Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I removed the ENB completely and my FPS went from 13 to 31 in Solitude. What should I actually expect there?

Hard to say - depends entirely on your rig. Even without an ENB, this is a pretty intensive guide. That said, with a 1070 and Rembrant ENB, I manage all outside areas around the high 40s to low 50s... so if you are only getting 31 in Solitude with no ENB at all, this guide MAY be too much for your rig without giving up some things. Something to consider... nothing more.

If you look on the Log tab to see the changelog, there are a heap of Fixes, New Features and Improvements. It's possible that maybe one of these has broken something and/or may require 2.1.6 to be tested and/or has changed the way we need to go about things in the pre-req guide perhaps !?

Unlikely. I've been running the pre-releases of 2.1.6 for a while now and have no problems with SKSE showing up... it autodetects the files when they are dropped into the correct locations. I haven't done the full update yet, but I think it, as I said, unlikely to break a core portion of the program that had no reason to be altered in the first place.

I can't open [Obsidian Weathers And Seasons - Beyond Skyrim Bruma Patch] in SSEEdit. I get attachicon.gifCapture.PNG . Thanks for your help.

The last line in the window before the shut down said it was looking for BSHeartland.esm. Make sure that the mod for it is loaded and checked in the right pane and that it's loaded near the top of the list, then give it another shot. If it's still not working, then you might want to open another thread in the xEdit forums to get some help with the issue.

Good evening, started the guide today and so far so good, I hope.

I'm really looking forward to the end result since I haven't touched Skyrim in a while and I'm missing it.

I can't imagine the work that goes into making and maintain this guide, so first let me thank everyone involved.

I have some questions regarding adding mods that aren't in the guide (and possibly making suggestions out of them?).

I'm currently at the World Encounters/Quests part of the guide and it's missing a mod I really enjoyed the first time I played it, Clockwork: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4155

I'm wondering if I could run into any major issues if I just added it mid-way into the guide or if I should install it after I'm finished with the guide. I'm mostly concerned about the gameplay overhauls that I've yet to install and how they conflict/change this kind (new quests/new lands) of mods.

Clockwork is an example, I might run into some other mods I'd like to add as I look through the Nexus.

I'm also considering some armor mods I've always used:

Hedge Mage: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5269

Adventurer's Mashup Comp: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8593

The Lily: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8608

zzjay's Wardrobe: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9607

Gilded Doublet: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21435

Regal Huntsman: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9368

I see that the armors added by the guide have consistency patches made specifically for them, what would I need to do to make sure these armors I add work just as well as the ones from the guide?

Edited by fruitsp

I'm also considering some armor mods I've always used:

Hedge Mage: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5269

Adventurer's Mashup Comp: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8593

The Lily: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8608

zzjay's Wardrobe: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9607

Gilded Doublet: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21435

Regal Huntsman: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9368

I see that the armors added by the guide have consistency patches made specifically for them, what would I need to do to make sure these armors I add work just as well as the ones from the guide?

While I can't advise on consistency patches, either how they've been applied to armors already in the guide or the ones you want to add...

I can make a suggestion in case you hadn't already considered it -- make a custom personal merge called something like "My Item Merge" and just drop everything you want to add into it. This is what I have done, adding dozens of armors, clothes, fashion jewelry, etc. (my PC and followers must always be dressed to kill! LOL)

make a custom personal merge called something like "My Item Merge" and just drop everything you want to add into it.

Yeah, this is what I was planning for armors and weapons since they're always the simplest mods to merge.

In this case I was mostly wondering if the consistency patches touch the stats of the armors from the guide, and if I would have balancing issues with over/underpowered armors.

Edited by fruitsp

Coming back to this thread after a few weeks away -- I have a save still going strong at level 61 based on a build from mid October (Skyrim v 1.5.50, so 2 beth patches behind, and pre-experience). While I have encountered some CTDs here and there, they have been minimal. Perhaps a couple dozen at most over probably a few hundred hours of gameplay (I wander around alot!). The most stable Skyrim experience I have ever had. Many thanks to Lexy, the team, and everyone involved...An absolutely outstanding Skyrim experience!

One thing I wasn't all too crazy about was the Dawnguard delay until level 40. I felt this was just too long to wait, esp. considering in my install Serana tops out at level 50. For whatever reason - this may be an error in my bash/smash/zpatch. The specialeditionfollowers.esp has her max level zero'd, which didn't get carried over, because (I think) my NPC retexture merge changed it back to 50 (this may no longer be true, since my NPC retexture merge is a couple months old). Anyhow, it's an easy fix and not a big deal at all...but I would suggest considering lowering the Dawnguard delay. Since I've decided to nuke my save and re-roll I'll check out these changes, perhaps make a custom hand edit patch to my liking.

Overall an outstanding Skyrim (semi) playthrough -- I didn't finish any questlines other than the companions and moonpaths, but got very far into most. Thank you again!

Yeah, this is what I was planning for armors and weapons since they're always the simplest mods to merge.

In this case I was mostly wondering if the consistency patches touch the stats of the armors from the guide, and if I would have balancing issues with over/underpowered armors.

