MO2 Error Please help

xXTTVFAZEBTWYTXx

Question

Just downloaded MO2 to mod skyrim SE, i downloaded 3 mods to test run and when i was done click play and came up with 

Error 5 ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED: Access is denied. (0x5)

. binary: 'D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\Skyrim Special Edition (PC)\SkyrimSELauncher.exe'

. owner: GetEffectiveRightsFromAclW(), The access control list (ACL) structure is invalid. (0x538)

. rights: GetEffectiveRightsFromAclW(), The access control list (ACL) structure is invalid. (0x538)

. arguments: ''

. cwd: 'D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\Skyrim Special Edition (PC)'

. stdout: no, stderr: no, hooked: yes

. MO elevated: no

. usvfs x86:ok x64:ok proxy_x86:ok proxy_x64:ok

and failed to run I followed a guide when I set up MO2 so i dont know whats happening I dont use an anti-virus like it suggests to disable temporarily I can only think of one thing that could be wrong personally which is I own and used the Skyrim SE from the Microsoft store which when i made an instance said it might not run properley but acess denied doesnt sound like it could be realated if you have any answers on this please write them down thanks!

2134318761_SkyrimSpecialEditionModOrganizerv2.4.2(xXTTVFAZEBTWYTXx)23_10_202111_48_19pm.thumb.png.27716499d4c05db307f756842ca84630.png

1 answer to this question

If you purchased Skyrim Special Edition with Game Pass, you're probably out of luck. Games installed with Game Pass are encrypted and installed in special folders that cannot be accessed by users or administrators. Some of these games may have exposure points in C:\Program Files\ModiableWindowsApps, but I doubt Windows 10/Game Pass allows Mod Organizer's virtual file system to hook the skyrim.exe executable to present a virtual file system. You may be able to install some mods directly into the ModifableWindowsApps\Skyrim Special Edition (PC)\Data folder, but you won't be able to use any mods that require Skyrim Script Extender.