Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Lexy or team members hi! Small query if i may. Installed LOOT (as per prereq page) and created the relevant mod groups. I have noticed a slight difference to the video and final picture to what i have....i.e my LOOT has: DLC leads into creation club, into light masters, and then normal up to default. The branch of none created mod groups, that runs from core mods are thus: core mods into alternative starts, into immersive citizens and then into open cities, as opposed to the final picture that has no creation club, light masters and then core mods runs first into open cities, alternative start, immersive citizens, HPO. So then, is the final picture and video just a reflection of an earlier version of LOOT and it's pre-built mod groups, or has it already begun that i have something wrong? Appreciate any feed back

The Screenshot and little video I created are slightly out of date with LOOT but fundamentally not much has changed but I'll do a new one.

Edit: just updated the LOOT Mod Group Screenshot and sexy little video.

• +1 1

For those that need the v1.5.39 here a micro-tutorial from this steam-post:
[spoiler=Get back v1.5.39 .exe]1. Open a command window "Run" by pressing «Win + R» and then enter the command: steam://open/console, and then press Enter. That will open the steam console.

2. Type "download_depot 489830 489833 1298692161422189837" in it (suggested by InsaneShad0w92), that will download v1.5.39.
3. Wait for the download to finish and you're good to go.

Thank you all for the excellent guide.  I am having two problems at the moment that are keeping me from moving on to the next step in the guide.  Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask these questions.

[Veydosebrom - Grasses and Groundcover] is currently hidden by the mod author. Since it is marked as core and is included in trees and fauna merged how should I proceed?

[unique Border Gates SE] Is posted in the Skyrim SE section of the Nexus. Does it still need to be converted?

I have been working through your guide for the last few days and find it very well done.  Thank you for doing what you do.  ::):

MongeHDS hi! Thank you kindly for that post in regards to Skyrim exe v1.5.39. One small question to the team. Finished doing prerequisite page and all's running. But is it advisable to have all the Skyrim SE tools in it's own folder on my e: drive, outside of the main Skyrim folder and MO2 folder...BAR Wyre bash and xLODGEN as per instructions. My concern is largely zedit and smash...yes in MO2 the tools are linked to the tools folder. I have always had the tools separate from main Skyrim folder( that is with LE), but i had a lot of trouble with MO2 earlier in the year and CCleaner etc losing links from tools. So i would rather nail this down now before moving on....thank you

Thank you all for the excellent guide.  I am having two problems at the moment that are keeping me from moving on to the next step in the guide.  Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask these questions.

[Veydosebrom - Grasses and Groundcover] is currently hidden by the mod author. Since it is marked as core and is included in trees and fauna merged how should I proceed?

[unique Border Gates SE] Is posted in the Skyrim SE section of the Nexus. Does it still need to be converted?

I have been working through your guide for the last few days and find it very well done.  Thank you for doing what you do.  ::):

I suggest swapping Veydosebrom for Verdant it is a straight swap. I can't find information on why Veydosebrom was pulled but if it doesn't come back next week I'll swap to Verdant instead.

UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp need to run through the Creation Kit improperly converted.

MongeHDS hi! Thank you kindly for that post in regards to Skyrim exe v1.5.39. One small question to the team. Finished doing prerequisite page and all's running. But is it advisable to have all the Skyrim SE tools in it's own folder on my e: drive, outside of the main Skyrim folder and MO2 folder...BAR Wyre bash and xLODGEN as per instructions. My concern is largely zedit and smash...yes in MO2 the tools are linked to the tools folder. I have always had the tools separate from main Skyrim folder( that is with LE), but i had a lot of trouble with MO2 earlier in the year and CCleaner etc losing links from tools. So i would rather nail this down now before moving on....thank you

I have an everything all my tool and MO2 outside the main Skyrim SE folder.

• +1 1

Thank you so much for your quick response!  There are a few more things that I have noticed like files that have been updated.  I usually just use the matching older files.  There is one that has been updated that may cause problems though.

