Need Help With Step 4-5 [Questions]

hypnosiix

Hello - I've been working my way through the guide and at the end of step 4 I have +3 Mods and +1 Plugin, so I am hoping I did not mess anything up. I also have a question in Step 5 about Rudy ENB. 

So first things first. At the end of step 2 I had the correct # of mods (73) At the end of Step 3 I had 121 Mods (Guide shows 118) I have reviewed my list and the guide multiple times now. I have everything from Step 3 listed in the left pane of MO2 in order (with nothing missing, nor did I see anything extra in my modlist). Should this be a big worry?

Step 4 > The extra plugin is SmoothWeapon.esm | The mod is hidden on Nexus so I could not download and use the FOMOD installer as instructed. I was able to find the author's website and downloaded the archives for Smooth Combat - Non Combat Animation System and  Smooth Magic Casting Animation.  I see both inside the left pane of MO2, but the animation system also had a plugin that the guide does not indicate having. Is this a big concern? Should I deactivate the plugin from the right pane or should I leave everything as is, or does someone know how to get the FOMOD installer?

Finally - Step 5. This is just clarification of language. Rudy ENB SE for Cathedral Weathers has 3 Main files and says it replaces Cathedral Weathers.esp) When I install part I do I need to update the name to Cathedral Weathers to overwrite it or how do I go about replacing a plugin?

Currently, when I install Part I it installs as Rudy ENB SE for Cathedral Weathers and shows up in my left pane (not the right/plugins). When I install part 2 it asks me to Merge/Replace with the Part I file. I clicked Merge. Still, there is nothing in the right pane about Rudy ENB (just the Cathedral Weathers.esp) - did I do something wrong, or do I just need to deactivate Cathedral Weathers.esp on both the left and right panes of MO2?

MAIN FILE: Rudy ENB Cathedral Weathers required files Part I
MAIN FILE: Rudy ENB Cathedral Weathers required files Part II
MAIN FILE: Rudy ENB SE for Cathedral Weathers
  • 0 ESP (Replaces Cathedral Weathers.ESP)

23 minutes ago, hypnosiix said:

Hello - I've been working my way through the guide and at the end of step 4 I have +3 Mods and +1 Plugin, so I am hoping I did not mess anything up. I also have a question in Step 5 about Rudy ENB. 

So first things first. At the end of step 2 I had the correct # of mods (73) At the end of Step 3 I had 121 Mods (Guide shows 118) I have reviewed my list and the guide multiple times now. I have everything from Step 3 listed in the left pane of MO2 in order (with nothing missing, nor did I see anything extra in my modlist). Should this be a big worry?

Step 4 > The extra plugin is SmoothWeapon.esm | The mod is hidden on Nexus so I could not download and use the FOMOD installer as instructed. I was able to find the author's website and downloaded the archives for Smooth Combat - Non Combat Animation System and  Smooth Magic Casting Animation.  I see both inside the left pane of MO2, but the animation system also had a plugin that the guide does not indicate having. Is this a big concern? Should I deactivate the plugin from the right pane or should I leave everything as is, or does someone know how to get the FOMOD installer?

Finally - Step 5. This is just clarification of language. Rudy ENB SE for Cathedral Weathers has 3 Main files and says it replaces Cathedral Weathers.esp) When I install part I do I need to update the name to Cathedral Weathers to overwrite it or how do I go about replacing a plugin?

Currently, when I install Part I it installs as Rudy ENB SE for Cathedral Weathers and shows up in my left pane (not the right/plugins). When I install part 2 it asks me to Merge/Replace with the Part I file. I clicked Merge. Still, there is nothing in the right pane about Rudy ENB (just the Cathedral Weathers.esp) - did I do something wrong, or do I just need to deactivate Cathedral Weathers.esp on both the left and right panes of MO2?

MAIN FILE: Rudy ENB Cathedral Weathers required files Part I
MAIN FILE: Rudy ENB Cathedral Weathers required files Part II
MAIN FILE: Rudy ENB SE for Cathedral Weathers
  • 0 ESP (Replaces Cathedral Weathers.ESP)

Sorry, but what guide are you talking about? We are supporting the SSE 1.0.0 guide on this topic. We do not have any ENB in that guide. The SSE dev guide (2.0.0) also doesn't instruct to install Rudy ENB (and we aren't supporting that guide yet).

25 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Sorry, but what guide are you talking about? We are supporting the SSE 1.0.0 guide on this topic. We do not have any ENB in that guide. The SSE dev guide (2.0.0) also doesn't instruct to install Rudy ENB (and we aren't supporting that guide yet).

Sorry I guess I should have specified this is for SkyREM https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/User:DrPharmDawg/SkyRem_Guide_Home , so I was hoping this forum could help me but maybe this is not the right place. This would be in Section I (Step 3), Section II (Step 4 and 5)

Edited by hypnosiix

12 minutes ago, hypnosiix said:

Sorry I guess I should have specified this is for SkyREM https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/User:DrPharmDawg/SkyRem_Guide_Home , so I was hoping this forum could help me but maybe this is not the right place. This would be in Section I (Step 3), Section II (Step 4 and 5)

Ahh ... that is an unofficial guide created and maintained by @DrPharmDawg https://stepmodifications.org/forum/profile/14375-drpharmdawg/

If he has not included any contact info, then you are out of luck. He doesn't respond to forum PMs as far as I have seen.

For Rudy, you just install P1 and merge P2 into that. If it provides a plugin for Cathedral Weathers and that plugin is named same as the CW official plugin ... AND you are using MO or Vortex, then it will override the original. Assets listed in the right pane of MO are the unique, 'winning' assets. If you don't understand how MO works, you should read our MO guide or use our System Setup Guide to get your environment set up for modding.

If you have more mods than the guide expects, it's most likely because either you didn't merge a couple of mods, or the guide did not instruct you to do so for some mods. Whenever you get more than one file from a mod page, they should generally be merged just for simplicity. Some people like to keep everything separate though. It doesn't matter.

• 1 month later...

Sorry - I am just seeing this. The vast majority of my communication and support is done via the SkyRem Discord. Given this question originated in august, it is likely irrelevant at this point as the guide has had a few updates since then.

I will try to monitor this a little more closely, not sure how I missed this. For more real time support please find me and the SkyRem dev team on the discord.

2 hours ago, DrPharmDawg said:

Sorry - I am just seeing this. The vast majority of my communication and support is done via the SkyRem Discord. Given this question originated in august, it is likely irrelevant at this point as the guide has had a few updates since then.

I will try to monitor this a little more closely, not sure how I missed this. For more real time support please find me and the SkyRem dev team on the discord.

Thanks for finally communicating on these forums so that we know you are a real person ;)

We can create a SkyRem 'forum' under our unsupported guide forum and basically lock it with a single topic pointing users to your Discord. PM me if this is interesting. The benefit is that your users will be able to find that if they mistakenly search these forums for SkyRem support.