Unable to read beyond the end of the stream. System.IO.EndOfStreamException

EazyH

Question

I DID SEE YOUR POST, THANK YOU. I do have another question

The filename is of the form [worldspace]X[x]Y[y].cgid with leading zeros to pad up to 3 digits. Start the game, open console with ~ and type cow [worldspace] [x] [y] to load into the worldspace and cell so that No Grass In Objects generates the *.cgid file on-demand. Start DynDOLOD to generate LOD, hopefully without errors this time.

"arnimaDUPLICATE003x0025y-040.cgid" would this be arnimaduplicate003 0025 040?

Also unrelated, saw a few messages like this in my Dynolod log (though it still ran)

<Warning: Texture resolution 539x512 not divisible by 4. Texture textures\terrain\lodgen\dragonborn.esm\pineshrubash01_00019c5e.dds Used by Meshes\dlc02\plants\pineshrubash01.nif Dragonborn.esm DLC2TreePineShrubAsh01 [TREE:04019C5E]>

Is this an issue to be concerned about?

Thank you

Edited by EazyH

15 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, EazyH said:

I DID SEE YOUR POST, THANK YOU. I do have another question

The filename is of the form [worldspace]X[x]Y[y].cgid with leading zeros to pad up to 3 digits. Start the game, open console with ~ and type cow [worldspace] [x] [y] to load into the worldspace and cell so that No Grass In Objects generates the *.cgid file on-demand. Start DynDOLOD to generate LOD, hopefully without errors this time.

"arnimaDUPLICATE003x0025y-040.cgid" would this be arnimaduplicate003 0025 040?

Also unrelated, saw a few messages like this in my Dynolod log (though it still ran)

<Warning: Texture resolution 539x512 not divisible by 4. Texture textures\terrain\lodgen\dragonborn.esm\pineshrubash01_00019c5e.dds Used by Meshes\dlc02\plants\pineshrubash01.nif Dragonborn.esm DLC2TreePineShrubAsh01 [TREE:04019C5E]>

Thank you

cow arnimaduplicate003 25 -40

The texture is incorrect and could cause issues.

28 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

cow arnimaduplicate003 25 -40

The texture is incorrect and could cause issues.

How do I know ngio is doing what it needs to? the console just fast travels me there like im playing normally

"The texture is incorrect and could cause issues.-- and crashes, or just possibe visual issues?

Edited by EazyH

23 minutes ago, EazyH said:

How do I know ngio is doing what it needs to? the console just fast travels me there like im playing normally

"The texture is incorrect and could cause issues.-- and crashes, or just possibe visual issues?

Is a new cgid file created? If it is, it is fine. You're doing this to fix an incorrect cgid file, so you delete the old file and generate a new one by traveling there. You might need to set OnlyLoadFromCache = True in order for the new file to be made.

Incorrect textures could cause visual issues or CTDs. It depends. I would fix the indicated issue.

1 hour ago, EazyH said:

Thank you

See explanations for certain log messages in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html

42 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Is a new cgid file created? If it is, it is fine. You're doing this to fix an incorrect cgid file, so you delete the old file and generate a new one by traveling there. You might need to set OnlyLoadFromCache = True in order for the new file to be made.

Incorrect textures could cause visual issues or CTDs. It depends. I would fix the indicated issue.

There is nothing being created, it just fast travels me there like I am playing. I sat around for a bit, but don’t see any indication a new CGID file was created, and when I exit the game, I have no new file in my overwrite or the grass folder

Edited by EazyH

Also, I found out these texture resolutions not divisible by 4 are coming from HD LOD Textures . Is this an issue? I have done nothing to the textures included with that mod.

or should I be Hiding the textures?

Edited by EazyH

34 minutes ago, EazyH said:

Also, I found out these texture resolutions not divisible by 4 are coming from HD LOD Textures . Is this an issue? I have done nothing to the textures included with that mod.

or should I be Hiding the textures?