True...  you bring up an excellent point, I actually hadn't considered that (doh). Some time ago I had used the great equalizer script, but I am gonna bet that I've likely been running around with OP gear in some cases.

The consistency patches do exactly what you think - they touch the stats and (in some cases) the crafting recipe. One of the guys went through them over a few weeks and changed the stats to be closer and more inline with the materials used in their crafting. Pepper brought up using the Great Equalizer script, which used to be part of this guide, but that has been gone for a few months or so - supposedly it redid all the weapon and armor stats to make things a little less OP/UP, but according to Lexy, it never really worked all that well.

The short version is that you can add whatever you want, though I'd wait until after the base installation of the guide and put them at the end. Where the other armor mods you are looking at are concerned, just be aware that they may end up being more OP or UP than you would like. 

The consistency patches do exactly what you think - they touch the stats and (in some cases) the crafting recipe. One of the guys went through them over a few weeks and changed the stats to be closer and more inline with the materials used in their crafting. Pepper brought up using the Great Equalizer script, which used to be part of this guide, but that has been gone for a few months or so - supposedly it redid all the weapon and armor stats to make things a little less OP/UP, but according to Lexy, it never really worked all that well.

The short version is that you can add whatever you want, though I'd wait until after the base installation of the guide and put them at the end. Where the other armor mods you are looking at are concerned, just be aware that they may end up being more OP or UP than you would like. 

Thanks for the responses. 

Yeah, as I thought, it's probably safer to add the stuff I want after everything is done. If I have issues with balancing I guess I can change some values values through SSEEdit or the Creation Kit.

xEdit is likely the easiest way - I've looked into the CK once or twice, and it's.... scary in there.

Just so I can be clear - add them in AFTER the main portion of the guide, but BEFORE you work the Finishing Line portion of the guide. This will ensure maximum compatibility and integration with the main portion of the guide.

Edited by Shadriss

Hi guys! For the Weather system merged, are we suppose to add the WetandCold.esp in the merged patch? I know this mod is not listed on the merged page, but if I don't add it, I received the "non-contiguous" error message.

Both Wet&Cold - WaterFix - Addon.esp and Obsidian_TS_Wet&Cold_Patch.esp are loaded after WetandCold.esp in my load order (according to LOOT).

Do I have to adjust my load order? How can we make this merge without issues?

Edited by MetalheadVez

Non-Contiguous only means that the mods that you have set to go into that merge are not in one block. In the merge instructions, you are told to move all the mods in that merge to the bottom, in the order listed - Wet and Cold shouldn't be in that merge, and so should not be moved to the bottom with the rest of the mods for that. LOOT is used for initial placement, with all the merged mods moved to the bottom afterwards.

Hard to say - depends entirely on your rig. Even without an ENB, this is a pretty intensive guide. That said, with a 1070 and Rembrant ENB, I manage all outside areas around the high 40s to low 50s... so if you are only getting 31 in Solitude with no ENB at all, this guide MAY be too much for your rig without giving up some things. Something to consider... nothing more.

I've been removing some stuff and replacing others with less intensive textures. With xLODGEN and DynDOLOD would using 248 rather then 512 help? (I may not be using the correct numbers but I think you'll know what I mean.)

Any suggestions on what can be removed that would help?

Edited by rayhne

So I have a follow up question from my question about broken masters in the Conflict Resolution Patch.  The Troubleshooting instructions simply say to check for errors in xEdit, and then remove them once they're located.  I'm a bit loathe to just start deleting stuff in xEdit without knowing what I'm looking for, so would anyone be so kind as to elaborate on the process?  I'm comfortable opening up the esp in the left panel and seeing colors and stuff, and in the right panel I know that things can be dragged from esp to esp, or deleted entirely.  What I don't know if what exactly does a broken reference in a CR patch look like?  I've got about 70 errors because I haven't installed Vigilant or done an ELE Merged, so if anyone can help me out here, I'd be super grateful.  Thank you!

So I have a follow up question from my question about broken masters in the Conflict Resolution Patch.  The Troubleshooting instructions simply say to check for errors in xEdit, and then remove them once they're located.  I'm a bit loathe to just start deleting stuff in xEdit without knowing what I'm looking for, so would anyone be so kind as to elaborate on the process?  I'm comfortable opening up the esp in the left panel and seeing colors and stuff, and in the right panel I know that things can be dragged from esp to esp, or deleted entirely.  What I don't know if what exactly does a broken reference in a CR patch look like?  I've got about 70 errors because I haven't installed Vigilant or done an ELE Merged, so if anyone can help me out here, I'd be super grateful.  Thank you!

Never mind to this, I've figured it out myself.  Of course I'm back with another question.  I've followed the Cleaning Missing Masters process to a T to clean ELE - Merged as a master for the SMASH Override CR Patch, and it's not working.  I make dummy masters in Bash, load it in xEdit, find the conflicts, remove ALL of them, save, reopen in xEdit, Clean Masters, and nothing's happening.  I don't know what else to look for in order to make it be free of ELE Merged.  The above process worked like a charm for the main CR patch and the Followers CR patch, so I have no idea why it's not cleaning the masters now.  Anyone have any ideas?