xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 112 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Excuse me, 
in the LOD generation the distant background has a rainbow texture and the ground is squares like this, what settings should I use to generate the LOD to avoid this phenomenon?

v6p9jVZ.jpeg

NBe0PRR.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Umekobucha said:

Excuse me, 
in the LOD generation the distant background has a rainbow texture and the ground is squares like this, what settings should I use to generate the LOD to avoid this phenomenon?

v6p9jVZ.jpeg

NBe0PRR.jpeg

Upload the FNVLODGen_log.txt.

Verify the generated terrain LOD textures in the output folder directly.

Make a screenshot in the game of the full terrain with LOD disabled via tll in console.

Use the default settings.

31 minutes ago, sheson said:

Upload the FNVLODGen_log.txt.

Verify the generated terrain LOD textures in the output folder directly.

Make a screenshot in the game of the full terrain with LOD disabled via tll in console.

Use the default settings.

Roger that.

I couldn't write in pastebin due to size limit, so I'll upload the txt file as it is.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ch2d0tlh3g2tocg/LODGen_log.txt/file

There are many generated folders, so I don't know which one to check, but I found this one. Is this relevant?

ArUb9WU.png

I ran the command tll at the same location

dC4Mzzp.jpegLHpbQDz.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Umekobucha said:

Roger that.

I couldn't write in pastebin due to size limit, so I'll upload the txt file as it is.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ch2d0tlh3g2tocg/LODGen_log.txt/file

There are many generated folders, so I don't know which one to check, but I found this one. Is this relevant?

ArUb9WU.png

I ran the command tll at the same location

dC4Mzzp.jpegLHpbQDz.jpeg

You uploaded is LODGen_log.txt. Upload the FNVLODGen_log.txt instead.

See Terrain-LOD-Readme.txt
Textures
FNV, FO3 ..Data\Textures\Landscape\Lod\<Worldspace>\[diffuse|normal]\<Worldspace>.n.Level*.x*.y*.dds

The screenshot seems to show a problem with diffuse textures and not the normal textures. So check the textures in the diffuse folder.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, sheson said:

You uploaded is LODGen_log.txt. Upload the FNVLODGen_log.txt instead.

See Terrain-LOD-Readme.txt
Textures
FNV, FO3 ..Data\Textures\Landscape\Lod\<Worldspace>\[diffuse|normal]\<Worldspace>.n.Level*.x*.y*.dds

The screenshot seems to show a problem with diffuse textures and not the normal textures. So check the textures in the diffuse folder.

FNVLDGen_lig.txt

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3z8sazw5czjelkd/FNVLODGen_log.txt/file

Textures

keAq9C3.pngm8DQFRy.png

Edited by Umekobucha

14 minutes ago, Umekobucha said:

The FNVLODGen_log.txt you upload shows no LOD generation. The tools was started, finished loading plugins and then was presumably closed.

The screenshot of the diffuse textures folder you uploaded shows no issues. It seems xLODGen generated perfectly fine textures. Make sure they use the DXT1 compression format. If that is the case, whatever the issue you have in the game has nothing to do with those textures shown in the screenshots.

Make sure those textures are not overwritten by other mods. Check the same folder with MO2's Explorer++ via starting "Explore Virtual Folder" from MO2 executable drop down.
Doublecheck the noise overlay texture ..\Data\textures\effects\noisemap.dds

4 hours ago, Umekobucha said:

I'm sorry, I don't know what that means anymore, I'm so confused.

You would need to specify what you need further explanations or help for.

If the textures look fine when checking them outside the game, then this usually means the issue happens in the game and/or does not have to do with those textures. Provided the texture have a supported compression format like DXT1, which is the default setting in xLODGen. Typically the game crashes when encountering unsupported formats, though. Or the game is actually loading different textures.

2 hours ago, ElDorado said:

following the viva new vegas guide for lods, some lods missing near cottonwood cove

Z9lrEaC.png

E3h9aU5.png

and here the whole river is missing

Rxo8TGL.png

here's the log https://dropmefiles.com/K26dO

If you have problems following a third party guide, you need to ask its author or on its forum/discord.

xLODGen generates LOD with the data from the plugins and the assets in the load order.

This is what I get after generating terrain and object LOD for the vanilla game:

ScreenShot10.jpgScreenShot9.jpg

Check how the areas look when fully loaded. Is the terrain and/or water there then?

Check which plugins are the last to overwrite the cell (for water) and land (for terrain) records. Use xEdit cell finder (Ctrl+Shift+F).

Check/Upload ..\Data\meshes\landscape\lod\WastelandNV\WastelandNV.Level16.X0.Y-32.nif and WastelandNV.Level16.X16.Y-32.nif for obvious missing terrain in NifSkpope. 

To see the water planes, click the "Show Hidden" icon that looks like an eye with a diagonal red line. Water LOD is always "displaced" in those NIFs, like so:

Untitled-1.png

Ive run the game so the inis do exist and they are exactly where they should be

Using MO2, in the argument line I put -tes5vr -o:"C:\xLODGen_Output\"

Yet I get the error, and a text box with this bit

Using Skyrim VR Data Path: 
Using Scripts Path: E:\Skyrim MO\Utilities\Dyndotools\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\
Using ini: 
Fatal: Could not find ini

Ive looked all around and cant figure out where I went wrong?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sheson said:

Check how the areas look when fully loaded. Is the terrain and/or water there then?

Yes

Forgot to mention, on the missing terrain, it depends on camera position - sometimes it's missing, sometimes is fine

I will check on nifskope

EDIT - On first glance nothing wrong in nifskope, I will try to contact the author of the plugin that last override the records

Edited by ElDorado

6 hours ago, Kyopsis23 said:

Ive run the game so the inis do exist and they are exactly where they should be

Using MO2, in the argument line I put -tes5vr -o:"C:\xLODGen_Output\"

Yet I get the error, and a text box with this bit

Using Skyrim VR Data Path: 
Using Scripts Path: E:\Skyrim MO\Utilities\Dyndotools\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\
Using ini: 
Fatal: Could not find ini

Ive looked all around and cant figure out where I went wrong?

Post the entire TES5VRLODGen_log.txt.
Copy and paste the entire command line arguments set in MO2. Post a screenshot of the Modify Executable window that shows all settings.

10 hours ago, ElDorado said:

Yes

Forgot to mention, on the missing terrain, it depends on camera position - sometimes it's missing, sometimes is fine

I will check on nifskope

EDIT - On first glance nothing wrong in nifskope, I will try to contact the author of the plugin that last override the records

If the LOD files look OK and also contain the water planes, then the data in plugins is NOT causing the problem.

This sounds like a problem with AABB culling. As a test, check if it also happens with "LOD Fixes and Improvements - NVSE" temporality disabled.

5 hours ago, sheson said:

If the LOD files look OK and also contain the water planes, then the data in plugins is not causing the problem.

This sounds like a problem with AABB culling. As a test, check if it also happens with "LOD Fixes and Improvements - NVSE" temporality disabled.

I tried disabling both the mod you mentioned and "strip region light fix" which is the mod the last override the cells, no luck

here's a video to better show the problem

https://streamable.com/ebnvx6

and

https://streamable.com/vb0itz