Read "Texture * resolution XxY not divisible by 4" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Read "Texture * resolution XxY not divisible by 4" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html

I went ahead and hid the terrain\lodgen folder included with HDLOD Textures, however nothing in TexGen or DynDOLOD resources conflicts with them. I was unsure if there was any merit in leaving them installed, since I was under the impression there were a few things HDLOD Textures covered that most other mods including DynDOLOD do not. I have DynDOLOD  resources near the top, being overwritten by HDLOD Textures DynDOLOD version, and all of my other textures and mods overwrite those

Edited by EazyH

You should only need to hide the individual texture identified I should think. 

5 hours ago, EazyH said:

There is nothing being created, it just fast travels me there like I am playing. I sat around for a bit, but don’t see any indication a new CGID file was created, and when I exit the game, I have no new file in my overwrite or the grass folder

Sorry, my post said OnlyLoadFromCache =True when you actually need to set it to False for it to generate the file. 

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

Sorry, my post said OnlyLoadFromCache =True when you actually need to set it to False for it to generate the file. 

Ah, I ended up just reruunning for that worldspace and was good to go, but nice to know for next time

9 hours ago, EazyH said:

I went ahead and hid the terrain\lodgen folder included with HDLOD Textures, however nothing in TexGen or DynDOLOD resources conflicts with them. I was unsure if there was any merit in leaving them installed, since I was under the impression there were a few things HDLOD Textures covered that most other mods including DynDOLOD do not. I have DynDOLOD  resources near the top, being overwritten by HDLOD Textures DynDOLOD version, and all of my other textures and mods overwrite those

Of course you can install billboards for xLODGen/DynDOLOD 2.x included in mods. They still work.
But if you want better quality billboards and better looking and LOD, use TexGen to generate all desired billboards in addition to all the required/automatic billboards.

Read the first post.
"Since TexGen now generates billboards do not install any 3rd party billboards."

From the explanations for the not divisible b 4 log message: "In case there are 3rd party LOD billboards installed (textures in ..\data\textures\LODGen\*), remove all 3rd party LOD billboards and instead use TexGen to generate all the desired LOD billboards. See TexGen Configuration for more."

Also read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Billboards.html
"There is no need to install any LOD billboards from or for mods. See TexGen Configuration for more."
"Do not install 3rd party LOD billboards. Use TexGen to generate them."

On 10/23/2021 at 5:06 PM, DoubleYou said:

I know this is an old post but I ran into this issue. I tired to hide the cgid. file and it still came back with failed LodGenWin64.exe. I went ahead and deleted the file. It was "Tamrielx-023y0023"

I saw ya'll talking about being teleported to the area to recreate the file in game. I don't really know how to pin point which area this cgid. file belongs too, any advice? 

27 minutes ago, WhippyFaun said:

I saw ya'll talking about being teleported to the area to recreate the file in game. I don't really know how to pin point which area this cgid. file belongs too, any advice? 

The information is in the filename: Tamrielx-023y0023. That is Cell X -23 Y 23 in Worldspace Tamriel.

To teleport to that cell in game, open the console and enter the command:

cow tamriel -23 23

Or in general:

cow WorldEditorID CellX CellY

13 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

The information is in the filename: Tamrielx-023y0023. That is Cell X -23 Y 23 in Worldspace Tamriel.

To teleport to that cell in game, open the console and enter the command:

cow tamriel -23 23

Or in general:

cow WorldEditorID CellX CellY

I will try it. Thank you! So if everything works normally, all that happens is the file appears in overwrite or in my existing Grass Cache?

7 minutes ago, WhippyFaun said:

So if everything works normally, all that happens is the file appears in overwrite or in my existing Grass Cache?

Maybe, maybe not. You have not provided any information about your setup or your issue. I have no idea what they are. I only replied to your specific question.

I didn't read the entire topic. This entire topic is a disjointed mess. It talks about 2 completely unrelated issues.