it's better to compact plugins as late as possible when the mod list is nearly finalized or once a mod and all its dependent plugins (add-ons, patches, ...) are added as a complete set, so that compacting the master plugin will update the dependent plugins without breaking them.
  • You can start by compacting compatibility patch plugins, assuming all other conditions are satisfied, as they typically are at the end of the dependency chain and nothing else uses them as master.
  • It may go without saying, but always start a new game after compacting plugins, even while testing. Existing saves will be broken.
  • Maybe obvious too, if you later add a plugin that depends on another plugin that you already compacted, you'll need to revert the compacted plugin to its original form and redo the whole compacting process from scratch.
  • Beware the mods and plugins shown in the pictures above are used only for illustration purpose, this is not an indication that they're actually safe or unsafe to compact.

Thank you for your advice, I didn't even know bsa archives may include scripts! I've changed the follower mod Sofia's body files with my own body by extracting bsa content, replacing the files and archiving them again and yet I haven't noticed the script deal. It's good to have you in this community. I'll save this advice just in case I decide to compact form ids.

And I always do start a new game to test things out because only then I can tell if everything is working good or not as I am yet to start playing :D 

3 hours ago, Arel said:

I've tried using nemesis but it didn't worked for me for some reason. It was halting the process at 99% tried many ways to fix it but didn't worked. I've switched back to the FNIS after that. So does nemesis also works for FNIS stuff? There is this mod called FNIS Sexy Move it assigns feminine walking animations to females randomly and remembers them which is more immersive to me.

Yes Nemesis is supposed to work for FNIS stuff, at least most of it, there are probably a few exceptions.

Regarding FNIS Sexy Move, there is a post in the comments section on Nexus (page 2 at the time of this writing) which explains how to make it work with Nemesis. I don't know if it's correct, I'm not familiar with this mod, I don't use it. You can always try the procedure given in that post.

Whenever you run into issues, always search online and look at the comments and bug reports sections of the mod on Nexus. Yes it's time-consuming to sort through all the outdated and wrong information, but you're very likely to find some answers.

• +1 1

5 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Yes Nemesis is supposed to work for FNIS stuff, at least most of it, there are probably a few exceptions.

Regarding FNIS Sexy Move, there is a post in the comments section on Nexus (page 2 at the time of this writing) which explains how to make it work with Nemesis. I don't know if it's correct, I'm not familiar with this mod, I don't use it. You can always try the procedure given in that post.

Whenever you run into issues, always search online and look at the comments and bug reports sections of the mod on Nexus. Yes it's time-consuming to sort through all the outdated and wrong information, but you're very likely to find some answers.

Yeah I know but even tough it is time consuming I still do it but Nemesis just didn't worked for me, it was sad but not essential I guess. I just liked what Nemesis was offering.