[Expanded Towns and Cities (SSE)] Has been updated to version 0.3.8 with no older file available.  The mod author seems to have added several things. It is also marked as core so I really don't want to skip it.  One further note, after installing this version MO2 crashed. I am not sure if it has anything to do with the file or not, just an FYI to those who know far more about this stuff than I do.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13552?tab=files

Thanks again for the swift reply, I guess you know how it is when you are in the middle of a project and hit a bump in the road.  ::):  

Since I am currently using the guide would you like a list of files that have been updated or have changed from what is in the guide?  It would be no problem since I am doing it now.

Edited by Oremonger

Thank you so much for your quick response!  There are a few more things that I have noticed like files that have been updated.  I usually just use the matching older files.  There is one that has been updated that may cause problems though.

[Expanded Towns and Cities (SSE)] Has been updated to version 0.3.8 with no older file available.  The mod author seems to have added several things. It is also marked as core so I really don't want to skip it.  One further note, after installing this version MO2 crashed. I am not sure if it has anything to do with the file or not, just an FYI to those who know far more about this stuff than I do.

Thanks again for the swift reply, I guess you know how it is when you are in the middle of a project and hit a bump in the road.  ::):  

Since I am currently using the guide would you like a list of files that have been updated or have changed from what is in the guide?  It would be no problem since I am doing it now.

yeah I know am a bit behind on updates due the summer holidays and my kids occupying my time but I'll be back to work next week. you can use v0.3.8.

Thank the guys over on Discord have been keeping me up to date on mods that need sorting as well as my Dev Team. There are quite a of things of my Tello to do list an update is coming sometime next week.

Thank you Lexy...now the true fun begins and school starts again in three days time...bet you can't wait

I am counting down T-minus 3 days (well 2 days and so many hours now)

• +1 1

Thanks again, I may just wait for a week or two and start over.  I really like doing this anyway, It is almost as fun as actually playing the game itself to me.  Thanks to you and your guide I have been exposed to several mods that I had forgotten about or was unaware of.  It will probably take me a day or so to go back and endorse them all.  ::P:  

I am learning so much, and I am very thankful that you all have created this guide.  I have been so excited about this upcoming playthrough that I have even gotten a few friends back into the game.  I still have an old profile that I can play for now, and with what I have learned I can improve on my mod load out in that one.

Thanks again!

WRT ETaC - the updates MissJennabee provides are largely expanding the list of towns or fixing bugs in areas she's already covered. Updating to the latest version won't be a problem (as Lexy mentioned) so long as you use the same install options as shown originally - IE, Riverwood and associated patches only. That way, nothing new is inserted into the guide, and you get any bugfixes for the mod associated with Riverwood as well. As a general statement, this is true of MOST mods in the guide - so long as something fundamental in mod doesn't change, the updates can be inserted using the same installation instructions that are in the current guide.

• +1 1

On a seperate note - there has been a series of mods being released that are complete overhauls of the 'minor' hold capitols: Falkreath, Morthal, Dawnstar, and Winterhold. Has anyone looked at these in game, or have any opinions about suitability for use with the guide? The screens for Falkreath look pretty good, but I'm unsure that using Winterhold would be a good idea, given how many mods we have that affect that place already. THoughts?

On a seperate note - there has been a series of mods being released that are complete overhauls of the 'minor' hold capitols: Falkreath, Morthal, Dawnstar, and Winterhold. Has anyone looked at these in game, or have any opinions about suitability for use with the guide? The screens for Falkreath look pretty good, but I'm unsure that using Winterhold would be a good idea, given how many mods we have that affect that place already. THoughts?

I tested The Great City Of Morthal but instantly pulled it as my FPS tanked from 59 to somewhere in the low 30's and that was even before running xLODGEN and DynDOLOD.

We think it is cos the mod author instead of deleting unwanted stuff just buried it and thus was still being loaded into the game.

CCleaner? :blink: :crash:

Berndaroy had issue with the paid for version of CCleaner early on. I use the free version and never had issues.

I tested The Great City Of Morthal but instantly pulled it as my FPS tanked from 59 to somewhere in the low 30's and that was even before running xLODGEN and DynDOLOD.

We think it is cos the mod author instead of deleting unwanted stuff just buried it and thus was still being loaded into the game.

From that, I assume it wasn't just you who had issues with the FPS?