DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

@sheson So Far so good. The Dyndolod file you send ran fine. Will check later ingame. No Issues so far with this version of dyndolod.
The best part is, I reinstalled no grass in objects yesterday, after that I ran the old dyndolod. Today I uninstalled Dyndolod and installed Dyndolod 3.0 again with your version you send. So all in all I think this is the most stable version I tested yet and even better I did the whole thing. So it seems whatever you did, it worked. :)

So I use DaveUHD Mountains. I never had this issue before. I just upgraded (like I said previously) from Alpha 0.39 to 0.42. 

This is the outcome. Maybe you could help me. Like I said before Dyndolod and Texgen ran fine. 

screenshot0-min_optimized.png

I know that Dave doesnt provide LOD's but it seems weird. 

12 minutes ago, dashr said:

Thanks. Which setting is it exactly? In The MCM? English is not my native tongue, so sometimes it is kinda hard to follow every suggestion. 

Just open the mentioned DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings page. Change the values under the Static Object LOD.

Read the DynDOLOD Manual "How LOD works in Skyrim"

17 minutes ago, dashr said:

Still the same. Cranked it all up to the max. I think I just run Majestic mountains for now on. These have LOD from you and will look better from afar. 

You might have mod(s) interfering with the UFHD mountains mod or its textures or maybe the LOD models included in DynDOLOD Resources.

Make sure nothing overwrites DynDOLOD Resources, nothing overwrites TexGen output and nothing overwrites DynDOLOD output.

It might be possible it is a problem of the snow LOD shaders being overwritten by a mod that does not work well with the mountains textures.

If I test just with the vanilla game and  UFHD mountain everything seems to look as it should.

14 minutes ago, dashr said:

So nothing should overwrite Resources? Interesting. Maybe I read that wrong I thought every file SHOULD overwrite Resources..

It is neither that simple. DynDOLOD Resources should be overwritten if that is specifically mentioned - by knowledge people or guides.  Like the LOD pack for Majestic Mountains.

Read "Overwrite/Load Orders" in the DynDOLOD manual.

15 minutes ago, dashr said:

@sheson could it be that Hyperborean Snow SE is interfering with the mountains? I loaded Hyperborean Snow AFTER Dave's UHD Mountains. Maybe thats the issue because Resources doesnt ask me to overwrite UHD Mountains. Only some other mods.

That is for you to find out. I do not know that mod and neither have tested  with it.

Any plugin modifying the snow LOD material shaders with the form id 00050372 or 0006AE38 will change how snow covered LOD mountain rocks will look.