Creating Bashed Patch and found extra files in my Overwrite folder

PsychoDave

Question

So I made my way through the S.T.E.P 2.10.0 guide, I chose the extended path, and created my Bashed patch. 

I followed all the steps, added the LOOT meta rules where I needed to, cleaned what the guide told me to with

TES5Edit.  Now, after I have created my Bashed patch I see there are extra files in the "Overwrite" folder.  What

do I do with them?

post-5503-0-85380300-1542696629_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Dave

4 answers to this question

This is generally a lot easier if you move files from overwrite to a mod or a new mod after each step to keep the overwrite folder clean. As it stands now, you have a few choices:

• Move the "TES5Edit Backups" folder to the mods they belong or create a new mod for these. I suspect these are the original mods after you cleaned them so you could theoretically delete if if you've confirmed the cleaned mods are good. For now, I would just create an empty mod named something like "TES5Edit Backups", open Overwrite, and drag this folder to the "TES5Edit Backup" mod. This way you still have the originals just in case these are needed.
  • Open Overwrite and drag the SKSE folder to the SKSE mod
  • It looks as if the "INI Tweaks" folder is empty. Assuming it is empty, you can delete this folder from Overwrite. If it is not empty, you'll need to drag it to the mod it goes with.
  • This should leave only "Bashed Patch, 0.esp" and the Docs folder remaining, so right click Overwrite, click Create Mod, and name it "Bashed Patch" or something similar.

Thank you, I appreciate the reply!  I dont know if I missed it, maybe I did but, is this addressed at all in the S.T.E.P guide?  That when you run TES5Edit you need to check the Overwrite folder and take care of it at the time rather than wait until the end?

Again, many thanks!

Dave

Step 2B Clean the Update ESM contains instructions on what to do with the files in Overwrite after you clean Update.esm and it's perhaps assumed similar steps should be following when LOOT indicates a mod should be cleaned. The page on creating the bashed patch contains similar instructions for moving the files/folders in Overwrite to a new mod. You may also find some files are created in Overwrite after you run the game (I think the SKSE plugin ini files you were seeing) and then you can move into a mod as well, but I don't think this is explicitly spelled out in the guide.