CTD on load after saving with DynDOLOD

GOOGLEPOX

Question

Hey there,

I recently generated TexGen and DynDOLOD with no errors, but upon activating the esm and esp, any saves made after will instantly crash on load. Also, attempting to open those problematic save files in ReSaver gives a "Position Mismatch" error.

Crash Log

I've also attached a screenshot of the ReSaver error.

I thought it might be the reference limit, but Engine Fixes doesn't warn me about getting close.

Engine Fixes Log

Engine Fixes Memory Log

Any ideas on what could be the issue?

I tried changing the Temporary line to 1, but my load order is so large it resulted in too many masters and failed.

EDIT: I'm using DynDOLOD 3.00

post-14506-0-14642800-1612533043_thumb.png

Edited by GOOGLEPOX

4 answers to this question

If there are no warnings from SSE Engine fixes about reaching the reference handle limits than it is probably not it.

Testing with a new game I hope? Something like coc whiterun, then save?

Obviously the first test would be with MemoryManager = false  in EngineFixes.toml

The next would be see what happen if you disable whatever mod is undaunted.dll.

Though it seems likely an overflow/memory problems happens while saving. I would test with no compression or zip compression. e.g. [saveGame] uiCompression=1 or 0 instead of 2 for the problematic lz4. You might be exceeding the 128MB limit that SSE Engine fixes sets instead of the vanilla 64MB limit for lz4.

Also, see if using DynDOLOD.DLL helps.

The re-saver error seems odd, since both numbers are the same. But still it could provide a clue to what data type has a problem, if would could find where/what it is trying to read at that moment.

Edited by sheson

5 hours ago, Nino said:

how exactly did you do this? Im having the exact same issue and I cant find any other relevant discussions on it elsewhere. thanks

I am pretty sure he simply did one of the things I explained in the post above, which is also explained in the DynDOLOD FAQ "ILS or CTD"

If there are problems saving in Skyrim Special Edition, install SSE Engine Fixes 4.8 or newer and set SaveGameMaxSize = true in the EngineFixes.toml. Alternatively add/set [SaveGame] uiCompression=1 in Skyrim.INI to change from the default 2 for LZ4 to 1 for zlib compression. 0 means no compression like games are saved in Skyrim.