Can not find DynDOLOD Resources SE Core Files

jcamp

Question

post-12775-0-69861700-1527044466_thumb.png

I manually installed the resource files and have it checked on ModOrganizer2, they are up-to-date with my standalone files, added the -sse argument and now I'm generally confused because my TextGen worked completely fine but DynDOLOD refuses to work. Can anyone help me with this? 

4 hours ago, isJeffu said:

Hi, I keep receiving this error and am pretty stumped as what to do.

DynDOLOD Resources SE: 2.88 <= 2.88 <= 2.96
[00:00:08.198]    SSE 3463134862 Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources SE core files required to create improved LOD. Do not install DynDOLOD Resources intended for Skyrim. Do not modify files from DynDOLOD Resources SE. Verify the archive or files were not corrupted.

Dyndolod resources SE is installed via MO2, Dyndolod, TexGen and LODGen all have the correct -SSE, -o arguments in MO. Have looked at many similar forum posts and can't seem to find a solution.

As the error says, do not install DynDOLOD Resources. Install DynDOLOD Resources SE for Skyrim Special Edition.
There is at least one file from DynDOLOD Resources installed / overwriting DynDOLOD Resources SE.

1 hour ago, isJeffu said:

This is the version is downloaded and installed via Mod Organizer and yes it is the SSE version. I have included images to show the exact download from nexus I used, what happens when I run DynDOLOD and also where I have installed DynDOLOD Resources SE. I have included my executables list to show I have the correct arguments and to show where my filepaths are.

I hope this helps with identifying the issue as I'm pretty much at a loss.

Dyndolod picture.PNG

image.png

mod organizer.PNG

-sse.PNG

xLODgen.PNG

texgen.PNG

As the DynDOLOD manual installation instructions explain, do not mix with old versions or xEdit/xLODGen installation.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:54 PM, z929669 said:

See the OP of this thread for downloads. You must download the latest Resources SE version for DynDOLOD 2.xx. You must install correct DynDOLOD version for SSE using links in this OP. You must NOT use DynDOLOD Alpha 3.00 resources with DynDOLOD 2.xx.

I can almost guarantee that you are either downloading one of the wrong versions or that you have incompatible Resources from another version in your load order OR you have an incomplete download/install from MO.

Try using the Mega links in the OP to manually download/install compatible versions.

Can confirm using the Mega links solved my issue and Dyndolod now works. I was experiencing problems using the files directly from Dyndolod's Skyrim SE page at this link https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32382?tab=files

I did as you guys said and moved the Texgen, xLodgen and dyndolod files to their own seperate folders but i still had the same error at that point, only after uninstalling it all and using the mega links on here did my issue resolve. I appreciate the help and hope this helps others with the same issue. As for the mod author i suggest looking into the nexus links as they were causing problems.

11 hours ago, isJeffu said:

As for the mod author i suggest looking into the nexus links as they were causing problems.

The DynDOLOD Resource SE archive on Nexus has been uploaded in January and downloaded over a 114,000 times. If the files actually had an issue it would have been long reported and fixed. Files uploaded Nexus are exactly the same files as uploaded to Nexus.

In particular the DynDOLOD Resource SE for Skyrim Special Edition does not contain files from DynDOLOD Resources for Skyrim as found by the error check and message.

37 minutes ago, halo said:

i have the same issue but im in sse.

2021-12-13 (2)[64].png

Carefully read the relevant OP in the DynDOLOD forums, download the correct files, and install according to the documentation. Remove all 3rd party billboards if you are running DynDOLOD 3 (recommended). Read the instructions for using DynDOLOD DLL if you are not using Papyrus (both can be installed, but setup with DynDOLOD Resources is different).

Get the correct DynDOLOD Resources for SSE from the MEGA link in the OP. Use the -sse game switch in MO executable config.

3 hours ago, halo said:

i have the same issue but im in sse.

2021-12-13 (2)[64].png

Do not post screenshots of text. Post the text instead.

The screenshot of MO2 is useless as it can not show the entire files and folders of the DynDOLOD Resources SE.

It is always the same reasons as explained already in the message and the second post of this thread.

The game should not be installed into special Windows folder like Program Files x86 to avoid problems with UAC, anti vir etc.

A quick addition to all of these already extremely helpful posts:
I've used a symbolic link to bring my Steam Apps to a simpler directory
(e.g. C:/Games/Steam -> C:/Launchers/Steam/steamapps/common)

Unfortunately this causes MO2 to virtualize to symbolic path but not the real one, and DynDOLOD acts via the real one, so no installed mods can be resolved.

So, when running DynDOLOD via MO2 make sure your game path is specified via the real path, then restore it back to the symbolic path for gameplay or other tools that have already been configured.

I installed both main app and resources using vortex, and manually verified that the files were there. But when I run DynDOLODx64, it ends with the following error message: Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources core files required to create improved LOD.  RTFM DynDOLOD_Manual.html requirements section.  Verify the core files from DynDOLOD Resources archive has been installed completly.  Verify the game is starting in the desired game mode. Current mode: TES5 Current Data path E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\.  Here's where I think the problem is. My actual data path is  E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\. Why/how is this happening?

Start the tool in SSE mode for Skyrim Special Edition if you want to generate LOD for Skyrim Special Edition.

From DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html / DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html

Add -sse as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim Special Edition mode. See DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt for help.

2.98 resources are broken, installed but dyndolod 2.98 won't recognise it:

"Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources SE core files required to create improved LOD.  RTFM DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html requirements section.  Verify the core files from DynDOLOD Resources SE archive has been installed completly.  Verify the game is starting in the desired game mode. Current mode: SSE Current Data path C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\"

dyndolod recognises if 3.00 files are installed instead of 2.98 but won't work since are newer version

also,resources mod 7z's file name is also bugged: "DynDOLODDynDOLOD Resources SE-32382-2-98-1642374074.7z" , dunno if that causes any problem

10 hours ago, Ryleth said:

2.98 resources are broken, installed but dyndolod 2.98 won't recognise it:

"Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources SE core files required to create improved LOD.  RTFM DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html requirements section.  Verify the core files from DynDOLOD Resources SE archive has been installed completly.  Verify the game is starting in the desired game mode. Current mode: SSE Current Data path C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\"

dyndolod recognises if 3.00 files are installed instead of 2.98 but won't work since are newer version

also,resources mod 7z's file name is also bugged: "DynDOLODDynDOLOD Resources SE-32382-2-98-1642374074.7z" , dunno if that causes any problem

The archive on Nexus has been uploaded 3 months ago and has been downloaded by 38,000 users and none reported an issue. The filename is irrelevant to the contents.

If the download did not complete, download it again. Make sure the download is complete. Then install the DynDOLOD Core files via a mod manager.

DynDOLOD does a simple check if certain key files from DynDOLOD Resources Core Files exist in the mentioned data path. If they are not the message is prompted. Make sure the mentioned data path is where the game and Core Files are (virtually) installed.

Hi as the title suggest I think that DynDOLOD searches in the wrong directory because I get the "Can not find DynDOLOD Resources core files required to create improved LOD."

I use the SSE version of Skyrim not LE

The DynDOLOD executable is set up as through Mod organiser 2.4.2:

Title: DynDOLOD

Binary: C:\Skyrim Modding Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe

Start in:

Arguments: -sse

When I launch it, it ends with an error saying: Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources SE core files required to create improved LOD.  RTFM DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html requirements section.  Verify the core files from DynDOLOD Resources SE archive has been installed completly.  Verify the game is starting in the desired game mode. Current mode: SSE Current Data path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\

But I'm 99% sure I installed the Resources file correctly ( See attached file)

Shouldn't it search in "C:\The Phoenix Flavour\mods"  instead  of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\. Yes I use the Phoenix Flavour since it contains about 70% of my favorite mods.

So my Skyrim is installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

My mod folder in: C:\The Phoenix Flavour\mods 

DynDOLOD Resources SE is installed in: C:\The Phoenix Flavour\mods\DynDOLOD Resources SE

What should I do to fix this? move my mod folder to Skyrim Special Edition\Data? I'm afraid i'll break my mod list/loading order.

Thanks in advance!

Naamloos.png

On 4/26/2022 at 3:09 AM, Blackened595 said:

Hi as the title suggest I think that DynDOLOD searches in the wrong directory because I get the "Can not find DynDOLOD Resources core files required to create improved LOD."

I use the SSE version of Skyrim not LE

The DynDOLOD executable is set up as through Mod organiser 2.4.2:

Title: DynDOLOD

Binary: C:\Skyrim Modding Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe

Start in:

Arguments: -sse

When I launch it, it ends with an error saying: Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources SE core files required to create improved LOD.  RTFM DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html requirements section.  Verify the core files from DynDOLOD Resources SE archive has been installed completly.  Verify the game is starting in the desired game mode. Current mode: SSE Current Data path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\

But I'm 99% sure I installed the Resources file correctly ( See attached file)

Shouldn't it search in "C:\The Phoenix Flavour\mods"  instead  of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\. Yes I use the Phoenix Flavour since it contains about 70% of my favorite mods.

So my Skyrim is installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

My mod folder in: C:\The Phoenix Flavour\mods 

DynDOLOD Resources SE is installed in: C:\The Phoenix Flavour\mods\DynDOLOD Resources SE

What should I do to fix this? move my mod folder to Skyrim Special Edition\Data? I'm afraid i'll break my mod list/loading order.

Thanks in advance!

Naamloos.png

Read and learn how MO2 works. If you have problems how to use MO2, check its documentation and help forum, discord etc. DynDOLOD, like any other tools or the game itself do not care about mod managers or how they work. They expect their files at the usual location. Physically or virtually.

From the manual:
"Install the Core Files from either DynDOLOD Resources or DynDOLOD Resources SE depending on the used game version, which contain the folders 'interface', 'meshes', 'textures' and 'scripts' into the games 'Data' folder. Typically overwrite any files or refer to Load/Overwrite Orders. Install other options from DynDOLOD Resources into games 'Data' folder as desired."

Install the DynDOLOD Resources SE as any other mod via the mod manager install function. Activate the mod. Use the MO2 right Windows data tab to check the virtual data folder. Start the tools or game through the mod manager.

Do not install the game into special Windows folders like Program Files x86 to avoid issues with Windows UAC, antivir etc.. Follow any basic modding guide that explains these rudimentary modding things.